Dancing on Ice 2013 - The Finale - 10th March 2013 - 7pm - ITV1

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,883
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Matt v Beth v Luke

Bolero, showcase and favourite performance from the series IIRC

Not the final 3 most were expecting, but due to Gareth getting motion sickness and withdrawing it couldn't be helped

Not been the best series this year with the viewers falling away and their biggest draw leaving in week 1 and numerous other little things

I know this thread is early but thought what the hell it's the finale and it's more than likely 50/50 the show will be back next year given how poorly this series has performed

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mums who will be joining us tonight :)

Comments

• mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed this years series much better than last year which was dire much prefered the judges this year as well ashley and Jason have been my favourite plz get rid of Christine through:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt's skating last in the skating order .... quelle suprise, pimp spot ... lining up nicely for the 4 10s to outdo the previous two contestants' performances :rolleyes:

So Luke will probably be on first
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    Matt's skating last in the skating order .... quelle suprise, pimp spot ... lining up nicely for the 4 10s to outdo the previous two contestants' performances :rolleyes:

Couldn't have put it myself. Especially so the judges can keep reiterating just how wonderful he really is and how special and the best male ever and so on forgetting every other fab male they have had. I had a feeling they would pull that to try and manipulate it in his favour as much as possible.

I really hope Beth can do it tonight.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member

I knew he would be on last, really hope Beth wins tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Couldn't have put it myself. Especially so the judges can keep reiterating just how wonderful he really is and how special and the best male ever and so on forgetting every other fab male they have had. I had a feeling they would pull that to try and manipulate it in his favour as much as possible.

I really hope Beth can do it tonight.

yes, the manipulation of the casual viewer begins "this is our chosen one, we've saved the best till last, you WILL vote for him" :cool:
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everybody and thanks for the thread, richie :)

I've quite enjoyed the series, except for the unfortunate happenstance that the most unlikeable contestant is also the overall best skater and will almost certainly win it.

I had hoped to see Gareth beat Matt, but it wasn't to be . Now I just hope Beth somehow pulls off a miracle. :cool:
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

I've quite enjoyed the series, except for the unfortunate happenstance that the most unlikeable contestant is also the overall best skater and will almost certainly win it.

I had hoped to see Gareth beat Matt, but it wasn't to be . Now I just hope Beth somehow pulls off a miracle. :cool:

If someone is considered to be the overall best skater, surely they deserve to win the competition?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

:

but he's not the best skater .... he's the fastest and covers his lack of technical ability and proper skating moves with lots of "dancing", posturing and gurning ... but on actual technical ability and content Gareth and Beth are stronger .... even Luke does more technical content but unfortunately he doesn't have the performance/speed
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    but he's not the best skater .... he's the fastest and covers his lack of technical ability and proper skating moves with lots of "dancing", posturing and gurning ... but on actual technical ability and content Gareth and Beth are stronger .... even Luke does more technical content but unfortunately he doesn't have the performance/speed

But because the judges don't highlight his lack of technical ability and because Jason bangs on relentlessly about the other two finalists' lack of performance ability, the mainstream viewer and those tuning in only for the final will probably have the impression that Matt is the stronger competitor.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone is considered to be the overall best skater, surely they deserve to win the competition?

Probably. I'm just saying his arrogance and general unlikeability has spoiled the series for me personally, since it was fairly obvious from the start that he was 'the chosen one' and was bound to win it.

Still hoping TGBP will refuse to be manipulated and will vote for the technically superior Beth. She would be a worthy winner imo. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But because the judges don't highlight his lack of technical ability and because Jason bangs on relentlessly about the other two finalists' lack of performance ability, the mainstream viewer and those tuning in only for the final will probably have the impression that Matt is the stronger competitor.

very true ... it's like The Emperor's New Clothes
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think this smiley :rolleyes: will be on overtime rate tonight ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I think this smiley :rolleyes: will be on overtime rate tonight ;):D

:D

just looking at Matt's showdance pics is irritating me lol ... that whole Bugsy Malone jazzhands and gurning vibe I used to get with Hayley T ..... :rolleyes: ..... :D
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No such luck it looks like Beth is on first with Matt on last so serious manipulation tonight by the judges.

In the finals it used to be when there were the 2 boys and 1 girl it went boy, girl, boy to break it up and vice versa but hey I guess they need to make Matt look as brilliant as possible.

I just hope all the GBP get behind Beth tonight she needs the votes as the show is clearly manipulating against her.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a dilema tonight, I will be watching on the tv in the bedroom and I can't record one programme whilst I am watching another.....so, if I watch DOI from 7pm until 8pm, switch over to BBC1 and watch Call the Midwife, and then watch the 2nd part of DOI on ITV1 +1 I won't miss anything....right? :D
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    No such luck it looks like Beth is on first with Matt on last so serious manipulation tonight by the judges.

In the finals it used to be when there were the 2 boys and 1 girl it went boy, girl, boy to break it up and vice versa but hey I guess they need to make Matt look as brilliant as possible.

I just hope all the GBP get behind Beth tonight she needs the votes as the show is clearly manipulating against her.

Normally I don't vote but I will vote for Beth tonight. I don't like the way Matt is being shoved down our throats as the 'best skater'. He had the skating speed and performance skills at the start. He's had all this time to improve his posture and skating technique but for me is the least improved of all the finalists.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    I knew he would be on last, really hope Beth wins tonight.

It is so blatent isn't it. You can tell what they are going to do before they do it:rolleyes: Beth to win.

I may even vote tonight for the first time if they continue with this blatent favourtism throughout the show.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    amelie74 wrote: »
    Normally I don't vote but I will vote for Beth tonight. I don't like the way Matt is being shoved down our throats as the 'best skater'. He had the skating speed and performance skills at the start. He's had all this time to improve his posture and skating technique but for me is the least improved of all the finalists.

Snap amelie:D
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone! Early, aren't we? :D

Beth to win, but if Matt wins I won't complain (waits to be shot). :p

Matt's bolero will either be fantastic, or really, really bad judging by the hip-hop twist.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    I've got a dilema tonight, I will be watching on the tv in the bedroom and I can't record one programme whilst I am watching another.....so, if I watch DOI from 7pm until 8pm, switch over to BBC1 and watch Call the Midwife, and then watch the 2nd part of DOI on ITV1 +1 I won't miss anything....right? :D

If call The Midwife is on for an hour - yes, that's right ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might get shot down in flames for saying this, but I feel like after the shock exit of Pam on the first week, the Judges have been told to keep the stronger skater in the skate off no matter how bad they are, only Jason seems to have bucked the system by voting for the best performance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    If call The Midwife is on for an hour - yes, that's right ;)
    Thankyou Patti, I will just have to avoid this Forum and also Twitter until 10pm!
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Really hope Beth wins. If she does I can't wait to see the judges praising her to the high heavens and saying she was the best from the start, etc :rolleyes:
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all!

Thanks for the thread, Richie.

Have to agree with many on here and will be voting for Beth. Love watching her skate with such elegance and also like her quiet commitment, modesty, and lack of moaning. Cannot stand Matt with his arrogant attitude, the way he has been shoved down our throats, and feel he is being overpraised to the detriment of others