Lady Ga Ga chased out of Indonesia by muslim fanatics

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indonesia in good musical taste shocker.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Oh dear shame. Well not really. If they want to behave like idiots in Indonesia don't expect it will end up being much skin off Ga Ga's nose. Lots of places in the world are happy to have her, she has a lot of fans.

Muslims can be a funny lot.

Christians as well... not sure if you cover that as well or are Muslims your sole annoyance?
    Christians in South Korea where asking God to stop her performance there.

God must have been doing an Artemis, being busy elsewhere.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Christians as well... not sure if you cover that as well or are Muslims your sole annoyance?

Was her South Korea one cancelled due death threats too? :eek:

She'll be running out of countries!
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    Was her South Korea one cancelled due death threats too? :eek:

She'll be running out of countries!

Are you implying a Christian would never make a death threat? You may be onto a loser with that one. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh no them too. If that is what the OP was about I would have phrased it differently but the sentiment would be the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you implying a Christian would never make a death threat? You may be onto a loser with that one. :)

Oh dear! Someone's in an argumentative mood tonight. :D
  • BRGBRG Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    longliving wrote: »
    I'd love it. I'd bend over and wiggle my bum at them. I'd burp and fart and do a little dance in front of the picket line. If i was Lady Gaga i'd have some fireworks attatched to my chest and make it look like im firing rockets out my nipples. Give the locals a bit of razzle dazzle.

Wow, that doesn't sound like something that just popped into your head :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come God was always intervening in person back in the day (supposedly) but these days he seems a bit absent, relying on humans to do his "work"?

Have theologians come up with an answer for that?

Of course they have...that's their job...
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Lady Gaga?
    Someone important?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Sorry, Lady Gaga?
    Someone important?

No not really.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    No not really.

thought not. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Lady Gaga, I do like her performances her music, her videos, however she was warned that she would not be allowed to put on the performance she was going to put on at her concert weeks if not over a month ago, due to the explicitness of the performance which they felt was insulting and disrespectful to their religion and culture.
    This article is no surprise to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Added to my comment above, I would just like to say that I am not condoning any threats, it is merely an observation of the past month or so.
  • peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    They threatened her with death.

Those people need to get into the 21st century.

I hope Lady Ga Ga is ok.

did she not repel them with her Anti-Muslim Pork Suit then?
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Splinter-Z wrote: »
    She may have been wearing her pork bacon dress!!
    It might something to do with the fact she does not have any talent and has the annoying habit of trying to shock people.
    Now i gather she is in thailand and likes "ladyboys" .maybe she should stay there and become a transexual or is she one already.. A transexual with about as much talent as my little finger has..
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say that I like her music at all, but I like thugs who threaten violence even less.
  • Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    No bacon, no alcohol, no music or scantily clad women! Is there anything that these fanatics actually do like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might something to do with the fact she does not have any talent and has the annoying habit of trying to shock people.
    Now i gather she is in thailand and likes "ladyboys" .maybe she should stay there and become a transexual or is she one already.. A transexual with about as much talent as my little finger has..

Bit of a storm about ladyboys and fake Rolex.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9287078/Lady-Gaga-facing-Thailand-backlash-after-fake-Rolex-joke.html
  • peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    No bacon, no alcohol, no music or scantily clad women! Is there anything that these fanatics actually do like?

beards
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peon wrote: »
    beards

On their women?:D
  • Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    peon wrote: »
    beards

Good point. Would go some way to explaining the niqab.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armi wrote: »

Well after the usual predictable stuff having a pop at the OP for the thread title, and "Christians are just as bad", I'd just say from a pragmatic point of view that she (Lady Ga Ga) should give a wide berth to any countries where nutters, religious or otherwise, are threatening her.

Cue someone to jump to their defence and assure me that she faces no threat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

LOL:D
    Now she is stirring nationalist fervour in Thailand, where people tend to get upset when the country's seedy underworld is highlighted by outsiders.

"♫ One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster... ♫"
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Well after the usual predictable stuff having a pop at the OP for the thread title, and "Christians are just as bad", I'd just say from a pragmatic point of view that she (Lady Ga Ga) should give a wide berth to any countries where nutters, religious or otherwise, are threatening her.

Cue someone to jump to their defence and assure me that she faces no threat.

You mean the completely false thread title... ?

Sorry for pointing that out.. next time I'll just blindly accept the post and believe everything I read from forum members - even yappy

And no one here has so far even thought about defending these intolerant nutters.
  • m4rk1m4rk1 Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »

Don't they love death the same way we love life?