Jeremy Kyle has cancer.

Comments

• Paul_FordPaul_Ford Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I wish the word cancer was dropped from the medical dictionary.

Lots of people get cancer, some have a severe form and die a long painful slow horrible death, others die very quickly in little pain and others make a full recovery.

The word is used as a catch all, might as well say someone is "ill" - means nothing.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayBird78 wrote: »
    He is apparently recovering well after having chemotherapy for testicular cancer. It was diagnosed just before Christmas and appears it was caught early.

Good for him : I believe the recovery rate from that form of cancer is excellent if caught early.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_Ford wrote: »

Lots of people get cancer, some have a severe form and die a long painful slow horrible death, others die very quickly in little pain and others make a full recovery.

The word is used as a catch all, might as well say someone is "ill" - means nothing.

I wish that when someone mentions any health related issue, that forum members wouldn't use it as an opportunity to have a "my life story" moment.

I also wished for a date with Debbi Harry, sometimes we just got to suck it up and let the ill-informed continue on amusing us with there stupidity.
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you saying that the word "Cancer" means nothing? It means a lot more than being "ill" ... Cancer may be a catch all for all the various different types that there are but it is a serious condition/illness. My aunt had a rare kind that couldn't be operated on. I saw her in hospital and in a hospice. It was probably the most upsetting thing I have seen so far in my life... I have seen my Nan, my mum, uncle, cousins break down in tears, I have cried my eyes out to my partner. I can assure you, the word Cancer does not mean "nothing"
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Can't stand JK, but I hope he has a full recovery from cancer, which is terrible.
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My brother was diagnosed with testicular cancer aged 46. Sadly within 1 year it killed him.

I wish JK a speedy 100% recovery.

Some nasty posters in this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    If you don't like his show, put The Wright Stuff on. It's much better than The Jeremy Kyle Show anyway.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't like his show, put The Wright Stuff on. It's much better than The Jeremy Kyle Show anyway.

Mother watches that, & I've seen a few as well.

The bloke is a self opinionated **** !

Only worth watching for that Kirsty bird!
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I can't for the life of me understand why people feel the need to prefix their 'hope he gets well' comments with 'I can't stand that man but...' - why bother saying anything at all? :confused:
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i much prefer The Wright Stuff. Strange how similiar Jezza and Matthew look though and I wonder if Matthew realises just how much more like Kyle he is becoming as he is so much more self opinionated these days.

Can't stand his show but I hope Jezza recovers well. At the very least he will be able to add ''Oii! I've had cancer! What's your excuse? Lazyitis?'' to his ''Oii! I work for a living, I drove up and down the motorway to see my kids! Get a Job!!'' to his shouting routine on the show. :p

edit: and his show is marginally better than the atrocious new Trisha on Five.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me understand why people feel the need to prefix their 'hope he gets well' comments with 'I can't stand that man but...' - why bother saying anything at all? :confused:

Maybe that's how they feel? Just a guess. I do think he's pure scum, but I don't wish him harm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not really sure what your trying to say? As a cancer survivor I can tell you that for those lucky enough to, in your opinion, "make a full recovery" the scars heal and the cancer is gone but the fear of return and the pain of what was the darkest, most uncertain time of my life will never leave. The word Cancer does not mean "nothing". Not for those who survived it, not to someone fighting it and not to those who have lost someone to it.

I wish JK all the best, he has no doubt come through this stronger than he could have imagined.

Isn't science awesome!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure what your trying to say? As a cancer survivor I can tell you that for those lucky enough to, in your opinion, "make a full recovery" the scars heal and the cancer is gone but the fear of return and the pain of what was the darkest, most uncertain time of my life will never leave. The word Cancer does not mean "nothing". Not for those who survived it, not to someone fighting it and not to those who have lost someone to it.

I wish JK all the best, he has no doubt come through this stronger than he could have imagined.

Isn't science awesome!

Precisely. I was going to reply to that post but decided it wasn't worth it.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It may mean nothing to you, it certainly bloody well means a lot to many other people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't science awesome!

Totally agree. I am receiving pallative care for my cancer. I dunno what lies ahead for me and it is frightening. I'd never wish this on anyone. For those who do survive it, I imagine there will always be that fear of it returning, paranoia that any illness is a sign its back.
    I wish Jeremy all the best for the future.
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Can't stand the man. Takes advantage of those with low intelligence. Having said that, I hope he recovers. Not liking someone does not mean you wish them ill. Good luck to him.

your right.
  • Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People knock the guy but he is not blackmailing anyone to go on his show. They proactively apply to. They know exactly what they are letting themselves in for. It has been on air for 6 years.

And watching the early morning repeats (5.00 am!), it seems that some of them go back for seconds. Someone on this thread said that he he takes advantage of those of low intelligence. I think some of the "guests" could be accused of the same thing. I am assuming ITV picks up the tab for all the DNA tests, lie detector tests, the after show psychological support, rehab etc. etc.

A lot of them also seem to make the most of the hotel stay the night before, which I assume ITV also pays for. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I am receiving pallative care for my cancer. I dunno what lies ahead for me and it is frightening. I'd never wish this on anyone. For those who do survive it, I imagine there will always be that fear of it returning, paranoia that any illness is a sign its back.
    I wish Jeremy all the best for the future.

Truestepper, I wish you all the best with your treatment and all the strength and fighting spirit in the world.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »

Perhaps because we're making that point that you don't have to particularly like someone or what they do to feel a bit of compassion for them when something like this happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I wish him the best and hope he makes a full and speedy recovery
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    He is not my cup of tea, I dont like how he uses those less fortunate to make his money and I dont like the way he puts them down and shouts at them, but I woudl never wish cancer on even the most loathesome being, so I hope he gets well soon. think hes had his treatment and is now recovering, I hope he and his family get over this.

actually if media news was truthful, he had an affair, leaving his wife and 2 daughters. now he is back with them..

that if true, means a HYPOCRITE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

So having cancer and having the flu are one and the same ??
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So having cancer and having the flu are one and the same ??

Some WUMs are best ignored.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Jez is okay now, he must work very hard on his show..the stress of dealing with all those mouthy chavs, seriously it must be very stressful.
    Not many people could deal with a job like that. I know he is paid well of course.

Love his show though hope he is well enough to do more.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the supermarket and saw The Sun headline 'Kyle Cancer Battle' I thought it said Kylie :eek: I had to google her just to check when I got home.