Options

Eminem: "I'll punch Lana Del Rey in the face twice"

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    There are movies from the viewpoint of a serial killer or rapist. He's portraying a character. just like anthony hopkins is not a serial killer who likes to eat people in real life. eminem has an oscar as well ;)
    he has never actually raped or killed anyone and no one has been raped or killed because of the lyrics in an eminem song,.and if anyone did do something like that then they are a fruitloop who is going to rape or kill anyway and the eminem defence is not going to stand up in court.

Anthony is an actor. It's his job to do that. Eminem's main job isn't to pretend to be other people. I'm just trying to understand why someone would create an alter ego, just so they can rap about raping women and kids. Of course I'm not saying that he has raped anyone. Even if it's just an alter ego, rapping about murdering real life people isn't really funny. Was he using an alter ego when he sang about killing his ex-wife in the same song that he mentioned his own daughter?
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissMarvel wrote: »
    Anthony is an actor. It's his job to do that. Eminem's main job isn't to pretend to be other people. I'm just trying to understand why someone would create an alter ego, just so they can rap about raping women and kids. Of course I'm not saying that he has raped anyone. Even if it's just an alter ego, rapping about murdering real life people isn't really funny. Was he using an alter ego when he sang about killing his ex-wife in the same song that he mentioned his own daughter?

His ex wife is still alive and well. Maybe he does it to give you a viewpoint into what goes on in the head of people who do things like this, the reasons why or what would drive them to do it, or what they get out of it, or the consequences. It is a fact of life whether you wish to hear about it or not.
    Everyone knows that eminem has tongue in cheek lyrics, everything he says is outrageous..thats part of his hook. No one can take him seriously even when he's being dark..even the part you highlighted had a part about opening an umbrella inside someone..does that sound realistic to you.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Y_Me wrote: »
    Keeping her messages for so long, now that's very sad LOL!!!

She's an alcoholic and she thought she could say what she wanted, even her boyfriend shut his mouth after that Warning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    His ex wife is still alive and well. Maybe he does it to give you a viewpoint into what goes on in the head of people who do things like this, the reasons why or what would drive them to do it, or what they get out of it, or the consequences. It is a fact of life whether you wish to hear about it or not.
    Everyone knows that eminem has tongue in cheek lyrics, everything he says is outrageous..thats part of his hook. No one can take him seriously even when he's being dark..even the part you highlighted had a part about opening an umbrella inside someone..does that sound realistic to you.

Writing songs about murdering real people is not funny. Writing a song about raping a young girl is not ok, just because a small part of the lyrics don't sound realistic. It doesn't matter that it's sometimes an alter ego. When he writes a song acknowledging his kids and then proceeds to rap about beating and killing their mother, it's disturbing.