Live Tour 2008

Comments

• SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    jacquiann wrote: »
    We've just got back from the SCD tour in Manchester & had a great time. I'm wondering whether to book tickets for DOI but worried about the line-up.
    I was a bit peeved Chris Parker (terrible dancer) was on the SCD tour but tbh it was a laugh. Tbh you don't mind one rubbish celeb for the contrast/fun factor but I think any more would be annoying, as other peeps have said after paying so much for tickets.

I enjoyed Chris Parker but somehow I don't think a really poor skater would be as much fun on the DOI tour.

I have still booked though because I think they will put the decent ones in, most of those in it last year were the ones who were pretty good.

A mate of mine has booked for the MEN in the past day or so and there were still some lower tier seats left on all four days, but judging by how it was set out last year they may well be side views at right angles to the end where the couples come out and the judges' table, we had them there last year and although it wasn't great for the entrance and exit it was OK when they were skating.

This year we have managed to get 109 which is directly opposite the judges etc. although the mixing desk might be there (it was for the SCD tour and I can't remember where it was for DOI tour last year). It does not block your view but you can see it in front of you (if you see what I mean).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    If anyones still looking for Birmingham tickets for the Saturday try the NIA website I got 4 lower tier tickets last night through them. :)
    Gets on hands & knees to pray Dans taking part :D
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzanne Shaw said on her local radio station she will be doing the live tour. Given that she was not supposed to say anything she might have talked herself out of the tour if she has upset ITV!.

I doubt the other female contestants are going to be best pleased and does this mean Chris and/or Gareth have also been invited?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Seaman's been announced for the tour. Doesn't say who his partner will be though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Claire Buckfield is back for this year aswell isn't she?
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire Buckfield is back for this year aswell isn't she?

Yeah she confirmed it tonight on Make Me A Star.
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzanne Shaw said on her local radio station she will be doing the live tour. Given that she was not supposed to say anything she might have talked herself out of the tour if she has upset ITV!.

I doubt the other female contestants are going to be best pleased and does this mean Chris and/or Gareth have also been invited?

I would imagine they've already approached the better skaters - Lisa was in it last tour even though she went out earlier than expected.
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am DISGUSTED!!!!! :mad:

emailed the tour operators and got this in reply:-

Hi,

I'm afraid that due to the availability of suitable venues, the tour will not be coming to Scotland this year.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Regards

Thomas Brook | Customer Service Manager

this is such a snub....and imo total bulls**t :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that Scotland is being snubbed.
    That means Newcastle is the nearest arena.
    That's shocking. I feel bad for the Scottish fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    I wish I had gone last year, but this year I've got my mom coming with me, and now my Nan wants to come :D I can't wait.
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now I know Clare & Suzanne, Kyran & Bonnie are in it I'm just waiting to hear if Chris will be, cos if so I'm going & Hubby can bloomin' tag along :p (he fancies Suzanne anyway so he can drool over her ;)).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gareth and suzanne were confirmed today...
    n no i dont think shed have pissed off itv, they'd be happy with any publicity and they clearly want her in it neway...
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    I think they would be more worried if Chris wins this year and hasn't signed for the tour. Only having one winner in Kyran, and possibly from this years Champion of Champions programme might not go down well with the promoters as having this years winner to add to the publicity of having that person on the tour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope chris does it, it would be a real pity if he wasnt regardless of what position he comes in...
    is alesha in the strictly tour?
    note to anyone going to see suzanne, she wont be doing the friday nights, this has been confirmed, as the program shes doing for virgin goes live every friday night...
    Forum Member
    I've booked some for 2L in row K. Is that lower tier? NIA's seat map is very poor :(
  • rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laur_od wrote: »
    i hope chris does it, it would be a real pity if he wasnt regardless of what position he comes in...
    is alesha in the strictly tour?
    note to anyone going to see suzanne, she wont be doing the friday nights, this has been confirmed, as the program shes doing for virgin goes live every friday night...

Glad i didnt book a friday then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surfie wrote: »
    I think they would be more worried if Chris wins this year and hasn't signed for the tour. Only having one winner in Kyran, and possibly from this years Champion of Champions programme might not go down well with the promoters as having this years winner to add to the publicity of having that person on the tour.

To be honest i really dont think it'll make any difference (publicity wise) if theres only one winner.
    On the SCD tour Darren Gough is the only winner taking part and they still managed to get a lot of publicity from it.
    I have a feeling if Suzanne or Gareth dont win then one of them will come second which will be high enough IMO. Either way they have a good line up so far so im sure they'll have no problem selling tour tickets.
  • Arnostae's MumArnostae's Mum Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm afraid that due to the availability of suitable venues, the tour will not be coming to Scotland this year.

Regards

That's ridiculous!!!

We held off booking tickets for Newcastle, as last year they announced Braehead quite some time after the initial venues. I contacted the organisers when the tour was originally announced and was told there may be more dates added.

This really is disgraceful.
  • emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    I've booked some for 2L in row K. Is that lower tier? NIA's seat map is very poor :(

That's very good :) It means Block 2 lower tier. I'm actually sat in B2LT on the 19th :D

Last year I sat row H in Block 3 LT and got a decent view so row K should be fine :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member

Hi,

Regards

This is alot of crap! To be Honest!!

There is lots of suitable venues. We have Breahead and the SECC in Glasgow, we also have murrayfield indoor ice arena in Edinburgh and at a push we even have the AEC in Aberdeen.

I booked tickets for Breahead last year and was waiting in Breahead Shopping Centre half an hour before doors opened and they cancelled it. Due to cast Sickness. Now they are snubbing scotland altogether.

This is just down to the we are not part of ITV thing!!
    Forum Member
    emj wrote: »
    That's very good :) It means Block 2 lower tier. I'm actually sat in B2LT on the 19th :D

Last year I sat row H in Block 3 LT and got a decent view so row K should be fine :)

I should think so for £40 :eek:
  • sw16sw16 Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete19 wrote: »
    This is alot of crap! To be Honest!!

There is lots of suitable venues. We have Breahead and the SECC in Glasgow, we also have murrayfield indoor ice arena in Edinburgh and at a push we even have the AEC in Aberdeen.

I booked tickets for Breahead last year and was waiting in Breahead Shopping Centre half an hour before doors opened and they cancelled it. Due to cast Sickness. Now they are snubbing scotland altogether.

This is just down to the we are not part of ITV thing!!

They can also build tempory rinks - i went to see Peter Pan on ice at the Royal exhibition centre in Edinburgh and that was on a tempory rink
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen the live show could someone tell me what actually happens?

Is is just a normal DOI show and you get to see the celebs doing one routine each and then there is a vote?

Do you they do the same routine at every show or is it changed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    My tickets for Birmingham arrived to day and I only booked last week. Can't wait now.
    Popmusicman the celebs from previous shows and this current series skate with the pro's doing routines. Last year Dan Whiston did his silks routine too which was brilliant. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never seen the live show could someone tell me what actually happens?

Is is just a normal DOI show and you get to see the celebs doing one routine each and then there is a vote?

Do you they do the same routine at every show or is it changed?

Last year, the celebs did two routines each - two 'rounds' - Jayne and Chris did five (It's A Kind of Magic, Imagine, These Boots Are Made For Walking (w/ensemble), Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend and Moondance), Mel and Fred did a Moulin Rouge style number, Matt and Kristina did a routine to Take That, Andrei and Susie did a routine to I Will Always Love You and Daniel Whiston did a silks routine to Angel. Not on the DVD, but on the tour, there was also a 'Wheels on Ice' thing which had two people whose names I can't spell off the top of my head and I don't have the programme to hand right now. EDIT: Alexei Sirota and Olga Loukina.

Two of the couples performed their Bolero and then the winner of that show was named.

And there was a big ensemble routine at the end to 'I'm So Excited'.

They did the same routines in every show although IIRC, Duncan and Maria changed one of their routines partway through the tour to one of the other routines they did on the show.