I don't want Everest (too expensive)

Or Anglian Windows.

And I don't want to have the hard sales routine as I will chuck them out :D

Comments

• Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are in Dublin I can give you a great firm .
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this dilemma a few months ago and was told to use local firms, so I got several quotes and then got one from Everest, who came out nearly 3k cheaper. They didn't try any sales rubbish as I told them I didn't want any of that nonsense from the off and the service and windows have been excellent. So the moral of the story is don't judge a book by it's cover...or a window....
  • Options
    BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are in Somerset you should go with Abbey Windows. My Parents live there and have used them quite a few times and said it was the best service they have had. :)
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not Safe Style.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in Dorset by the way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    Not Safe Style.

Dunno about that, my parents used them with no issues. They were no good for me though as they didn't do the sash style windows that I wanted. They do an awful lot of that sales nonsense though, when any of them start that rubbish I tell them not to bother.
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A local firm with a good reputation without huge showrooms. Ask around, look at other local installations, talk to people.
    And not Safestyle, pushy salesmen and overpriced goods.
  • Options
    alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno about that, my parents used them with no issues. They were no good for me though as they didn't do the sash style windows that I wanted. They do an awful lot of that sales nonsense though, when any of them start that rubbish I tell them not to bother.

My mum had a really bad experience with them ... left her with a wobbly porch that shook everytime the door shut, and windows that let the wind through.
    quatro wrote: »
    A local firm with a good reputation without huge showrooms. Ask around, look at other local installations, talk to people.
    That too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Warmseal are excellent, and I've recommended them to others who've also had good reports - However, they only cover the Newcastle area - It is a minefield trying to find a good company - I would ask around people you trust locally, and find someone who's had the windows a good while, through a couple of winters, etc - Good luck :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alsmama wrote: »
    My mum had a really bad experience with them ... left her with a wobbly porch that shook everytime the door shut, and windows that let the wind through.

That too!

As with anything, some people will have had good experiences, others not so much.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anglian were crucified on BBC Watchdog last week, albeit it was because of extremely poor fitting of conservatories.

CR Smith are to be avoided. Turn up late, messy workers, bad workmanship
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Vienna windows based in Bournemouth. Small independant firm, very very nice to deal with, good work and a very good price - can't recommend them enough to be honest (and I don't work for them I promise - I just had lots of quotes and these were by far the nicest and cheapest - stay away from Apple by the way!) They also have a shop on Christchurch Road.
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quatro wrote: »
    I dunno about over priced.... I have a written quote from them, valid until next March....
    Front door, Patio door (w/cat flap), some brickwork and 8 additional windows... £1200, they did start at an amusing 22k tho ;)
    That said, I'd agree with the local firms for local jobs philosophy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coldseal windows