2»

Comments

• Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Why do you hate the home made comments?

Because usually they are made in response to an OP asking specifically about some form of supermarket or take away item and has little relevance to the question and isn't very helpful. It's just something that happens a lot on here.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Because usually they are made in response to an OP asking specifically about some form of supermarket or take away item and has little relevance to the question and isn't very helpful. It's just something that happens a lot on here.

Ahh, I see now.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a local butcher who sells the best sausage rolls I've ever had. Award winning pork pies too. Alas, all of this is off the menu for me as I'm having to lose weight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    does it really matter though if they are home made..sausage roll is a sausage roll, and home made ones are nice, as you can add stuff in them, also you no what is in them ?
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homemade with butchers sausage and lots of seasoning and sage :).
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    does it really matter though if they are home made..sausage roll is a sausage roll, and home made ones are nice, as you can add stuff in them, also you no what is in them ?
    It's not about sausage rolls it's about some people thinking they are better than others as they make their own. It can be about any food trying to make themselves look better than the supermarket or takeaway buyer.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    It's not about sausage rolls it's about some people thinking they are better than others as they make their own. It can be about any food trying to make themselves look better than the supermarket or takeaway buyer.

The problem is you can not taste other peoples home made stuff, it is like saying Our butchers make the best sausage rolls, but how many people on here can try them?
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    I am veggie but my son swears by the pret a manger ones that have ketchup inside them

Linda McCartney veggie sausage rolls are really nice.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is you can not taste other peoples home made stuff, it is like saying Our butchers make the best sausage rolls, but how many people on here can try them?

That is so true when anyone says homemade gravy I instantly think you haven't tried mine, if you had you would appreciate instant gravy granules. :D
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well..

We could create the ultimate DS sausage roll, or at least try to. That's the joy of recipies. If they're detailed enough, anyone should be able to recreate it, give or take ovens.. :)