New music from The Veronicas - You Ruin Me

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
Forum Member
Love it. and it's been a while since i liked a ballad. It's been the number 1 single in Australia for 3 weeks and it looks like they might get 4 in a row at the top.

Music Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_rZ9rHFwGY

X Factor Performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLwbb2Ijr9Y

Comments

• Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is defiantly my favourite song at the moment. I hope it does well in the UK :)
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,623
    Forum Member
    Checked this out last week after seeing it #1 in Australia. Its the best track they've released by far as I wasn't much of a fan a few years back, but this is both haunting and stunning.

Hope it provides The Veronica's with a big hit in the UK.
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like this song, it's one of my favourites at the moment.

It's 179 on iTunes on pre orders so hopefully, if it gets airplay, it will do well when it's released here.

I can see radio 1 and radio 2 playing it.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I adore The Veronicas, they've been trying to release their 3rd album for a few years now but the release is finally on the way after they left Warner Brothers for Sony Music. Their voices are divine, I really hope You Ruin Me does well in the UK when it's released. :)
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is this released in UK? I love this track.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    When is this released in UK? I love this track.

It'll be out on iTunes tomorrow. :) It's available for pre-order now in the mean time. ^_^
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there have been some great ballads this year and this song is certainly up there with the best of them. i cant say i have been impressed by them before, but this song is undeniably great. i hope it smashes here in the uk.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    already at number #7 on the Itunes chart :D I think that's excellent since I have not heard the song on any radio station as of yet :( I'm going to be optimistic and hope the single goes top 5 on Sunday :D
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to http://comparemyradio.com/tracks/The_Veronicas/You_Ruin_Me the track is being played a lot on Heart. It's only had a single play on Radio 2 and Capital though.

I loved 'Untouched' a few years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    charted at Number #8, suppose that's not bad since they have done no promotion in the UK and airplay has been low.

Now bring on the album :D
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,623
    Forum Member
    You Ruin Me getting to #8 on very little airplay outside of Heart FM is very impressive. I think it's sublime and easily my favourite single in the UK chart this week.

Hope it doesn't plummet but instead manages to stick around for a while.
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this. I've never really taken any notice of The Veronicas, though I do believe they had a song I quite liked a few years back. Must look that up again and see if it was them.

Anyway this one is stunning. Heartbreaking and beautiful. I'm glad it's selling quite well for them and I'm definitely going to check out their album if/when it is released.