Talksport Chat (Part 11)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan always seems to be making remarks about someone or other. It's hard to tell if he's just that kind of person who says it all innocently and in a joking way, or if he just likes to throw his weight around and verbally push people around like a big gorilla. I usually listen to some of his show at least, getting ready for work in the morning, but there are usually a guest or 2 on and some decent news flying about.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Few technological problems for Keys and Grey tonight.

people said that last week as well

maybe that'll be the normal service from the desert

I haven't listened to the K&G show on Friday night yet as the new R5 show with Dan Walker is pretty good..........your bog standard discussion of the issues in football but the guests get a good two hours to natter so they can spend a lot of time on each topic. Tonight it was Danny Mills and Chris Waddle, who are both good talkers..............
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Whether they are joking or not i can't say but i have to disagree with your comment
    about Colin seeming determined to pick a fight with Alan over access to the car park.
    From what i gathered Mr Brazil was the transgressor

Since Colin has started Alan has made jokes about him
    getting in early.
    Today he sneered that Colin would be
    bringing his 'bed in'.

Unlike Alan whatever anyone thinks about Colin he
    is serious about his work and likes to be properly
    prepared for his show.
    Arriving two hours early to do just that is commendable.

I know this is ironic as Colin's show lacks structure, but this
    is down to his unfortunate style and personality
    rather than a lack of show preparation.

I respect anyone that takes a professional approach
    to their work ( regardless of whether i enjoy their output)

Alan's constant jokes and snide comments about Colin
    I suppose are the result of someone that finds it hard
    to understand why someone might want to take pride in their work.

His jibes are not in the least bit amusing and only
    serve to show him in an extremely poor light.

This morning Colin mentioned something about Alan
    blocking access to the car park and 'picking on the new
    boy'.
    He said something along the lines that it was bullying
    etc
    A little later in the show he mentioned Alan
    having problems getting out of the car park .
    The inference being that he had met like with like

It was all said in a jocular way but maybe a shot across
    the bows ,and a warning, either real or metaphorically
    for Mr Brazil.
    That is typical of Brazil he cant be bothered to take pride in his work and thinks anyone who takes the time to research a show is an arselicker.

I also think Brazil is worried about his future at the station, this is the only reason he has upped his game.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,839
    Forum Member
    That is true.

Waddle certainly isn't somebody who sits on the fence.

K&G usually talk to a few people about the events of the week before having a long interview.

Last week it was David Platt and this week it was Mido (ex Spurs/Boro)
  • stormy-weathersstormy-weathers Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mallory99 wrote: »
    I think you've misunderstood me. Brazil is clearly taking the Michael and fair play to Murray for standing up to him

K&G is quite good despite the tech problems. Mido on now and is very articulate with strong opinions. The only downside is their constant bragging about the weather and how nice it is out there.

I apologise if i misunderstood you Mallory99.
    I'm not that keen on Keys and Gray so haven't
    heard their new show.
    Like Swingaleg i listen to Dan Walker as that's my
    preferred option.
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught the Kenny Sansom interview last night on the Stephen Nolan show on BBC Radio 5 and a finer example on how it can all go disastrously wrong for someone who catches the curse of alcoholism you couldn't find.
    Sansom had it all and has lost everything including his son, thankfully there is now a light ahead in the tunnel but he's gonna need an awful amount of self willpower and the determination to win through I hope he does it.

It's not Talkspowert but Venetian and others might want to hear it.
    http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/27063576/file.html

(clip link allow webpage to fully load - do not click anything that says "Download" it is not necessary - simply click the tiny white arrow in the centre of the orange circle just to the left of the Playbar and it will play automatically - you do not need to sign up to Zippyshare to listen to their audio files)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallory99 wrote: »
    Despite previous protestations I listened this AM. There was b*gger all else available on my other favourite stations so I gave it another go. Bob Mills and Perry Groves were pretty good. Both happy to challenge Murray and convention on the odd occasion.

Murray seems determined to pick a fight with Brazil over access to the car park. Seems odd as Brazil must be in the studio before most of the staff. and repeated that he isn't joking about putting Brazil's Lexus on bricks. He claims that Brazil keeps blocking the car park.

Unless Murray surrounds himself with minders it might be in his best interests not to let this argument over the car park escalate too much according to Irani's past testimony Big Al's upper body is as strong as a prize bull and he'd probably see diminutive Colin off with a quick bear-hug. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    That is typical of Brazil he cant be bothered to take pride in his work and thinks anyone who takes the time to research a show is an arselicker.

I also think Brazil is worried about his future at the station, this is the only reason he has upped his game.

Absolutely spot on the highlighted part mate (and the first bit btw) Big Al's definitely upped his act since Ronnie went, it can only be so they keep him on which would suggest if I'm honest he does intend to re-new his current contract later this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just listened to the first hour of the weekend breakfast show.
    An improvement on last week, back to a morning weekend show format.
    Georgie and Quinn not talking over each over as much and working better together.
    Lets hope it continues.
    I'm glad, as after last weeks poor weekend morning shows, I spent this week looking for an alternative weekend morning radio fix and found nothing.
  • old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Georgie and Quinn not talking over each over as much and working better together.
    Lets hope it continues.
    I'm glad, as after last weeks poor weekend morning shows, I spent this week looking for an alternative weekend morning radio fix and found nothing.

Its amazing how we all see things,I tuned in just after 7 30 and could only stomach 20 minutes there was someone else reviewing the fixtures and the 3 of them were all speaking over each other and as usual Quinn was the loudest culprit.To Quote an old TS line "not for me Beeky"
  • clayton_stclayton_st Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another nonsense quiz of the presenters at TS.
    The "Time Tunnel" for Georgina and Micky.
    Designed by the same jokers who gave us "the Voice of Doom" etc etc ..
    Then a caller rang in and said that Newcastle hadn't won a "domestic trophy" for 58 years to which bonehead Quinn chirps "Ah member it well the European Fairs Cup"
    The caller had to point out that European Cups weren't domestic trophies..
    Actually Geo n Mick are a good match in that both have the ideal faces for radio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    old oak wrote: »
    Its amazing how we all see things,I tuned in just after 7 30 and could only stomach 20 minutes there was someone else reviewing the fixtures and the 3 of them were all speaking over each other and as usual Quinn was the loudest culprit.To Quote an old TS line "not for me Beeky"

I know the part you mean and that is why I said 'not talking over each over as much'.
    But, the next hour got silly and it drifted back to a shouting match, I think I spoke too soon.
    The quiz thing was terrible.
    Enough for me now, off to watch sky f1 hd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Deleted whilst I check my facts.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Caught the Kenny Sansom interview last night on the Stephen Nolan show on BBC Radio 5 and a finer example on how it can all go disastrously wrong for someone who catches the curse of alcoholism you couldn't find.
    Sansom had it all and has lost everything including his son, thankfully there is now a light ahead in the tunnel but he's gonna need an awful amount of self willpower and the determination to win through I hope he does it.

It's not Talkspowert but Venetian and others might want to hear it.
    http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/27063576/file.html

(clip link allow webpage to fully load - do not click anything that says "Download" it is not necessary - simply click the tiny white arrow in the centre of the orange circle just to the left of the Playbar and it will play automatically - you do not need to sign up to Zippyshare to listen to their audio files)

Thanks for posting that Billy. Let us wish Kenny well with his ongoing struggle, it is not going to be easy.

I know you are not a great fan of the influx of foreign players into the Premier League but one thing in its favour is that since their arrival the level of health and fitness amongst our home-grown players has vastly improved, along with a sea-change in the culture of a club. Back in the 70s and 80s after a morning training session I would say that pretty much 60-70 of the team would move on to a pub/club and those still standing would go to a gambling club later in the day; it's what they did and sadly some fell by the wayside with alcohol and gambling problems. Things are different now, thankfully.

Otherwise, listening to (but not for much longer) Johnny Vaughan. I think I have missed the irony/p**ss-taking train, this is not for me:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old oak wrote: »

If Mick Quinn is on no matter what show or whatever time I just don't ever listen now because I really have gone right off the guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that Billy. Let us wish Kenny well with his ongoing struggle, it is not going to be easy.

I know you are not a great fan of the influx of foreign players into the Premier League but one thing in its favour is that since their arrival the level of health and fitness amongst our home-grown players has vastly improved, along with a sea-change in the culture of a club. Back in the 70s and 80s after a morning training session I would say that pretty much 60-70 of the team would move on to a pub/club and those still standing would go to a gambling club later in the day; it's what they did and sadly some fell by the wayside with alcohol and gambling problems. Things are different now, thankfully.

Otherwise, listening to (but not for much longer) Johnny Vaughan. I think I have missed the irony/p**ss-taking train, this is not for me:(

No your completely right Ven foreign involvement in our domestic game certainly has changed the old old tradition of how pro footballers behave and look after themselves now. I was listening to someone talking the other day on one media outlet and the person said it's not just improved players whilst their playing it's also changed how they conduct themselves after retiring. He said in the old days a lot of ex players soon got fat and very unfit after packing in because they had been used to the custom of heavy drinking sessions while they were playing, once they'd packed up the game they carried on with the same lifestyle but because they weren't playing any more and getting the exercise they very soon became overweight and unfit, modern players today if you look around stay fit and reasonably in-shape because it's become a habit to be like that, a habit they learnt while playing, it's a good point you have raised Ven.
    That aside I would still like a four foreign players a side rule introducing to protect up and coming home grown players futures and our international chances in the long term. :p
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he reads this forum (and unlike him I'm not a Twitterer) but on the off chance he sees this thread, I'd like to send my warm wishes to Bobby Gould and his family. Having heard him on The Sports Bar over the last few weeks, I know that he and his brother have been caring for their mother who has been very unwell for some time now. My parents, uncles and aunts have been in the same situation recently, so I have an understanding of what this is like and what they'll be going through. Bob's clearly a big hearted guy who is very close to his family and I'd like to wish him and them all the best.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the last hour of the phone-in with Stan

didn't here him lose the rag once ......
  • Reform FiveReform Five Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    Lets hope it continues.

Yes I though it was better too. I really like Bingham but she seems to be marmite on this forum but she is certainly controlling Quinn now like Oldroyd does with Campbell on Five Live.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Yes I though it was better too. I really like Bingham but she seems to be marmite on this forum but she is certainly controlling Quinn now like Oldroyd does with Campbell on Five Live.
    I don't dislike Bingham, infact I think she is very knowledgable on sporting topics, its her delivery I dont like, she does not come across very confident, then again Mikey Quinn can pull anyone down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    [...]Perhaps it needs time to settle in but I fear with Colin Murray at the helm, it is always going to degenerate into boys playtime.[...]
    It sadly will, and to paraphrase what I posted on TF, with Murray/Vaughan/Goldstein presenting, expect low rent Loaded magazine radio. And, Lord, we'll have James Brown as well. :rolleyes:

Presenters friends/Zoo format, never been a fan, too much input usually missing any actual good points, and with egos like Murray, it will always be about one thing.

Bits I have heard, BCM always a good listen (hey Brian), Bunce and Mills I will have time for, Sotherton if more airtime, Groves is Groves and harmless.

Interviews with Hoddle and others, how very K&G.:rolleyes:

But it is still the Colin Murray show and the 'Boo to a Ghost' was again an example of a mistake milked to death to the bemusement of later callers and listeners who cared not. Vaughan and Goldstein are in this Qunny elk. Quality presenters like DK know when that joke isn't funny anymore.

The show will be as good as its lowest common denominator and that is Murray and that is not very good. Still a "Grand show lads, grand show," from the Norn and off with a skip in his step, whilst the listeners are just bewildered how some passes any quality control.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    And for those concerned about Murray/Boozil parking err kerfuffle, Doug on TF has put it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5Bo5BA4f2W0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Tony from Widnes on the phone again this morning, three times this week I've heard him pontificating the same tired old reds are back mantra and I've not been listening to ts that much. He must be Quinny's only fan. liverbirds of a feather fly together an all that. Thankfully Georgie buggered him before he got into his stride.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carlos j wrote: »
    And for those concerned about Murray/Boozil parking err kerfuffle, Doug on TF has put it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5Bo5BA4f2W0

Good clips thanks for sharing Carlos it's about time someone at that station had the b@lls to stand up to Big Al and give it some back. :D
  • hiawathahiawatha Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday morning:
    Quinn and Georgina Bingles followed by the execrable Rushden and Glendenning.
    Who designated these as sports presenters on a "national sports station".
    Come back Mozz, this Liam character is a disaster.
    Presumably they call it a national station since their presenters do most of their shows sprawled at home via ISDN, hence they are all over the nation.
This discussion has been closed.