Now TV

muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone use this and is it any good. I'm currently on Virgin Media even the cheapest package is expensive. I've got channels I would never watch.

Is Now TV worth it and can I keep my virgin broadband and cancel my TV package

Comments

• moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member
    I have the entertainment package for The Walking Dead and I have watched other stuff like The Leftovers on it. Its fine as long as you have unlimited broadband (which apparently I don't nowadays- thanks EE>:( ) but if you do have a limit you may find you go over it if you watch a lot and get charged.

Still cheaper than Sky though I guess.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do you have a device you could try the free trial on?
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got Virgin media and my broadband is unlimited. Was thinking of binning the TV part of it and keep the broadband

I have an iPad ?
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I've got Virgin media and my broadband is unlimited. Was thinking of binning the TV part of it and keep the broadband

I have an iPad ?

There is an iPad app for Now TV, so you could try it for a month before cancelling your Virgin Package.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying a free trial of Sky Movies via Now TV on Roku. It has worked very well so far, the streaming is reliable and picture quality is fine.

I have Sky TV but for some reason it's cheaper to get Sky Movies via Now TV (£9.99 vs £16).
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had the NowTV box for a year and it was bought specifically to give access to the England home Rugby Union games as they are only available via Sky. Have watched 6 or 7 of them so far, 5 have been OK with a good SD picture quality. However I have had refunds for 2 games due to severe buffering issues.

At £9.99 it's good value for what you get, there are offers at times for various packages too.
  • x6461x6461 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    For a 3 month Now TV entertainment pass get a Chromecast,With all the these current offers on the Chromecast the unit pays for itself.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB