Options

British Comedy Awards 2014

SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think it's next Saturday though I might be wrong. Who do we think will get recognition this year? And what about lifetime achievement? Harry Enfield? Paul Whitehouse? Hugh Laurie?

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Hope Toast wins a few awards. The series has been getting better and better.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want The Walshes to win , but no way in hell will it .
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Its on Wednesday 17th, up against the Apprentice interviews week.
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Its on Wednesday 17th, up against the Apprentice interviews week.

Why move it to a Wednesday? I thought it was always on a weekend?

Anyway here's hoping some recognition for Harry or Paul.

Actually Frank Skinner might be a possibility.
  • Options
    rammie96rammie96 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    The awards actually took place last night (Tuesday) - no idea why C4 has suddenly decided to show them a day late but it certainly removes almost all of the fun of the show for me.

Anything 'dangerous' or controversial will have been edited out or will be heavily trailed in advance so there will be no excitement in it.

Big disappointment that.
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    This used to be the highlight of the year. I've already seen who won what, so I won't be watching Nice one, Channel 4.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rammie96 wrote: »
    The awards actually took place last night (Tuesday) - no idea why C4 has suddenly decided to show them a day late but it certainly removes almost all of the fun of the show for me.

The utterance of the 'c' word twice during last year's ceremony may have had something to do with that.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    The utterance of the 'c' word twice during last year's ceremony may have had something to do with that.

Clunge? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Absolute joke.
    Anyone who plugged themselves in today knows who won what.
    Mind you, it's been a long time since this show has been relevant but another stupid decision by tv execs.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They apparently didn't even mention Rik Mayall or have any kind of posthumous recognition of him, so they can shove their awards up their mother's left nut.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    They apparently didn't even mention Rik Mayall or have any kind of posthumous recognition of him, so they can shove their awards up their mother's left nut.

Did Robin Williams?

Im aware he is not British but he has been an inspiration for so many and with the likes of Will Ferrell getting an award in 2013...Williams 100% deserves recognition :)
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »

Really? That's strange. If it was recorded yesterday, maybe tonight's broadcast will have some kind of montage.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice to see Harry Enfield there.

Does anyone know what the Iain Lee joke was about?
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »

I missed that one. What was said? :blush:
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I missed that one. What was said? :blush:

something about iain lee keeping hold of something and then Johnathan said it was a joke for the room, so must be something he's known for on the comedy circuit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope Plebs and The Job Lot win something,, they were by far my favourite stuff this year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    something about iain lee keeping hold of something and then Johnathan said it was a joke for the room, so must be something he's known for on the comedy circuit.

Wasn't that Stewart Lee keeping hold of a grudge? :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member

It was Stewart Lee, i think the joke was about him holding onto grudges, not sure what it was about but i do know he tends to mock other comedians in his stand up
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking at the nominees just now and nothing on it really tickled my funnybone. Hope The Last Leg does well. TV Comedy Actress is the most interesting category and it's already been and gone! All a bit samey otherwise.
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonathan Ross comes across as an utter sleaze in his chat show, but he's rather good in these awards dos. :cool:
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I hope Plebs and The Job Lot win something,, they were by far my favourite stuff this year

Doubt it very much, this is now a very much biased towards C4 type of comedy,and poorer for it in my opinion.When ITV did it it was done live and seemed to be full of spontaneity and anything could happen feeling.When you look at the quality of what went before and todays poor immitations.
    God they are even inserting gogglebox characters into it.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Hoping that The detectorists and Toast of London and Inside number 9 do well, delighted to see Katherine Parkinson win one. She is just as funny in real life :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That clip of Stewart Lee might partially explain what the 'grudge' comment meant. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i like Would i lie to you, one of my fave panel type shows
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Lee Mack??? WTF!! Such a consistently unfunny guy!!