Potentially Massive spoilers for Episode 8 - The Last page of the script leaked

Comments

• Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you gonna have a bitter pill to swallow if this turns out to be true

It ain't gonna be true! If you've even seen a single episode of DW, then you must see that every single episode positively wipes the floor with this in terms of direction and dialogue.

The thing is, people want this to happen! But if it does, Moffat's rendition of it would be infinitely superior to the so-called leak.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not that bitter. The concept itself doesn't bother me. I liked Ten. And Donna. It would be a cold hearted fan indeed who didn't get some buzz out of the idea of them coming face to face with Eleven and Clara. I just don't think it sounds likely. Another thing...Ten using his Sonic in a defensive fashion like that? Doesn't ring true.
    And I think Moffat would write it better than this.
    But if it is I will hold my hands up, admit I was totally wrong and enjoy the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You seem quite invested in this leak being true Lydia. Anything you want to tell us?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read a lovely idea for a cliffhanger! The Doctor and Clara running from an alien, run into the TARDIS and hold the door closed but then realise its not their TARDIS. Pan around to reveal the (take your pick) Doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Having had a catch up, I take your point about typos - I've written scripts that contain them and they get missed. It happens. It's happened on some classic screenplays.

However, my issue is that it doesn't follow DW protocol when it comes to what they send out - redacted scripts that are watermarked with the individual's name on it. So there's next to no chance this comes from a crew member - or one of the cast contained.

It is a reasonably decent stab at writing a scene using the screenplay format, mostly correct, barring some omissions and mistakes (some of these Final Draft would correct) which have been pointed out before.

My money is on this being fake - if I'm wrong, then hey, I admit to be surprised that this went against the trend. I do give the writer credit for attempting something that's quite Moffat-y.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Just read a lovely idea for a cliffhanger! The Doctor and Clara running from an alien, run into the TARDIS and hold the door closed but then realise its not their TARDIS. Pan around to reveal the (take your pick) Doctor.

Sorry it's been done before. Sort of. Different PoV and both Doctors are 11. "First night", one of minisodes on the DVD/BD boxed sets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    Sorry it's been done before. Sort of. Different PoV and both Doctors are 11. "First night", one of minisodes on the DVD/BD boxed sets.

But I think having 11 accidently walk into 1's TARDIS in the series finale would have more impact than 11 walking into older 11's TARDIS in a DVD extra. I'd be willing to forgive Moffat for reusing the idea. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Other way round actually. Future Doctor and River into present Doctor's TARDIS. I wasn't saying it's a bad idea, so no intention to rain on your parade, so no need for the :rolleyes:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    Other way round actually. Future Doctor and River into present Doctor's TARDIS. I wasn't saying it's a bad idea, so no intention to rain on your parade, so no need for the :rolleyes:.

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    *shakes head sadly*
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    JCR's link at the bottom of the first page of this thread....which I mentioned a few posts ago...

thanks. I've tried that too and it doesn't seem to work either.
    Forum Member
    Can anyone upload the second page to their own picture account and re-post?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edward Russell ‏@edwardrussell
    Slightly amused by fake scripts circulating on the Internet!

Matthew Aspden ‏@GleeChord
    @edwardrussell That the 'Episode 8' one doing the rounds...lol

Edward Russell @edwardrussell
    @GleeChord yes - it's complete rubbish. But any sane person can see that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    HandsomeBB wrote: »

This is my conversation :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member

and this is relevant how?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and this is relevant how?

Ed Russell is the member of the DW production team who would have knocked on your door by now if it were true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Ed Russell is the member of the DW production team who would have knocked on your door by now if it were true.

My door? loool how many times? i havent posted this.

also wouldnt it be in their best interests to lie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My door? loool how many times? i havent posted this.

also wouldnt it be in their best interests to lie

This is getting very boring. It is fake. A member of the production team just called it 'rubbish'. Quit while you're ahead eh? Otherwise you risk looking a bit silly.
    Forum Member
    This is a thread started in January 2006 - which claimed to give away the ending to season 2.

It purports to show an extract from a 'leaked script' (sound familiar?) that revealed OMEGA to be the big bad of season 2.

Or, as Ember1 said (hilariously) at the time: "This would be the renound character "Omega" that everyone in the mainstream audience will be aware of?"

Ah, happy days.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from being obvious rubbish, who thinks anyone on the production team would leak the scripts on Twitter? They probably want to keep their jobs! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    This is a thread started in January 2006 - which claimed to give away the ending to season 2.

It purports to show an extract from a 'leaked script' (sound familiar?) that revealed OMEGA to be the big bad of season 2.

Or, as Ember1 said (hilariously) at the time: "This would be the renound character "Omega" that everyone in the mainstream audience will be aware of?"

Ah, happy days.

Blimey that effort is so awful it makes this attempt look almost Shakespearean!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from being obvious rubbish, who thinks anyone on the production team would leak the scripts on Twitter? They probably want to keep their jobs! :D

Exactly. What would they possibly get out of it? Selling it to a paper, I could understand. But uploading it to the Internet? Risk losing their jobs as well as ruin the surprise for the audience which they too are working hard to make, to get nothing for it.