The mum that was taken away for her daughter's care.

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would be surprised at what councils will do.

My parents are getting on a bit now and my dad is starting to struggle with looking after my mum. He is 80 himself. So I thought it would be a good thing if they both came and either lived with me in my current house or the council could move us into a new house. Either way the council would get a desperately needed two bedroom adapted bungalow and my parents would get the help they needed.

No way, says the council, via the occupational therapist who has never even met my parents. So far as the council are concerned my parents are adequately housed and if they need more care they should apply to social services for it!

So rather than be helped by me, a trained nurse, and who has been a teacher, they have to get a stranger in to help them and pay for that care which I would have provided freely.

Why? Your guess is as good as mine.

This is the same scenario as the daughter in question. She is a CARE WORKER, her sister is a registered nurse, they believed they would be better off caring for their own mother.

Why? like you say your guess is as good as anyones.

MADNESS. In the continent old people LIVE with their families its the thing you do they are not just dumped into homes.

This country is weird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the same scenario as the daughter in question. She is a CARE WORKER, her sister is a registered nurse, they believed they would be better off caring for their own mother.

Why? like you say your guess is as good as anyones.

MADNESS. In the continent old people LIVE with their families its the thing you do they are not just dumped into homes.

This country is weird.

:D

Sorry .. read that as 'Incontinent' old people at first :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daughter on ITV's This Morning now. Expect a balanced, fair, unemotional piece..........................

HA! Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face.

ETA Oh how Denise Robertson pees me off. Woman talks a load of balls.