Options

If there is one thing you'd like to see in Series 7 next year . . .

DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
Forum Member
✭✭✭
. . . what would it be, and why?

For me, it's gotta be ... far less reliance on that flaming sonic screwdriver would be nice! It's still a cool tool, in moderation
of course, but with how often The Doctor has used it in this series, it might as well be surgically attached to his palm!

Comments

• Options
    BP4Lthe2ndBP4Lthe2nd Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    The return of another classic series villian that hasn't been seen for years.

Series 6 is the only series since 2005 not to re-introduce a classic villian or race. The closest we got was a relation to the Nimon with the Minotaur. Oh and the Cybermats but they hardly count.

I know you said one but ... more Madam K!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I love that screwdriver :D It's both lame and awesome all at the same time. Whenever the Doctor opens a non-wood door with his hands I always think, "Why not sonic it?".

I'd personally love to see more of the River storyline, it's far from over and it'd be a real shame not to continue with it for at least another series. She's been a monumental character.

Apart from that, I'd like to see Cybermen that actually scare me :D I mean, c'mon... killed with love?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Amy Pond. I just love her, both as an adult and as a child. I could more easily endure a regeneration of Matt Smith to the 12th Doctor, rather than see Amy Pond cast aside. To me, she is the Sarah Jane Smith of nu-who and it will take a long time to get over her when she's gone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I love that screwdriver :D It's both lame and awesome all at the same time. Whenever the Doctor opens a non-wood door with his hands I always think, "Why not sonic it?".

I'd personally love to see more of the River storyline, it's far from over and it'd be a real shame not to continue with it for at least another series. She's been a monumental character.

Apart from that, I'd like to see Cybermen that actually scare me :D I mean, c'mon... killed with love?

I agree about the Cybermen. I thought Closing Time was the worst episode of the season. It took us back about 40 years or so. The idea that all you had to do was cover somebody in armor plating to make a cyberman was rediculous. Nu-who has shown us that the process is horrific and irreversible, and now we get this... meh. What's up with that?

But River Song, please spare me. I'm so sick of River Song that I record the shows instead of bothering to watch them live. I don't like the character and I never have. I don't like the actress either. I am so hoping that the latest episode has closed her loop and we never have to see her again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Hi all. I'd quite like to see something to address the proliferation of time travel. It's got to the point where I'm suspicisious that I'M the only one not at it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Ice Warriors.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd quite like to see an episode in which we find out more about the Silence. I really like the Silence and despite them appearing in 3 episodes, we only really know the basics about them. I want to see an episode in which their background is explored more and to have an episode where their main goal isn't to kill the Doctor.

Anyone else agree with this, or do you think they should be left alone now?

Also, I want to see more River, Amy and Rory. Series 6 story arc was all about River, but I think we can move on from that and go back to having River as a main character without everything revolving around her. Maybe we could have her as a full time companion for one series...although not sure if that would work. I wouldn't mind though. Amy and Rory coming back is a must.

The thing I want the most though is for Time to speed up so we can see Series 7 :D
    Roll on 2012!
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A return to the format of Series 1-4. Eleven episodes of standalone stories (some two parters) with occasional casual references to the arc leading into the 12 and 13 finale. I just felt the arcs of 5/6 were too prominent throughout the series,

Would also like to see another classic series villain as the big bad return at the end of it. Not the Daleks, Cybermen or the Master.
  • Options
    hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Captain Jack :D

More of the River story:)

Overall a less disjointed series format
  • Options
    DavidusDavidus Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Firstly, (as SM has mentioned) a reversion back to the times when the Doctor wasn't so well known.

Secondly, agreed with whats been mentioned above. More stand alone stories

A mention of a previous companion and/or bringing them back for an episode or a villian of the classic series, or even revisiting the scene of a classcic series story (maybe a few years afterwards and seeing the result of the doctor's actions).

Bringing back some gallifreyan history (maybe a story with the Doctor somehow being thrown back to the days before the Time War) on Gallifrey.

Toning down of an overall thread which runs throughout the series (Like the Bad Wolf aspect of series 1).

Maybe the inclusion of a thread which (hopefully) has had breadcrumbs in previous series and are hinted at further with a view to the next series (50th year).

Some more historical adventures, and of course a new baddie to compete with the Daleks/Cybermen etc.

Not much then :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More River Song. Each time she is in the show a few questions are answered about her but then even more are created. I seem to prefer episodes that feature River Song.
  • Options
    james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More of the "Fury of the timelord"
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I could never choose just one thing for Series 7, so here is a long list of demands I have for the next series :D

- Matt Smith as The Doctor, though that's a given.

- A new companion...I would love to see Lucy Brown (Claudia/Jenny from Primeval) in the role as a 19th Century woman from a wealthy, posh, corset-wearing background. I think Matt Smith would act well off of a character like this as well. Maybe she doesn't want to travel with The Doctor at first...maybe something happened that means she and The Doctor are bound together (not literally, ofc)

- The old format. Credit for trying, but the Series 6 format was quite weak and brought the whole series down. It was a great series, but I suspect with the old format it may have become the best. I want to see a two-part finale, some two-parters in the middle and a less intense story arc. Series 1-4 format.

- Amy, Rory and River in a two-parter, maybe the finale as well if the story suits.

- No daleks or cybermen for the most part... I feel the impact of a dalek return will be massive if they can make it one more year without them. The cybermen had a chance this year and they blew it.

- Another appearance from Churchill would be nice.

- I would love to see The Birdmen in the show... those physicians who had the bird masks back in the 17th century. I think they could be as creepy as The Empty Child.

- A weeping angels finale, utilising their time-travel tricks from Blink. I think it would be brilliantly creepy, would allow Moffat to do his timey-wimey stuff, but it wouldn't have to be as dramatically overblown as the last two finales. It could be a proper character piece that flits through the past and the future. We know the angels are immensely powerful, but they've never been given a huge story to show the extent of their power.

That is all, for now :)
  • Options
    emma_marieemma_marie Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    No companions :eek:
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like them to revisit the library.
  • Options
    BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    The Dream Lord revealed to somehow be in league with the Silence, with his voice as the one heard in the TARDIS in "The Pandorica Opens".

I'd also like to see the Vashta Nerada again.
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Madam K again. she's not really dead. but what does finally happen to her, and who the hell is she. why did she become a servant of the silence.
  • Options
    Lazlo WolfLazlo Wolf Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Daleks Daleks Daleks.

In fact - 'Season of the Daleks' where they're involved in every story.

This will serve the twin functions of delighting kids and annoying grumpy old fans, which are the two best things that the show can do.
  • Options
    Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less River Song, but that doesn't mean no River Song. Maybe just one episode. Madame Kovarian perhaps.

I definitely want to see less Amy/Rory-centric stories.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Jim the Fish and Easter Island!! - Has to be done.
  • Options
    purpletoonlinkpurpletoonlink Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Lazlo Wolf wrote: »
    Daleks Daleks Daleks.

In fact - 'Season of the Daleks' where they're involved in every story.

This will serve the twin functions of delighting kids and annoying grumpy old fans, which are the two best things that the show can do.

Oh boy, I couldn't agree more. I quite like seeing grumpy old fans on DS getting all riled up, using phrases like 'simply disgraceful!' and 'utterly ridiculous!' :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    What would I Like to see next year from the Doctor? Well, How about Wrapping up of the River Arc maybe? The Singing Towers of Darillium and her Very Last night with the Doctor (should be Rather emotional to say the least given just What has gone on since that long ago day when she died in front of us all in 2008 and All we now know about How she came to know him (who'd of thought so long ago back in May/June '08 that a one-off Character would become So central to it all a few short years later and all this with Tennant nearly forgotten So well has Matt Smith virtually become the Doctor now?

Mind you the way it all fits together when watching Those episodes alongside the more recent ones with River in them now? I'd almost put money on Moffatt having Planned this - All of it from the very beginning of his tenure in charge since at least way back in 2008, possibly further. What's more? River's very often right regarding the Doctor no? She Should be given who she is to him - What's interesting though is that even when she barely knew him (or he her)? She was right back then to about him - Nearly everything she said about him? Did eventually happen - As regards his Character anyway; Consider, Her Doctor really Is possessed of a Lot more attitude and Far more willing to fight then Tennant's Ever was & then some & an aggressive Doctor? Can be Very dangerous indeed as we've seen recently - Far more dangerous than Tennant's Doctor ever was........:eek: As to next year? Maybe it would be nice to see the much mentioned Jim the Fish, Picnic at Asgard & the Doc & Wifey's (LOL) Visit to Easter Island to. Then there's the Doctor's previous mentioned visit to the Gamma Forests where he met Lorna in Her younger days and I'm still not To sure just Why the Doc' needs (or How he knows him) the help of Canton Everett Delaware when "his time" comes; Maybe a backstory to that little tale would be good to.

And then to one matter I've Always found more intriguing than much else regarding Moffatt's Who - That is what of the Library itself where River dies? We Still don't know if the "Silence" in the title back then meant Them (the Order of the Silence) or was just a coincidence with the Vashta Nerada about; :confused: Then there's the "Forests" in the second episodes title? Were They significant also? Gamma Forests maybe? Think about it Gamma = A Technological term; The Library a Giant computer world - Maybe the "Child of the Gamma Forests" the Doctor later meets in Lorna was in another lifetime? Known only as CAL or better to her family as Charlotte Abigail Lux. And thinking on recent events? There's most certainly a tale to tell somewhere regarding just Who Madame Kovarian is/was and Why she hates/hated the Doctor So much as to pursue him So ruthlessly as she did until he ahem 'died' - Finally just Where (or rather When) Did the Doctor give River his New Model Screwdriver? Maybe there's a story to tell regarding that also; Whatever happens, Plenty to explore there and knowing Moffatt? You can Bet it's nearly All linked somewhere down the line..........;)

As I said; There's enough material in That little lot for almost half a season come to think of it and maybe a 'catch up/fill in' quiet season with little in the way of universe threatening disasters for the Doctor & spouse to stop or massive series arcs for them to work out would be Perfectly in line with the Doctors own Stated wish to "remain in the shadows" for a while now and next year would be a Great time for such a series builiding up to a return to gigantic plots, massive arcs etc in the 2013 50th anniversary series. Given that Moffatt was so Clearly planning All of this since Waaaay back in 2008 - Maybe he'll devote the next series to tying up the loose ends he left All over the place since Series 5 began (if he Has a weakness? It's That) and give the Doctor and his little wifey (ha ha Not) a relatively quiet year.......As if!!! :D But they could Still have some Great adventures with that little lot or so I think anyway..............

Still we shall see soon enough - Me? I Still think there's a Lot of unanswered questions as regards all these recent Moffatt stories and Especially re River & the Doc's unseen adventures and I've a feeling that at least Some of said adventures? Won't remain 'unseen' for long - I think maybe some of the other unanswered gaps I've mentioned Will eventually be answered to - We shall see soon enough no doubt - Time will tell on that as it always does............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Zygons in another Scottish story, where Amy returns to discover her roots, but through her English upbringing has trouble fitting in.
  • Options
    AncalagonAncalagon Posts: 2,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see the Weeping Angels return- a storyline for them would be creepy and dark and very good I think.

Amy and Rory and River back- I love all three of them- though I do wish Amy and The Doctor could have some more fun/stand alone adventures like they did at the start of season five.

Most of River's bombshells have now been dropped so, she does not need to be the focus for s7- but obviously her being their would be great!

Is Karen Gillan returning full time- if so I think she is the first companion in new Who to appear for more than two seasons consecutivley- so good for her :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    A guest appearance by me ;)