Victim of "straight O Phobia"

Herbet_JamesHerbet_James Posts: 331
Forum Member
Ok, So after a great night down the pub with a great group of people one guy decides he wants to proposition me.

At first I treat it as a joke, laugh it off but he persists, comments like "don't knock it till you've tried it" start rolling out. I make it clear he is a great guy who makes me laugh and a guy I feel close too but there is no sexual attraction.

He then tells me "straights are so boring" and the image of a man and woman making love is "gross" and I "NEED" to try a guy.

I felt harassed, abused victimised, I'm seriously considering making a hate crime complaint. How would I go about this?

Comments

• HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would highly recommend you 'get a life', and don't worry so much about something so trivial.
  • Herbet_JamesHerbet_James Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    I would highly recommend you 'get a life', and don't worry so much about something so trivial.

But if I were a homosexual and a "straight" had said such things...............................(I can link posts on this very forum showing how this forums reacts);-)

Imagine a street sign, Banstraights way.....
  • QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It never happened. I'm pretty sure that this exact same story was posted by another one of his 'Underscore_Army' not long back.
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    It never happened. I'm pretty sure that this exact same story was posted by another one of his 'Underscore_Army' not long back.

It happened, it happened tonight, that is a FACT. Yes this actually happened. It happens often, its time it stopped.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't be a victim of "straight-o-phobia" unless a person discriminated against you for being straight.
    But that's not what happened. Someone who fancied you for some reason apparently made a clumsy attempt at a pick up in a pub. Perhaps they were pissed. That's all.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »

I have to say the 'real name' underscore posters seem to be the most obvious trolls.
    I'm aware my username has an underscore but it was force of habit with me as spaces weren't generally allowed for usernames when I started out on my 28.8k modem!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if I were a homosexual and a "straight" had said such things...............................(I can link posts on this very forum showing how this forums reacts);-)

Er, not quite the same though, is it?

Also, I have serious doubts this even happened ;-)
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    You can't be a victim of "straight-o-phobia" unless a person discriminated against you for being straight.
    But that's not what happened. Someone who fancied you for some reason apparently made a clumsy attempt at a pick up in a pub. Perhaps they were pissed. That's all.

So saying the image of a man and woman making love is gross is not offensive?
    Forum Member
    Er, not quite the same though, is it?

Also, I have serious doubts this even happened ;-)

Why is'nt is the same? are you saying straights are less worthy?
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I have to say the 'real name' underscore posters seem to be the most obvious trolls.
    I'm aware my username has an underscore but it was force of habit with me as spaces weren't generally allowed for usernames when I started out on my 28.8k modem!

Troll. Singular. This is one of the more obvious bait-threads though.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus Christ, how many names has this guy had now?

Talk about needing a life...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So saying the image of a man and woman making love is gross is not offensive?

No, it's the opinion of a probably pissed bloke, not someone saying your personal shagging is offensive to them. No more than me saying Man Utd winning makes me puke.
    Forum Member
    No, it's the opinion of a probably pissed bloke, not someone saying your personal shagging is offensive to them. No more than me saying Man Utd winning makes me puke.

So if he says the image of 2 men making love is offensive thats ok too?
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »

It makes me very sad when people say this.

:(

There. Y'see?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is'nt is the same? are you saying straights are less worthy?

Of course.
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, how many names has this guy had now?

Talk about needing a life...

I've had one name in the last 6 years or so, this one. If you think I have had several names please state them. Or report to a moderator. The last time I posted on DS was "around" 2009.

An I wasn't banned, I just slowly posted less and less until I stopped posting. No drama, no reason.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I take anecdotal stuff at face value, and answer accordingly. Sometimes, the only one on the thread to do so.

But even I don't believe this OP. It just sounds as contrived as it is unlikely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if he says the image of 2 men making love is offensive thats ok too?

Well you just carry on being offended then. Good luck with that one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had one name, this one. If you think I have had several names please state them. Or report to a moderator. The last time I posted on DS was "around" 2009.

I thought you'd never ask! Done & done :D
    Forum Member
    I thought you'd never ask! Done & done :D

Report away,
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, So after a great night down the pub with a great group of people one guy decides he wants to proposition me.

At first I treat it as a joke, laugh it off but he persists, comments like "don't knock it till you've tried it" start rolling out. I make it clear he is a great guy who makes me laugh and a guy I feel close too but there is no sexual attraction.

He then tells me "straights are so boring" and the image of a man and woman making love is "gross" and I "NEED" to try a guy.

I felt harassed, abused victimised, I'm seriously considering making a hate crime complaint. How would I go about this?
    The word you're looking for is heterophobia, something which the pc brigade refuse to acknowledge exists, just like some of them think it's not possible to be racist towards a white person.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recommend you mosey on down to DS to baffle/enlighten them (strike out as applicable) with the latest user name of course! Go plough that furrow! (Just not in my back garden, okay?)
    Forum Member
    Well you just carry on being offended then. Good luck with that one.

WOW, So 2 men making love is offensive to you? Love does not see gender, >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    The word you're looking for is heterophobia, something which the pc brigade refuse to acknowledge exists, just like some of them think it's not possible to be racist towards a white person.

To be honest, I see the comparison, but I heartily disagree.

It's perfectly possible for somebody to be racist towards somebody who is white. I agree with you there.

But, everywhere in the whole world, straight people are both statistically speaking the vast, vast majority, and as a result amount to what can only be described as the 'cultural norm'. Gay (and others such as bi, trans etc) are always very small, oft-oppressed minorities even in developed and civilised countries.

So, yeah, but no.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's disgusting OP I hope the police take it seriously.