Comments

• David SteinbergDavid Steinberg Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish Survey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. I am doing a project for university looking at the media and their audiences. I was wondering if some of yourselves down here on the political forum wouldnt mind sparing a few moments doing my survey.

Thanks,

Nvr

Heres the link
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CYSSQCX

What's this really for? This survey is surely not an university project as it doesnt conform to any of the academic basics on consultation and communications. I don't wish to be cruel, but it's so flawed and been constructed with such little finesse or forethought that it wouldn't gain marks as a GCSE project
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    What a wonderfully slanted survey with leading questions. The survey seems designed to make people assume the BBC is biased.

Why does the age bracketting stop at 30, aren't older people allowed to have valid opinions?
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could have just made a post here, OP. Most of us have guessed you're trying to make a point rather than survey people's thoughts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Done, but you won't like my answers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All done.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. I'm not sure what your hoping to find out OP but those questions seem to be worded in such a way that I doubt you would gain any meaningful answers from them.
  • humptymcnumptyhumptymcnumpty Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boy was that fun. I was able to spout of loads of anti tory and anti sky rants and sweary words and nobody to answer back . What an enjoyable couple of minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All done and dusted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    What's this really for? This survey is surely not an university project as it doesnt conform to any of the academic basics on consultation and communications. I don't wish to be cruel, but it's so flawed and been constructed with such little finesse or forethought that it wouldn't gain marks as a GCSE project

Harsh but true. If this is the standard of university students today:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted - fake response ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    Survey's are notorious for people giving fake answers and lying. Do you trust surveys? Yes/No.

Judging by the unreliable answers I generally give to them, No.

Surveys are also notorious for slanted questions, which is at least as bad as lying respondents (who have no responsibility to anyone).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    bump

Thanks to all so far, just a little bump to get more responses
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harsh but true. If this is the standard of university students today:eek:

I dont think it is.

Therefore it's just some cr*ppy loaded little media survey which attempts to "prove" something - but in fact amounts to no more than self confirmation of views his/her organisation already holds.

Maybe the OP could enlighten us more
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Completed the survey, but boy was it biased (far more so than the BBC that's for sure!). I don't think the OP's going to like my answers.
  • PoliticoRNPoliticoRN Posts: 5,519
    Forum Member
    A good journalist is totally impartial.

Then there's never been a good journalist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Do you seriously expect me to waste good quality printer paper by printing out that survey just for me to wipe my arse with it?
    (Can't think what else it is good for).
  • the power kingthe power king Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done it Very Good Survey nice And Easy To Flowern Well done
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    completed :D
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've done it but must express my chagrin at your use of 'u' for 'you' in one of the questions; total ignorance to your Alma Mater (or on the other hand, says a lot about her).
  • Silver TractorSilver Tractor Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you Coulson's tea boy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completed the survey, but boy was it biased (far more so than the BBC that's for sure!). I don't think the OP's going to like my answers.

Me too - mine neither.

Leave the BBC alone - if you wanna scrap with the media - try SKY.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've completed it too but I have to agree with some of the poster that it was a tad biased. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    I can accept people on here criticising my survey and I feel it's only right I tell you I am doing this with a fellow student who is a die-hard Labour supporter!

However, when it gets personal then this is of no use to me. Calling the survey "s***" is fine by me but then when you answer the last question go and f*** off and play with your lego and get a job with sky when and if you grow up

Why do this??I notice it was done in the early hours of this morning- so I do wonder if drink was involved.

I would like this person to own up as you know nothing about me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can accept people on here criticising my survey and I feel it's only right I tell you I am doing this with a fellow student who is a die-hard Labour supporter!

However, when it gets personal then this is of no use to me. Calling the survey "s***" is fine by me but then when you answer the last question go and f*** off and play with your lego and get a job with sky when and if you grow up

Why do this??I notice it was done in the early hours of this morning- so I do wonder if drink was involved.

I would like this person to own up as you know nothing about me.

Dont take it personally. Just accept your survey is flawed as it hasn't been constructed in accord with basic fundamentals of consultation and rudimentary standards of impartiality. Ever heard of rubbish in, rubbish out? You and your Labour friend may as well make up the answers yourself