Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I completely forgot the New Jersey Reunion (Part 2) aired in the States last Thursday night so it was a nice little surprise.

Just a few things I want to point out about these episodes so far. They seem to be covering quite a lot in my opinion. The episodes seem to be packed with some good stuff - unlike the recent NY reunions where I thought a 3-parter was stretching it out a bit.

Melissa and Joe Gorga seem so redundant now. They have been all season. Talking sh*t about Teresa was probably all they offered to begin with. I did find it so phoney whenever Melissa tried to act as if everything was hunky dory between them now. Teresa isn't a good actress and it's obvious she and Joe Guidice keep quiet for the sake of it. Their emotionless faces during Melissa's ''heartfelt'' declarations of anguish for them says it all. I think even the twins called it out at one point.

Jim whipping out the folder of evidence was hilarious. Pointing out that Bobby is a famewh*re, meeting various Housewives at public events, potentially about to dump Nicole if she didn't sign her contract for the show etc. I thought Bobby's explanations for the photos was believable enough to be fair, but the real entertainment came out of Jim and Amber's smug attitudes in the so-called revelation.

Jim is clearly the Peter of New Jersey. He wants to hold a peach, a diamond, an apple, a something to make him a Housewife! :D

It was fun seeing the Teresa's compilation of clips from past seasons. Just more of a reminder that Teresa has been such an asset, not only to NJ but to the entire Real Housewives franchise overall. You can criticise her about her criminal activity all day long but there's no denying she hasn't been dull to watch. All of these clips seem pretty much like a ''best of'' farewell to a big character.

Then there was the Season 3 premiere of Vanderpump Rules. I didn't watch of Season 2, although I understand it gained a bigger fanbase and I got the general jist of storylines. Scheana got engaged, Kristen slept with Jax, Stassi bitch slapped Kristen, Tom hooked up with Ariana etc etc.

Well this episode was such a guilty pleasure. To put it in terms that Vanderpump Rules viewers would relate to - this show is like that one guy all your friends warn you about. You bang him because it's good at the time but you feel a little ashamed afterwards for having done it. But you know you'll go back for more! ... In fact, I felt itchy just watching this episode. Lisa doesn't want to serve crabs in the restaurant but her staff sleep around with each other so much the customers may just get them anyway! :D

What's sad is I'm around the same age as these people yet I cringe watching them. Kristen, for example, is now in her 30s and she's behaving like a 14 year old. It's embarrassing but so funny in a sad way...
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I was surprised when I looked up the Vanderpump Rules cast and found most of them to be in their late 20's to their mid-30's, I thought they were all at the most late 20's in the first season!
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't regularly watch Vanderpump Rules but in terms of guys Jax would probably on a physical level be my ideal man but from watching that show I find him totally repulsive.

Also I agree, its pathetic watching people on the wrong side of 25 behave how they are. Entertaining all the same haha.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the NJ reunion doing a farewell to Teresa? Isn't she filming already for season 7 I doubt this will be the last we see of Teresa.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved ATL last night... That is the show I love, real life issues and friendships. None of the fake drama BS.

Zero sympathy for Apollo here, having been through a similar situation myself I fully understand why Phaedra stayed away and why she kept her kids away.

I love me some Kandi but I did agree with Todd about giving things to kids.

Luckily there wasn't much Kenya and Nene in this episode so they were both bearable.

Cynthia is still amazing to look at, I just hope she engages her brain and doesn't give Peter any investment.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the NJ reunion this season. It's kind of sad seeing all the old clips of Teresa, she has changed a lot since S1/S2. Reports of her already filming S7 have been denied so who knows what's happening with the show and with the cast.

Vanderpump Rules had such a good season opener, can't believe the drama is already starting. :o I don't think it will top the brilliant 2nd season but I'm sure it will still be great this season.

Haven't watched ATL yet but will do later. I really don't get the hype about ATL, it's probably my least favorite out of all them.
  • Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    I'm loving the NJ reunion this season. It's kind of sad seeing all the old clips of Teresa, she has changed a lot since S1/S2. Reports of her already filming S7 have been denied so who knows what's happening with the show and with the cast.

Vanderpump Rules had such a good season opener, can't believe the drama is already starting. :o I don't think it will top the brilliant 2nd season but I'm sure it will still be great this season.

Haven't watched ATL yet but will do later. I really don't get the hype about ATL, it's probably my least favorite out of all them.

Agree with this! I don't know why its the most popular, its my least favourite too. However, I'm going to try to get into this new season...

Can't wait for NY to come back, glad they've kept on Ramona, it really wouldn't be the same without her!!

Watching the NJ part 2, its so hard to watch mainly for the kids... Love the twins and Amber though, they're so funny! For Season 7, if Tre goes Melissa should go too. Maybe have Dina back, I've enjoyed her. However, I would NOT have Jac back. She's a nut job! I'd have Amber, Nicole, Teresssa, New HW, Dina and Danielle's return!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did anyone ever watch Lisa Kudrow's show The Comeback. It aired in 2005 and was about an old sitcom actress making a comeback to a new sitcom, but filmed like we were seeing raw footage of a reality show crew filming her in the process.

It was axed after 1 season but gained a bit of cult following and made it's Season 2 premiere on HBO last night. The episode was about Valerie bringing together an inexperienced film crew following her make a pilot show - something she then can send to Andy Cohen to pitch a new show.

Anyway, it showed little clips of what the character, Valerie Cherish, has been up to in the past 9 years. One of them being she was cast as a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills. We see footage of her with Lisa Vanderpump in a restaurant. Lisa confronting Valerie about tabloid rumours - but Valerie being Valerie totally misunderstands the entire premise of the Housewives and constantly disrupts the filming by talking to the crew, wondering why everyone is trying to turn her into a villain. She storms off after saying it was ridiculous that they were making a Real Housewives of Beverly Hills considering none of the ladies actually live in Beverly Hills!

The whole thing reminded me a bit of Shannon from Orange County - where she sometimes didn't 'get' the whole thing, sometimes breaking the fourth wall and acknowledging the camera crew when things weren't going her way! :D
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Atlanta is on fire! This season is going to be great i can feel it :D

I thought Claudia was a full time HW and thought she would of been introduced but maybe its next week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Atlanta is on fire! This season is going to be great i can feel it :D

I thought Claudia was a full time HW and thought she would of been introduced but maybe its next week?

Back in Season 5, Porsha first appeared in Episode 3.
    So we should be seeing Claudia for the first time next week or the week after hopefully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah need Claudia to freshen the whole thing up a bit. As happy as I was to see it back I didn' t need the whole thing dedicated to those sketchy Nida-Parks family. No way was Phaedra 100% oblivious to what was happening even if she tries to make out like that was the case.

Also the contrast in behaviour on this compared to Miami, in Miami everyone and Adrianna herself admitted to being in the wrong for slapping Joanna even if Joanna chased her down a corridor but on ATL its all "Poor Porsha", she's stupid and that isn't something they should keep mollycoddling.

Like Cynthia without Nene she seems more liberated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah need Claudia to freshen the whole thing up a bit. As happy as I was to see it back I didn' t need the whole thing dedicated to those sketchy Nida-Parks family. No way was Phaedra 100% oblivious to what was happening even if she tries to make out like that was the case.

Also the contrast in behaviour on this compared to Miami, in Miami everyone and Adrianna herself admitted to being in the wrong for slapping Joanna even if Joanna chased her down a corridor but on ATL its all "Poor Porsha", she's stupid and that isn't something they should keep mollycoddling.

Like Cynthia without Nene she seems more liberated.

I wasn't buying Phaedra's story either, she has always been shady and it wouldn't surprise me if she had some knowing what was going on. Porsha was dumb this episode she is trying so hard to be relevant and i was with Kenya on this because if it was anyone else they would of been against Porsha but because its Kenya then they allow it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atlanta continues to be a hit in the ratings... 3.8 million (a 1.8 in the 18-49 demo) for the premiere.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had laptop issues so it was away being fixed for a week, haven't been able to get my Housewives fix, but its sorted now so I'm having a major catch-up! :D

I've got Part 1 and 2 of the NJ Reunion to watch, Vaderpump Rules, and of course the Atlanta premiere. I'm so excited that the ATL is back :D Going by the preview this season is going to slay, yet again.

I guess we all have different tastes, but for me, you cant beat Atlanta, its by far the best franchise. I literally go into withdrawals when a season finishes and I'm anticipating the next season before the Reunion is even over :blush: Its the one franchise that seems to go from strength to strength each season. I'm so ready for this new season, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Claudia brings to the show. I think she's going to be a great addition.

Oh and I have to mention the Beverly Hills trailer. It looks awesome, the new season looks trashtastic, but utterly brilliant trash lol Cant wait to see what Lisa Rinna and Eileen bring to the table. I'm just glad its back next week and we don't have to wait till Jan!

When does part 3 of the NJ Reunion air? this week I assume.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Part 3 of NJ airs tonight in the States.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Atlanta continues to be a hit in the ratings... 3.8 million (a 1.8 in the 18-49 demo) for the premiere.

That's an amazing rating for Bravo and mad for the housewives when you think that most other shows ratings in the franchise are falling.
    I totally get it though, as for me Atlanta is in a different league to the others. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, well almost all, but Atlanta always entertains.
    Gonna wait until Friday night to watch it though, then I can enjoy that and the last part of NJ with a glass of red. Then next week BH too,Bravo you really are spoiling us. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year :D
    Anyone watched the Euros Of Hollywood? Any good, as I was gonna give it a go.
    Also off topic and I did bang on about it last season, but is anyone watching Chrisley Knows Best? It's such a great little reality show, they're like The Kardashians, only likeable. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well thats NJ wrapped apparently Andy has said there are no plans on what the future holds for the NJ franchise and they are going to have a meeting to discuss where the show can go from here.

I think Bravo needs to think carefully with what they should do with the show because Teresa has been the centre of nearly every storyline of every season, conflict has always been directed at Teresa or somehow she gets dragged into one. Dina has made it clear she will not be back for another season. The Twins, Amber and Melissa can not hold this show on there own and bringing that dull Kathy woman back and loopy Jac is a big no no from me Kathy done nothing for 3 seasons and Jac that woman is unstable and i cant bare to watch her anymore lol.

So i think they need to do a complete re-cast and find new women/family and see what they bring OR and this properly sounds like a bad one but maybe.... take the show on Hiatus and wait for Teresa to come out of prison and see what and if anything can happen from there. NY took a dip in ratings but Teresa post prison life might prove interesting to some. What ever they decide they just need to think carefully on what direction New Jersey can go from here.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Well thats NJ wrapped apparently Andy has said there are no plans on what the future holds for the NJ franchise and they are going to have a meeting to discuss where the show can go from here.

I think Bravo needs to think carefully with what they should do with the show because Teresa has been the centre of nearly every storyline of every season, conflict has always been directed at Teresa or somehow she gets dragged into one. Dina has made it clear she will not be back for another season. The Twins, Amber and Melissa can not hold this show on there own and bringing that dull Kathy woman back and loopy Jac is a big no no from me Kathy done nothing for 3 seasons and Jac that woman is unstable and i cant bare to watch her anymore lol.

So i think they need to do a complete re-cast and find new women/family and see what they bring OR and this properly sounds like a bad one but maybe.... take the show on Hiatus and wait for Teresa to come out of prison and see what and if anything can happen from there. NY took a dip in ratings but Teresa post prison life might prove interesting to some. What ever they decide they just need to think carefully on what direction New Jersey can go from here.

I do like NJ for the most part and certainly don't watch it for Teresa but I don't see how it can last with The Twins, Amber, Jaq and Melissa. Even if they brought back Danielle, I think the ratings would be in the gutter.
    I don't know why they don't just axe it and head to another city. Doubt Bravo will do that though, as the ratings were a bit all over the place but still a lot better than a lot of the other shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think a complete recast would ever work. Season 5 of New York should've been a massive lesson - viewers don't like too much change. They can't relaunch a show with an entire new cast and still expect the same viewership or desire for it.

However, as Deadly_17 said, Teresa has been at the centre of New Jersey throughout its entire run so their next move needs to be carefully planned out. The only hope for me is still a Danielle return. Despite being unseen for over 4 years she's still been very prominent. She's possibly the most-mentioned past Housewife on all the shows - she's been referenced quite a bit. As her tagline said - you're either going to like her to hate her, there's no in between with her - but I think a lot of people would tune in regardless out of curiosity.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bringing Danielle back is the only way I can see NJ surviving.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Jersey can continue one of three ways ways, imo.

They can either continue with the twins, amber, 2 new wives and build the show from the ground again. They would need to cut all ties with the former cast.

An enitre recest. It could be successful with the right cast. However, again, they will have to cut all ties with the former cast and build it from the ground again.

Or they can bring back Danielle, Melissa, Jac, and then add 2 new wives that are already in their circle (and not someone that is on the takedown like previous seasons). Also, have Caroline, Kathy, and Rosie make appearances. Especially, the latter 2 because they always have fun scene's and it's interesting - not everyone has to be screaming or crying all the time. However, without Mel & Jac, what's the point in bringing Danielle back?

Atlanta's opening episode was good. Cynthia was the only one that didn't annoy me at all though. The others all made comments that annoyed me. I was particularly disappointed by Kandi for using the race card, it was completely inappropriate. She lost major cool points from me for acting like Porsha did no wrong. The only one to call it the way it was that day was Cynthia, her comparison to what it'd be like if it was someone else was on point too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree about Kandi, not only is this Apollo second offence its also large scale fraud, he deserves all that time and was lucky not to get even more. Him being black isn't relevant in my opinion. As for those who compare it to Joe in NJ, first off 2 different states and secondly Joe is likely being deported afterwards.

Also I was dissapointed in Kandi when I saw the set up Riley has, Riley seems a nice girl though still but as Todd said if kids have everything at that age how can they ever look forward to or be impressed by anything in the future, and I'm not saying have Riley live in squalor but that is like some penthouse she has going on.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teresa is central to NJ and she is the original and the queen bee. The show is about her th. I can't see NJ surviving without Tersa. It is is taking Vicki off OC.

I kinda got to admit, I agree with Kandi's comments. I felt sorry for Apollo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Teresa is central to NJ and she is the original and the queen bee. The show is about her th. I can't see NJ surviving without Tersa. It is is taking Vicki off OC.

I kinda got to admit, I agree with Kandi's comments. I felt sorry for Apollo.

I know, i know she's convicted now but it doesnt stop me from being a fan for me she is NJ from s2 onwards say it was all about Teresa Melissa came on and for 3 seasons went for her the same with Kathy, Caroline and Jacqueline all had to at some point point the finger at Teresa to get a storyline.

I think hiatus is risky but i think NJ would have more appeal after a break if Teresa is back as people will be interested in what her life will be like after prison. NY ratings dipped because of the major cast shake up and there was no storyline to reel people in. But i think Bravo will get S7 and try the hardest to get Teresa to film up until her sentencing but who knows lol.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm saving part 3 of the NJ Reunion and Atlanta for tomor. Its my Fri treat! and I'm SO looking forward to it haha :D

I don't mind saying though that I'm going to be quite sad to see the NJ Reunion end. Its without a doubt the end of an era for NJ. I just cant imagine the show without Tre, she is NJ to me, just as Vicki is to The OC. That's not to say Tre is why I watch NJ, she certainly isn't, but the show does axis around her so what RHONJ without Tre looks like, I have no idea. I'm not sure if she will be back even after she does her jail time. I really think Bravo will give her a spin-off when she's out.

Bringing back Jac certainly wont save the show. And without Tre, Melissa just seems played out (She's had zero input this season, and I've barely even noticed her at the Reunion- not that I'm complaining) If Danielle comes back (which Id love) then I think Jac and Melissa could work. I also like Amber so Id keep her as well. I've preferred her much more to the Twins this season.

Maybe a total recast could have a chance if they get it right, but I doubt it. Look at NYC. But if they were to do that then actually Id rather they just start over again in a new city with new women. Id love to see a fresh new franchise, but I'm not sure I see it happening. Either way, Season 7 of NJ is going to be a very different show. Bravo need to really think about what they are going to do with the show next, and hopefully get it right.