Worst Ever Series??

pinna65pinna65 Posts: 437
Forum Member
Do u think this is the worse series ever..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much, yep.

The panto is completely ott this year and the "talent" is lacking.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Last year was dire.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't know. It has its moments but it's been awful tonight. I think it's Simon who's getting worse tbh...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Talent wise it's rock bottom and there are times I wonder how my Saturdays have got some bad. That's why the judges have to be OTT with each other to create controversy because it's the only thing anyone is talking about. If this is the best talent we have in the country maybe the show has run it's course as a talent contest and we should all agree it's just a popcorn soap opera tv show from now on...
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think the talent is good, up there with XF5 but the judging and bias is appalling. It's the most frustrating series more because of woeful production decisions and obnoxious comments from Cowell and Walsh. I mean Paije on first again? All of Dannii's acts finished before the midway point? One Dimension on late again? :rolleyes: It could be such an amazing series if they left things flow naturally. The meddling is way OTT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    From the moment they didnt take through the best performer from the auditions it was just a failure really.
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Simon is just a bully these days.
  • Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually switched off before the end - got bored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britain is running out of good singers.
  • earnieearnie Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinna65 wrote: »
    It's simply become a media circus now.

To me that is all it is now :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teh-haz wrote: »
    Britain is running out of good singers who will demean themselves in public.

Fixed ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member

Did you not see X Factor 1?
    Watched it online over the summer and it was sooo bad I cannot believe Simon let any of them through. Even the winner, Steve, wouldn't get past auditions now.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not enjoying it, the Simon and Cheryl show is just bizare from the hysterical rent-a-mob, to the nastiness and unbelievable arrogence of Cheryl and her lapdog Simon, to the ridiculous praise for people who can't sing, etc.

The whole thing is just a farce.
  • muzz8muzz8 Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a rubbish theme.
    Elton is a bit old hat now & most of the acts hadnt heard of the songs before.
    Paije is my favourite but I fear for him this week ~ what an awful song choice.
    Aiden was absoluetly appallin ~ out of tune &... well just dreadful.
    Mary & Katie not much better and obvisouly time for Wagner to go noww.
    Thank God for Rebecca tonight.
    The running order was very odd tonight Dannii's acts were on & over so quik. And, once again, a Cheryl act didnt go first.
    I love the show but, yeah, it has got borin now.
  • jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Cowell seems to believe that the audience want pantomime. Do we?

They say in a democracy you get the leaders you deserve. Cowell is our leader! lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    paralax wrote: »
    I am not enjoying it, the Simon and Cheryl show is just bizare from the hysterical rent-a-mob, to the nastiness and unbelievable arrogence of Cheryl and her lapdog Simon, to the ridiculous praise for people who can't sing, etc.

The whole thing is just a farce.

It's true, that crowd gave much better performances when they did Big Brother eviction nights. Now they just seem out-of-place and overdone. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't know, last year was pretty dire, yet this is the first time I have watched one of these shows where the acts seem to be getting WORSE as the weeks go on.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's close. Series 5 peaked in the talent really. It has been pretty much downhill from there.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely not! I think it's tied second place with series 3 for the best series (series 5 obviously being the best)! The thing is with this year is that it's been running for 7 serieses now and people are seeing what effect it has on the music industry: They're almost coming into the competition with their own niche. Whilst Cher, Aiden, Rebecca etc haven't exactly the best vocals (compared to the likes of Leona, Rhydian), they're all distinctive and original whether you agree or not. One of the most interesting series' yet, methinks.
  • Winter004Winter004 Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the worst series. Last years X-Factor was dreadful, between Stacey who made me want to punch my TV, Olly and his dad dancing and Lloyd who had the get up and go of a card-board cut out, I detested it and stopped watching in the end. The theme this week was not good, the trouble with having the theme as an actual artist means its very limited. However, it was no worse than big band week which has featured in most of the other series. The main problem is it seems to have lost its focus. Earlier series were about the quality of the acts where as now it's too gimmicky with Simon has as much bite as a toothless tiger.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Not that bad. Not sure some of the vocal coaching or song choices is helping.

Rebecca is well up to standard - well up with Alex and she does some things better than Leona. With a bit of training and experimentation she could be very good. Matt is better than some male winners at his best. Cher is developing, and different and has a selling point and has produced a high standard some weeks.

One Direction seem like a visually right looking, if nonsinging, young boyband. Katie has some good songs in her , Cheryl doesn't find them most weeks except for her sing off songs.

Otherwise its pretty bland or bad or unsaleable,.

Wagner must be the worst singer ever - even allowing for Eoghan?