Cheryl was upset during final because she sacrificed Rebecca!

goroos1994goroos1994 Posts: 3,889
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She realized the mistake she made. She sacrificed Rebecca to get Cher in the finals. Then when Rebecca made it in and Cher didn't, she changed the song from "Single Ladies" to a more suitable song "Sweet Dreams". However, it was all too late to change the boring single.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl knew from the beginning that Cher had no chance of winning. She said a lot of times that she was not going to be everybody's cup of tea and that she wasn't competing etc etc. Cheryl is not dumb and knew Cher is not the typical x factor contestant.

Imo Cheryl sacrificed Rebecca for Matt. I noticed that Cheryl was rooting for Matt a lot and even did high fives with Dannii and the moment that she mouthed "wow" when Matt sang the first time. Why though? Because if Matt won than Dannii will most likely stay for another year. I'm positive that they wanted to give Dannii the ax for Nicole which is a threat for Cheryl.

At least that is the feeling that I got since like week 4 or 5. I kept noticing how Cheryl was favoring Matt and every time he got through she was extremely happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl knew from the beginning that Cher had no chance of winning. She said a lot of times that she was not going to be everybody's cup of tea and that she wasn't competing etc etc. Cheryl is not dumb and knew Cher is not the typical x factor contestant.

Imo Cheryl sacrificed Rebecca for Matt. I noticed that Cheryl was rooting for Matt a lot and even did high fives with Dannii and the moment that she mouthed "wow" when Matt sang the first time. Why though? Because if Matt won than Dannii will most likely stay for another year. I'm positive that they wanted to give Dannii the ax for Nicole which is a threat for Cheryl.

At least that is the feeling that I got since like week 4 or 5. I kept noticing how Cheryl was favoring Matt and every time he got through she was extremely happy.

I sort of agree with that. However, I don't think that was the reason that she wanted Dannii to stay. It was quite obvious this series that the two have started to really get along and become quite close friends unlike previous years so I think that she would prefer Dannii to stay than Nicole who will probably not get along with her. Although, your story may be more possible.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I think Cheryl might have been a bit gutted that this year's only chance at having a credible winner (Cherhovah) had just been eliminated. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are overthinking. As long as Cheryl got to wear pretty dresses and won over the crowd, she was happy. I personally don't understand these theories that Cheryl was obsessed with Nicole. I honestly can't imagine her thinking twice about her. It's not like her job is up for grabs.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most XF Winners have been the rightful winners imo.

I had Matt and Rebecca as the obvious final two from Auditions. Matt really jumped miles ahead of the competition and was the deserving winner. Cheryl would know this.

Although there there are judges and they have to mentor their given acts, it doesn't mean that ultimately all judges are in doubt about the eventual winner.

Just like Simon and Louis, Cheryl knew beyond a shadow of a doubt who was the Winner. ;)
  • RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goroos1994 wrote: »
    She realized the mistake she made. She sacrificed Rebecca to get Cher in the finals. Then when Rebecca made it in and Cher didn't, she changed the song from "Single Ladies" to a more suitable song "Sweet Dreams". However, it was all too late to change the boring single.

I'd love to know the real story about Cheryl and Rebecca but we probably never will. I do think that Cheryl resented her for whatever reason. She may have resented her being a producer's favourite and she may have been arrogant enough to think that she could force Cher upon us.

In fact, Cowell kept Cher in long after the public demanded she get the boot and Rebecca did reach the final as, I think, Cowell expected so Cheryl achieved absolutely nothing. She cannot take credit for Cher going far further than she should have done and she certainly cannot take credit for Rebecca reaching the final.

I could be wrong but I do think that Rebecca became something of a football and suffered through the tensions of the Cowell - Cole dynamic. I'd put this down to Cheryl's vanity and lack of intelligence, nothing more and as you allude to yourelf, I think Cheryl did feel bad and realise eventually that she had let Rebecca down a bit, long after it became obvious to everybody else.

I think Cheryl was the biggest loser in this year's show. I think her halo slipped more than a little bit and I doubt her reputation is as high behind the scenes as many would think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are possibly right. We don't know the extent to which the show is scripted. Things like the Cheryöl 'wow' comment are clearly scripted as the cameras seem to capture them too perfectly and it is a live broadcast so they're not being edited in. Cheryl did praise Matt very highly. If I were a mentor / judge, I would not go overboard on praising contestants other than my own, regardless of their talent, unless I was forced to and maybe that is what happens. I'm just a loyalty type of person and competitive but then we all have our price, we all need to work for a living and the X Factor is a pantomime so...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Rebecca never got the grief the other girls did for getting past judges houses, and so Cheryl was focused on getting the public to like Cher and Katie and she didn't think she'd have to bother much about Rebecca. It's funny how much work they put into those 2 girls and only Rebecca managed to avoid the sing-off every week... and she became more of a nations sweetheart than Cheryl ever was :p
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Rebecca had won the claims about it being fixed for Cheryl to win would have been endless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to be specific here on reactions etc. All live shows are not exactly that, there is about 1 minute - maybe more - delay between live and transmission on all these type of shows. It covers for something going horribly wrong, a performer getting violently ill/dying on stage, terrorists, F words etc etc. Easy for a good director to throw in that wow from Cheryl - they do have many cameras showing many angles. No, that was real imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's that unusual that Cheryl favoured Cher. She said herself she saw herself in Cher. Simon favoured One Direction over his other acts. Louis favoured Mary, and Dannii favoured Matt over her other boys. I don't think Dannii made a big effort with the songs for Paije anyway. Although I have to say, Dannii at least seemed to try and give all her acts attention.

Is it fair? not really but It's something all the judges did. I don't think Cheryl thought that Cher would win but you could see really cared about Cher and wanted her to do well. The judges like all of us seem to have their favourites.
  • willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the day, Cheryl only ever cares about herself.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why, but if you watch the final results, when Dermot leaves that pause to announce the winner, Cheryl looks really uncomfortable, she smiles a tiny bit to the camera with hesitation, she was probably thinking if she had given attention to Rebecca as much as she gave to Cher and Katie, she could have won.

She looks unhappy to me. :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Just to be specific here on reactions etc. All live shows are not exactly that, there is about 1 minute - maybe more - delay between live and transmission on all these type of shows. It covers for something going horribly wrong, a performer getting violently ill/dying on stage, terrorists, F words etc etc. Easy for a good director to throw in that wow from Cheryl - they do have many cameras showing many angles. No, that was real imo.

I was sat behind the centre camera at the second live show (you can see me when the lights come down) and there was a 'script' for camera shots on it (where to frame and where, dependent on the performance), so don't be so sure that it wasn't a planned 'wow' everyone (though I realise it is highly unlikely).
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I think people are reading too much into things in this instance. I think Cheryl felt more in her comfort zone with Cher and that's about it..
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sat behind the centre camera at the second live show (you can see me when the lights come down) and there was a 'script' for camera shots on it (where to frame and where, dependent on the performance), so don't be so sure that it wasn't a planned 'wow' everyone (though I realise it is highly unlikely).

Honestly i always thought the "wow" was planned and this is from a Matt fan!!!! after on xtra factor we heard about Cheryls "wow", everything about xfactor is planned and scripted and every year it gets more obvious and pathetic/cringy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had the only real winner and paid zero attention to her. Thank God she didn't get that hat trick :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    Honestly i always thought the "wow" was planned and this is from a Matt fan!!!! after on xtra factor we heard about Cheryls "wow", everything about xfactor is planned and scripted and every year it gets more obvious and pathetic/cringy.

I think it was planned and right on cue. There were lots of other examples wehich I'm struggling to recall right now where I thought it was really obvious. The camera tended to switch to the judges and right on cue there'd be a set piece moment, be it a look, a tear, an exchange or whatever. I agree, totally obvious and totally naff.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that anybody can slam Cheryl's mentoring of Rebecca.

If she really didn't like Rebecca or wanted to expose her, she'd have made Rebecca dance & do some uptempo numbers, and poor Rebecca would have literally fallen flat on her face.

All throughout the show, Cheryl kept Rebecca is her comfort zone to such an extend that you couldn't tell one performance from another.

Cheryl surely recognised Rebecca's limitations & focused entirely her major strength, her voice.

I really believe that Rebecca did well to come as high as she did, despite not being at all versatile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that anybody can slam Cheryl's mentoring of Rebecca.

If she really didn't like Rebecca or wanted to expose her, she'd have made Rebecca dance & do some uptempo numbers, and poor Rebecca would have literally fallen flat on her face.

All throughout the show, Cheryl kept Rebecca is her comfort zone to such an extend that you couldn't tell one performance from another.

Cheryl surely recognised Rebecca's limitations & focused entirely her major strength, her voice.

I really believe that Rebecca did well to come as high as she did, despite not being at all versatile.

Your obvious dislike for Rebecca kind of negates your contribution to this kind of thread but anyway...

How on earth could Cheryl have made her dance? Rebecca addressed the 'dancing' issue in interview and basically said that although she could dance (and we already knew that she'd actually been trained at stage school in dancing as well as singing) she did not see herself as that kind of singer and did not want dance to be part of her performance. Now that to me sounds like somebody with identity and integrity.

Also, how do you know that Cheryl didn't attempt to make her dance? It's possible she tried and got told to f**k off. Now that would account for a frostyness in the relationship.

Rebecca's limitations were few. Cheryl, as somebody who could only dream of owning a voice like Rebecca's, would be hard pressed to assess Rebecca's limitations. The irony would just be too much, even for a show like X Factor.

Cheryl may have thought she was keeping Rebecca in her comfort zone but for what reason? To protect her or to stop her from winning? Most on this forum agreed that she actually did as well if not better with the uptempo material she tackles in the later shows and in an interview around that time, Rebecca made clear that she'd had to push, argue and fight to get to do that stuff.

Again, Cheryl is herself so limited and unqualified, she would be on very iffy ground trying to judge others' comfort zones. She herself spreads herself thinly. She can dance a bit so dances. She can sing a bit so sings. She knew that Cher was no better than herself in both these departments but pushed her to do likewise. So, why would she enforce very high standards where Rebecca was concerned? How on earth could she assess Rebecca's limitations and comfort zone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your obvious dislike for Rebecca kind of negates your contribution to this kind of thread but anyway...

How on earth could Cheryl have made her dance? Rebecca addressed the 'dancing' issue in interview and basically said that although she could dance (and we already knew that she'd actually been trained at stage school in dancing as well as singing) she did not see herself as that kind of singer and did not want dance to be part of her performance. Now that to me sounds like somebody with identity and integrity.

Also, how do you know that Cheryl didn't attempt to make her dance? It's possible she tried and got told to f**k off. Now that would account for a frostyness in the relationship.

Rebecca's limitations were few. Cheryl, as somebody who could only dream of owning a voice like Rebecca's, would be hard pressed to assess Rebecca's limitations. The irony would just be too much, even for a show like X Factor.

Cheryl may have thought she was keeping Rebecca in her comfort zone but for what reason? To protect her or to stop her from winning? Most on this forum agreed that she actually did as well if not better with the uptempo material she tackles in the later shows and in an interview around that time, Rebecca made clear that she'd had to push, argue and fight to get to do that stuff.

Again, Cheryl is herself so limited and unqualified, she would be on very iffy ground trying to judge others' comfort zones. She herself spreads herself thinly. She can dance a bit so dances. She can sing a bit so sings. She knew that Cher was no better than herself in both these departments but pushed her to do likewise. So, why would she enforce very high standards where Rebecca was concerned? How on earth could she assess Rebecca's limitations and comfort zone?

I don't know about this illusion of Rebecca's uptempo songs being any different. It's still the same performace style. If you hit mute, you wouldn't be able to tell if it's an uptempo song or not.

Whether it's uptempo song or ballad, Rebecca did fine with all her songs. I don't understand why Cheryl is being blamed for getting her to 2nd place :confused: ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benami311 wrote: »
    I don't know about this illusion of Rebecca's uptempo songs being any different. It's still the same performace style. If you hit mute, you wouldn't be able to tell if it's an uptempo song or not.

Whether it's uptempo song or ballad, Rebecca did fine with all her songs. I don't understand why Cheryl is being blamed for getting her to 2nd place :confused: ?

If she was 1st it would have been fixed for Cheryl
    Because she was 2nd Cheryl didn't do a good enough job with her.

Typical DS :D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    If she was 1st it would have been fixed for Cheryl
    Because she was 2nd Cheryl didn't do a good enough job with her.

Typical DS :D;)

Stop telling it as it is please. That's just not on. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    Stop telling it as it is please. That's just not on. :mad:

Sorry :( I forgot my place. LOL

Let the conspiracy continue! :cool::D
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Rebecca probably was a bit short changed and that Cheryl was a bit obsesses with Cher but I don't think that was by design or that it would have made much difference if Cher hadn't been there in terms of song choices etc. I think that the programme
    had a view of Rebecca and just stuck with that in the main