Options

It Crowd

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I just want the Internet Cat t-shirt that Roy was wearing! :D

Me too!!! I love his T-shirts - last week it was the ROFL one with Rolf Harris on it!
  • Options
    jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    The weakest episodes in series 3 had Roy as the main focus. Moss is the key!
  • Options
    BlocFFCBlocFFC Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really dissapointing again tonight. Everyone bar Richard Ayoade just dont seem to want to be there. The writers have become lazy.

Episode 1 was dire, episode 2 had a lot of potential but was too hit and miss and tonight was poor.

Series 2 and 3 were inspired, sadly I think the show has lost its spark.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    The office is meant to be in the basement isn't it, yet somehow in this episode it's filled with bright light. The gloominess is gone. :confused:

I thought so too, but then in the episode The Red Door, Moss cleans the windows and Richmond gets so freaked out by the natural light that he goes back into his cupboard. I think the window was quite high up though, so the office is sort of mainly below ground level but theres a bit of light coming through at the top.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so far this series seems to be more of a return to the series 1 not so funny. very disappointing after the highlights of 2 & 3. i think i laughed more at My Family which is not good!
  • Options
    jonno65jonno65 Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Me too!!! I love his T-shirts - last week it was the ROFL one with Rolf Harris on it!

Yep - I've bought that one. Noticed the 'Music I like' 'Music I used to like' Venn T-Shirt made an appearance again. Will be getting that one too.

Marks so far (out of 5)

Ep 1 (2)
    Ep 2 (5)
    Ep 3 (3.5)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thumbs down for last nights episode. After the genius of Street Countdown, I was very disappointed. :(

Still, next weeks might be really good.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow .. that sense of humour is a funny thing innit ?

thought last nights was the best one yet - laughed my arse off - actually, i should probably say i laughed my cleftal horizon off :)

great stuff.
  • Options
    justintimejustintime Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    This episode was too patchy and didn't seem to flow too well. Hope the 2nd half of the series improves.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    One small question - is it still supposed to have anything to do with IT?
    It was always supposed to have wider appeal than a series of IT in-jokes. It's more about the poor social skills of the kind of people who work in IT than IT itself.

I agree about this episode being poor. Although I rather liked Jen's singing voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow .. that sense of humour is a funny thing innit ?

thought last nights was the best one yet - laughed my arse off - actually, i should probably say i laughed my cleftal horizon off :)

great stuff.

I'm glad you feel this way, I was beginning to think I was alone.

Seriously though, I loved it last night..I don't think I stopped laughing. For me it was the best episode of S4, and I loved the previous 2 episodes.

Ayoade was understated and brilliant as always, Berry was epic as I'd expect, Parkinson was brilliant too (looked beautiful too, have to say) and O'Dowd was amazing and carried the episode well; "my arse is not a canvas!!" :p

So yeahh, loved it..and loved it some more :cool:
  • Options
    g_attrillg_attrill Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    I didn't think it was poor because of Roy's main role, it was poor because it started with the Spaceology and that never really came to anything. Is it supposed to be the start of a story arc, or just the pointless filler it looked like it was? It looked like three ideas crammed into one episode because they weren't good enough to fill a whole one.
  • Options
    OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    They need to have stories with them all together.
    So far it's been one story with one and one with another with a bit of tenuous linkage.
    It's not about the technology anymore and that was the funniest bit.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is now so bad they should move it to the BBC.

Even children would spot the creaky set-ups and cracker jokes.

I think for people who like BBC1-style "non-comedy" comedy only.
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the key, it's three unrelated storylines every week, much like Spaced which was over-rated I thought.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So yeahh, loved it..and loved it some more :cool:

I watched the exchange between roy and moss again this morning where roy told moss what had happened and still laughed out loud :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paper Doll wrote: »
    That's the key, it's three unrelated storylines every week, much like Spaced which was over-rated I thought.

Never!:eek:

I do agree though that this week ep was a tad dull for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    The episode itself wasn't great but I laughed out loud at the scene where Roy told Moss about what happened. Just the look on Moss's face followed by "And you think I'd find that funny?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    g_attrill wrote: »
    I didn't think it was poor because of Roy's main role, it was poor because it started with the Spaceology and that never really came to anything. Is it supposed to be the start of a story arc, or just the pointless filler it looked like it was? It looked like three ideas crammed into one episode because they weren't good enough to fill a whole one.

I understood it to be 2 things;

1) Primarily a dig at that 'cult' Tom Cruise is into..
    and 2) a significant part of Roy's plot.

Roy didn't want to go to the masseuse when Jen recommended it, which is when Douglas arrived with another Spaceology story. From how I understood it, Roy had that fascination with those stories (derived from Jen's "I noticed you've been coming down here a lot more often because of all the questions", *cut to Roy*), and when Douglas claimed he had his bad back sorted due to Spaceology, Roy was more inclined to try that..that didn't work, putting him in more pain, prompting him to actually go to the masseuse. So Douglas' conversion to Spaceology was sublte and significant part of Roy's narrative..

That's what how I understood it anyway, if any of that made any sense :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understood it to be 2 things;

1) Primarily a dig at that 'cult' Tom Cruise is into..
    and 2) a significant part of Roy's plot.

Roy didn't want to go to the masseuse when Jen recommended it, which is when Douglas arrived with another Spaceology story. From how I understood it, Roy had that fascination with those stories (derived from Jen's "I noticed you've been coming down here a lot more often because of all the questions", *cut to Roy*), and when Douglas claimed he had his bad back sorted due to Spaceology, Roy was more inclined to try that..that didn't work, putting him in more pain, prompting him to actually go to the masseuse. So Douglas' conversion to Spaceology was sublte and significant part of Roy's narrative..

That's what how I understood it anyway, if any of that made any sense :)

I thought Spaceology was meant to be like Cosmic Ordering...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CillaBlack wrote: »
    I thought Spaceology was meant to be like Cosmic Ordering...?

Yeah, it did..the whole Spaceology thing was a parody of how people (some might call such people gullible) easily believe what cults like this tell them, probably because it's what they want to believe..so Roy wanted to have his back problem sorted by the Spaceology, to avoid going to the masseuse..

There's quite a clever thought behind the whole Spaceology thing, IMO. :cool: Unless I've got it totally wrong :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Not a great episode, very weak script.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    This was the first episode I watched since TIC started (I watched one of the early eps, decided it was rubbish and never came back). I'm sad to say that it hasn't improved. One small question - is it still supposed to have anything to do with IT?

It never was. It's about The IT Crowd - i.e. the lives of the people who work in an IT department.

Porridge wasn't really about porridge, and Rising Damp wasn't about mildew either.

Anyhow, I thought this week's was decent, but not great. The ending seemed very abrupt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I fear that we may see the spaceologysts again...

An OK one-off joke about Scientology, Yes.

Prehaps one or two future references to it. Fine.

But I just KNOW it's going to keep rearing its head somewhere...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I thought so too, but then in the episode The Red Door, Moss cleans the windows and Richmond gets so freaked out by the natural light that he goes back into his cupboard. I think the window was quite high up though, so the office is sort of mainly below ground level but theres a bit of light coming through at the top.

I remember that (from it's good era!) but it wasn't ever as bright as it was in yesterday's episode, and that one tiny little window couldn't really account for how bright it was either.