Best HTC phone??

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    moox wrote: »
    But it does appear (based on the two leaked ROMs for the Desire) that it must be close.

I am not sure ROMs leaking mean something is imminent. 2.1 ROMs for Hero have been leaking all year, and the official release is just rolling out now. If you are lucky with your network provider :(
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goomba wrote: »
    I am not sure ROMs leaking mean something is imminent. 2.1 ROMs for Hero have been leaking all year, and the official release is just rolling out now. If you are lucky with your network provider :(

The difference there is that the Hero went from 1.6? to 2.1 - a massive leap.

2.1 to 2.2 is not as significant - as the PR guy for HTC said.

I don't know how good the leaked Hero ROMs were, but the ones for the Desire are not far off release quality (IMO, so of course HTC could disagree)
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sister in law just got a wildfire from vodafone twitter deals

12m contact
    free phone
    600 mins
    3000 sms
    500mb Data

£30 a month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    moox wrote: »
    The difference there is that the Hero went from 1.6? to 2.1 - a massive leap.

2.1 to 2.2 is not as significant - as the PR guy for HTC said.

I don't know how good the leaked Hero ROMs were, but the ones for the Desire are not far off release quality (IMO, so of course HTC could disagree)

Fair point.

Hard to tell how close the ROMs were off from production ready when they first started leaking in December last year. They would have been much closer if not complete in March as they had 2.1 running at production quality on very similar hardware (Legend).

Lets hope they have learnt their lesson here, as their lack of timely support has somewhat put me off HTC.