Caffe LatteCaffe Latte Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    OMG! The demo is amazing!!!!!!!!! I wanna I wanna !!!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    Deeps123 wrote: »
    All we need is a date and price:D

2011. £239 install and £3 a month extra.
  • Options
    Forum Member

£199 :)

** Standard £40 installation costs apply.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If thats the price i'll be keeping the v+ boxes for a while!
  • Options
    timpotimpo Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that £199 for VIP customers and no other monthly charges? i noticed from the press release that it says £26.50 per month on top of a £199 charge for the box for XL customers, seems a bit steep if you ask me....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This bit's interesting: "* The service is launching with two tuners and will be updated with three tuners in early 2011."

I wonder if that means that early boxes will have two tuners, but they intend to put a third in later?

Also the "£26.50 per month for the XL TiVo package" would seem to be an increase of £3 per month (as previously predicted) on the current £23.50 for XL TV.

I'm going to wait for the inevitable offers myself. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Roooty wrote: »
    This bit's interesting: "* The service is launching with two tuners and will be updated with three tuners in early 2011."

I wonder if that means that early boxes will have two tuners, but they intend to put a third in later?

Also the "£26.50 per month for the XL TiVo package" would seem to be an increase of £3 per month (as previously predicted) on the current £23.50 for XL TV.

I'm going to wait for the inevitable offers myself. :)

According to cableforums it's 3 at launch but two supported by software. As someone pointed out the US TiVo boxes only have 2 tuners so it's probably a case of getting the third one integrated.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iwow, that's amazing, I have registered my interest now, and will be hopefully getting it as soon as it's released.
  • Options
    Caffe LatteCaffe Latte Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    goomba wrote: »
    ** Standard £40 installation costs apply.

Indeed! :D

:)
  • Options
    jpljpl Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Those prices fit in with Media Boys scoop the other day £199 standard charge, £40 instilation and £3 per month, Just ned to see if any of the discounted offers he mentioned are true
  • Options
    dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay. Having owned a series 1 and having used a Topfield, let's just say I'm not exactly bowled over. It's nice, but too expensive for me to consider switching. I never had to pay for my V+ when I got it way back at the start and I would be loathe to pay two hundred quid for a box I don't own. Or are you actually buying the device this time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dadioflex wrote: »
    Okay. Having owned a series 1 and having used a Topfield, let's just say I'm not exactly bowled over. It's nice, but too expensive for me to consider switching. I never had to pay for my V+ when I got it way back at the start and I would be loathe to pay two hundred quid for a box I don't own. Or are you actually buying the device this time?

I'm not trying to troll, but when it comes to owning your box what exactly is the benefit of owning your box other than when you move house as It's useless without a supply from Virgin (or is it)
    I'm genuinely keen to hear as I hear a lot of people mention it
  • Options
    dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get VM Tivo installed. That'll be 200 quid. I leave VM, here's you're Tivo back

I get VM Tivo installed. That'll be 200 quid. I leave VM, here's you're Tivo back

Get the picture? If I own the box I can get the service only for the 40 quid installation.

Oh, backwards search is a good idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jpl wrote: »
    I'm not trying to troll, but when it comes to owning your box what exactly is the benefit of owning your box other than when you move house as It's useless without a supply from Virgin (or is it)
    I'm genuinely keen to hear as I hear a lot of people mention it

I don't think its the benefit as such. its more the fact that it feels unnatural to be paying such a hefty up front fee for something that VM own and can charge for again.

A lot of people would have paid £150 for their V+. If they swap to Tivo then will pay £239 and have their V+ taken away. VM will then charge somebody else for the install of the V+.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's doing the voice over on the demo for the box?
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get the picture? If I own the box I can get the service only for the 40 quid installation.

Why would you leave if you planned on coming back??
  • Options
    Forum Member

No need to be a smart a*** get the picture!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think its the benefit as such. its more the fact that it feels unnatural to be paying such a hefty up front fee for something that VM own and can charge for again.

A lot of people would have paid £150 for their V+. If they swap to Tivo then will pay £239 and have their V+ taken away. VM will then charge somebody else for the install of the V+.

Thanks Goomba, I had an idea that that was it and it is fair enough, but I suppose the repairs work out a bit etc. depends on what you want from it. I can see situations where both could work out better.
    cheers
  • Options
    TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ek-ukek-uk Posts: 2,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A lot of that is just the same if you were signed up to another service though Goomba. For instance an early adopter of the Sky 1Tb would have paid £300 having already paid for earlier boxes. At the end of the day the boxes don't cost Virgin nothing and they will be looking to make a profit on them. Also the box isn't compulsory. People can choose if they want a 1Tb box with tivo or stick with their V+. For myself I want to see what the confirmed pricing is. I would rather not pay above the rumoured price for something that isn't fully functional yet. It would be nice if they allowed a self install to save £40 as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ek-uk wrote: »
    A lot of that is just the same if you were signed up to another service though Goomba. For instance an early adopter of the Sky 1Tb would have paid £300 having already paid for earlier boxes.

And of course the Sky box is theirs to do with what they want. My V+ is taken away from me. So not just the same at all.
  • Options
    GlenskiGlenski Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Who's doing the voice over on the demo for the box?

I believe it to be Marc Warren who also featured in the BBC's 'Hustle'.

Thank you

Glenn