Options

Who Cried more Alex or Austin?

LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
Forum Member
Since both of them spent more time crying Than singing which one of them gets the 'Cry-baby Award'?:o

I knwo that both of them cried in there first audition but then Austin cried in Boot camp then after that I'm lost....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never really saw Alexandra cry that much untill top 5, her VT's were always the most up-beat and Simon always said "You never complain and always have fun". So I'm gonna say Austin as he cried so much and was only there four weeks.
  • Options
    da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austin
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you need to define the criteria and measurement more tightly.

Do you mean lenght of time crying. and/or intensity of crying (perpaps volume or weight of tears.

Also should this be in relation to the ammount of time on out screens? and/or in relation to the intensity of the circumstance to which they were reacting. Getting through to the next round versus winning the whole thing?

As uncomfortable as some of the crying was to witness I am glad that adults are capabke of showing emotion on our screens. It might make us (and I include myself) a less uptight societly
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    In terms of as a percentage of their time spent in the competition, prob Austin. He certainly took the early lead.

Alex didn't cry a great deal at the start but dear lord she made up for it in the last few weeks.
  • Options
    LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    neelia wrote: »
    Well you need to define the criteria and measurement more tightly.

Do you mean lenght of time crying. and/or intensity of crying (perpaps volume or weight of tears.

Also should this be in relation to the ammount of time on out screens? and/or in relation to the intensity of the circumstance to which they were reacting. Getting through to the next round versus winning the whole thing?

As uncomfortable as some of the crying was to witness I am glad that adults are capabke of showing emotion on our screens. It might make us (and I include myself) a less uptight societly

Just Cry, not length or weight or colour or Time it takes from one tear to the next.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Cry, not length or weight or colour or Time it takes from one tear to the next.[/QUOTE]

that is length - length of time :

If it is just time then it is probably Alex as she was on our screens for a much longer time than Austin and had more opportunity to :)
  • Options
    fairycakesfairycakes Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra. Austin was a beautiful crier whereas Alex`s crying just drove me mad! Plus it was all for the sympathy vote but when Austin got to the live shows he stopped crying!
  • Options
    jaybsjaybs Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex was and is a Weeper for Britain!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol at this thread.
    Sorry i cant answer because I would be very objective ;)
    But I can tell that Austin cried:
    1. after 1st audition
    2. 1st day at boot camp (I haven't seen him crying 2nd day at boot camp)
    3. in Simon's house before singing and when Simon told he was picked to final 12.

In the live shows he didn't cry at all.
    Oh maybe he shed a tear in a xtra factor watching "feel the love" video with other contestants after kicking him out of competition.
    and that would be pretty everything.
    So he cried 4 times?
    I don't know how many times did Alex cry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Since both of them spent more time crying Than singing which one of them gets the 'Cry-baby Award'?:o

I knwo that both of them cried in there first audition but then Austin cried in Boot camp then after that I'm lost....

Austin definately cried more.

Although Alex made me cringe much more.
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl cole. Though not an option but she was the biggest crybaby. Out of alex and austin i'll go with austin.
  • Options
    Mrs DoodlesMrs Doodles Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Daft question seeing as Austin was kicked out ages ago and Alex won it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    diana - the week of laryngitis,she beats them both hands down
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    Austin won the tear factor with 1500mls of electrolyte sobbed away in only weeks.

Just consider what he'd have been like had he made it through to the Final though. I can imagine him stood there with Dermot having to grip him by the shoulder, tears already to Austin's ankles as the winner's name is called out.

"And the winner is........Austin!...........Austin, steady on mate!"

He'd wail, collapse to his knees, clenched fists steadying himself as he slowly rocked forward, and then he'd pass out from dehydration. It'd be like Geraldine's 'win' come true, only choking back the tears instead of glitter.
  • Options
    Rick_JRick_J Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra lasted 10 shows and viewers had the chance to see her cry several times (VTs, end of performances, winning and about 50 repeats of them). It therefore may seem like Austin cried less but in the early stages of the show he was uncontrollable.

This is a personal opinion but Alexandra crying was touching, Austin crying was irritating and just made him look desperate. You could probably argue that Alexandra "timed" hers well i.e. she didn't go overboard in the early weeks
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, Austin's crying was only put on.

The previous year they told him he didn't show enough emotion and needed to prove how much he "wanted it". So once he was through to the final 12 he felt he could stop acting. But it had alienated too many viewers by then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexandra :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, Austin's crying was only put on.

The previous year they told him he didn't show enough emotion and needed to prove how much he "wanted it". So once he was through to the final 12 he felt he could stop acting. But it had alienated too many viewers by then.

isn't it horrible and outrageous to kick someone out because of this ridiculous reason?
    well, for me it only shows that even in this early stage they carefully check who might be a perfect puppet.
    They don't want to find a big talent but a perfect puppet!
  • Options
    teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of Alexandra, but if one thing's pissed me off about her, it's the crying. I know it means a lot to her though, where as with Austin - it was extremely embarrassing and desperate. The biggest crier to annoy me was Diana though, "everyone got to meet Mariah Carey and I didn't" she cried, with a husky put on voice. Alexandra and Laura were lucky not to get sick from "TOFFEE APPLES!".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who out the 2 were the most genuine tears is the question for me
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God Austin!

He toned it down by the live shows, but I was put off him for life by the time he had even got there due to the tears!
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actual crying? Austin, he actually seemed emotional a lot of the time.

Fake crying with just pretend sniffles and no actual Tears? Alexandra about 100 times more than anyone in the history of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    God Austin!

He toned it down by the live shows, but I was put off him for life by the time he had even got there due to the tears!

Really?
    Watch this!!!!!!!
    Danii about Austin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mhI6E-XI-E

Barbados
    around 6:00 min.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmSngu3CE3U&feature=related

Simon talking at 2:27
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq9aUjry59o&feature=related