Gamu more of an irritant than Weasel

124»

Comments

• neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaiya wrote: »
    In her VT before her audition:

"I want people to think.. oh the girl with the flower in her hair, she was great!"

Not arrogant at all then.

That certainly doesn't indicate arrogance. Of course she wanted people to think she was great. Why would anyone on a talent show not want that?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiofan wrote: »
    for gods sake what do you think veiled racism means, read this entire thread and and work it out. i think your winding me up

why not just answer the question? :confused:
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    why not just answer the question? :confused:
    Have you seen any racism on this thread? I'm just curious because this person keeps talking about it like it's the most obvious thing in the world and I'm feeling really :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen any racism on this thread? I'm just curious because this person keeps talking about it like it's the most obvious thing in the world and I'm feeling really :confused:

I have seen people bandy the word racism about with little justification. As to the poster you refer to, I see little point in beratting people for not understanding a term you use but refuse to explain it even when asked politely. :confused:

I don't know what the poster means by the term. To me it means racism that it hidden and thus by defintion is not glaringly obvious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen people bandy the word racism about with little justification. As to the poster you refer to, I see little point in beratting people for not understanding a term you use but refuse to explain it even when asked politely. :confused:

I don't know what the poster means by the term. To me it means racism that it hidden and thus by defintion is not glaringly obvious.
    I think the poster is winding people up. What I understand them to mean is that it's obvious there is hidden racism on this thread :rolleyes: I don't detect any racism, hidden or otherwise yet they still insist it's here and that I must be winding them up for not seeing it.

If they would just come out and clarify, instead of making silly comments, this whole thing would be cleared up in no time. It's because they refuse to do this that I'm convinced they are just stiring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I never understood what the was the big deal with that girl. I didn't even remember her audition or bootcamp. Was not expecting her to go through. I actually liked Keri more. But imo Cheryl put Katie and TreyC through because they were no threat to Cher. Gamu was 17 or 18 (not sure lol) and could win over the teens.

Your post starts well, then you slip into tyipical DS mode,
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Just watching Xtra Factor best and worst, have to say that had Gamu got through she would have grated on my last nerve.

Her cocky, overconfident and annoying performing style would have irritated folks in the same way as the Weasel.

Girl could sing though.

Couldn' t see what all the fuss was. I thought she was a bit agressive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member

Will just be the usuall, if you don't agree your racist
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her - thought she was twice the singer that Katie was, had more star quality than TreyC. I can understand why Cheryl put Cher and Rebecca through, Katie not so much. More surprised that Gamu didn't even get the wild card. A bad decision by Cheryl IMO.
    The fact that Gamu didn't even get the wild card when Simon and Nicole Scherzinger predicted her a potential winner, showed what poor judgment Cheryl had.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    imacd001 wrote: »
    Will just be the usuall, if you don't agree your racist

Yep, a form of moral cowardice to try to stop people from airing their views.

Far easier to use sloppy labels like racism than the debate the lack of merits of this warbler.
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Please tell me that wasn't the race card you just pulled out of your Y Fronts.
    Now the stupid card. Are you playing with a full deck?

brilliant! :D

For me, i have to say that i did find something irritating about her from the word go..
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    The fact that Gamu didn't even get the wild card when Simon and Nicole Scherzinger predicted her a potential winner, showed what poor judgment Cheryl had.

Yeah but tbf because of the immagration stuff she was never going through.

the thing with Gamu she was made a scapegoat for the show and Cheryl tbh.

The media portayed it that people were upset that katie was chose over her when it was not that at all.

people were upset katie got through full stop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching Xtra Factor best and worst, have to say that had Gamu got through she would have grated on my last nerve.

Her cocky, overconfident and annoying performing style would have irritated folks in the same way as the Weasel.

Girl could sing though.

Bit of a stupid thread tbh the show is over and the girl never got through so why mention her just because you hate her dont mean you need to make a hate thread its classed as bullying yo know

and dont give me you did not say anything mean, you made this thread so others could abuse her and that is out of order
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a stupid thread tbh the show is over and the girl never got through so why mention her just because you hate her dont mean you need to make a hate thread its classed as bullying yo know

and dont give me you did not say anything mean, you made this thread so others could abuse her and that is out of order
    Finding someone irritating is a far cry from hating them.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A hate thread? My goodness you have led a sheltered life.

ETA; if you feel that strongly then please feel free to report it to the mods and get it locked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,238
    Forum Member

Girl could sing though.
    I have to agree, a lot of people have said that Gamu would have won if she'd got through, but I don't believe that she would.

The reasons she's in the limelight are.. she first got attention from the media because of the mic auto tuning fiasco, then Cheryl didn't pick her and there was total uproar...oh, and the other problem regarding her mother, well it's certainly given her good media time and more opportunities, but I personally didn't think much of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I thought I'd join in this thread just so someone can get huffy and accuse me of veiled/racism. I like to give everyone a chance. ;)

Gamu the girl was OK, Gamu the singer never did anything for me. She was too full of vocal trills and truffles to appeal to me. Katie didn't do much for me, either, but Katie was likely a bit more entertaining throughout the live shows than Gamu might have been. Either/or. I'm pretty indifferent. (Dare I be indifferent to a person of some colour? I am not too sure!)

I was pretty damned effed off by all the screams and rants of racism when Katie got through over Gamu, though. As if.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the poster is winding people up. What I understand them to mean is that it's obvious there is hidden racism on this thread :rolleyes: I don't detect any racism, hidden or otherwise yet they still insist it's here and that I must be winding them up for not seeing it.

If they would just come out and clarify, instead of making silly comments, this whole thing would be cleared up in no time. It's because they refuse to do this that I'm convinced they are just stiring.

They won't come out and clarify anything because they would rather make snidey little digs to prove they are superior to you because THEY can see the racism and you can't and therefore they are so much cleverer than you.

Happens all the time on DS and it does my head in. if someone wants to make accusations of racism, just come straight out with it. Don't just make little comments about how obvious it is and anyone that can't see it just doesn't understand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that she was an illegal, lied about being in danger going home, all the fuss everyone made about her (because she was on x factor sniff sniff FFS) and now the temp reprieve she has to stay is EXACTLY what fuels racism

She should have been SENT HOME
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonsfab wrote: »
    The fact that she was an illegal, lied about being in danger going home, all the fuss everyone made about her (because she was on x factor sniff sniff FFS) and now the temp reprieve she has to stay is EXACTLY what fuels racism

She should have been SENT HOME

She wasn't an illegal immigrant. She and her family were here legally on a visa. When it wasn't renewed, they appealed against that decision, as they had a right to do, and the Borders Agency have agreed to re-examine it. Nothing has happened that's improper, so why should it fuel racism?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A hate thread? My goodness you have led a sheltered life.

ETA; if you feel that strongly then please feel free to report it to the mods and get it locked.

Why should i get it locked not my style i just did not see a thread needed of her especially when she never made it through.

maybe you were innocent in what ou say but you had to know others would say ignorant things like she should go home etc dont make for good reading my friend.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, I don't quite see how anyone could interpret her audition as one where she's overconfident and cocky, she was the exact opposite IMO.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gamu, like moon chin, was beyond over rated.

The whole gamu thing was an excuse to hate the Chavel Cole....but that's ok....
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Um, I don't quite see how anyone could interpret her audition as one where she's overconfident and cocky, she was the exact opposite IMO.

That's fine, your opinion is as valid as mine or anybody elses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do so agree. I thought that Gamu was a very arrogant young lady in her audition.
    I didn't much care for her voice either and was glad when Cheryl didn't pick her.
    Although she put her foot in it verbally and got into press bother, I always liked Katie as a singer and performer.