Why Has the Gay Marriage Issue Exploded ?

Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    treme wrote: »
    There is a larger percentage of declared gay people posting here than most people would encounter day to day.

And Gay Spy.

There are a greater percentage of Nottingham Forest fans here than I would encounter day to day too.

This site must be Nottingham Forest-centric then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    Let me consult my magic 8 ball for the answer to that........................................No.

:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a larger percentage of declared gay people posting here than most people would encounter day to day.

And Gay Spy.

so you know the sexuality of everyone you encounter?? Wow, amazing
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a greater percentage of Nottingham Forest fans here than I would encounter day to day too.

Indeed. :D
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member

And Gay Spy.

I don't see how you can say that without statistics to back up your argument. Got any?
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member

Are there? Never seen anything of them tbh.
    Forum Member
    Paul237 wrote: »
    I don't see how you can say that without statistics to back up your argument. Got any?

None.
    Forum Member
    None.

Then, with respect, I declare it nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have never had a "gaydar" as some people call it.

A friend of mine who I'd known for yonks asked me if it was ok to bring his boyfriend to my wedding. And I said "of course". Then it STILL took me about 3 days to go "Wait a minute..." :D

I guess we'd never been in a situation where it had come up.
    Forum Member
    Then, with respect, I declare it nonsense.

Fair enough. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost every Tory I've seen speak tonight in the Commons has said the same thing

"We need more time to consider the consequences"

No we don't. There are none. NEXT!

Indeed. Let's see how many blocking tactics the lords can conjure up.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Are there? Never seen anything of them tbh.

Yes, on the Forest discussion thread.

There also seem to be a lot of WWE, Leeds United, Splash, Doctor Who, Mad Men, women's tennis, and movie fans here in large concentrations.

More than I've ever encountered in everyday life.

Hmm, I wonder why that is. It's almost as though message boards seem to attract people specifically interested in topics and subjects discussed on them

It's all very strange.
    Forum Member

Do you know what "declared" means? It was in the post. It usually means posters saying something like, I dunno...

"I'm gay"
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I have never had a "gaydar" as some people call it.

A friend of mine who I'd known for yonks asked me if it was ok to bring his boyfriend to my wedding. And I said "of course". Then it STILL took me about 3 days to go "Wait a minute..." :D

I guess we'd never been in a situation where it had come up.

Exactly. I'm sure treme knows some gay people without even realising it. I daresay people are more open about their sexuality here than in the "real world', due to the anonymity it affords.

Though I'm not really sure what the amount of gay people on this forum has to do with this topic. Other than a disingenuous suggestion that the posts here in support aren't representative of the country as a whole.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused::confused::confused:

???? Bejebers! just how many pages back are you? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know what "declared" means? It was in the post. It usually means posters saying something like, I dunno...

"I'm gay"

Which you then compared to who you see everyday, so do people run up to you in the street and go 'I'm gay I'm gay'!!

Unfortunately people don't do that with me, so I have no idea if I encounter more gay people on DS then real life. Maybe I should make a sign, tell me your sexuality for free hugs, yeah, that would totally work :cool::cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was also wondering what all the confusion was about :confused: about the :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He is pages behind because his mummy told him it was nap time. He will catch up soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So IF this gets the vote tonight and then onto the house of freeloaders, when does it become law? What is the shortest time it can take?
    Forum Member
    Though I'm not really sure what the amount of gay people on this forum has to do with this topic. Other than a disingenuous suggestion that the posts here in support aren't representative of the country as a whole.

Whoa, hang on. I said that in a post referring specifically to a person being labelled a bigot, which on this forum, being as it is, is often rolled out far earlier than you might see off the forum. Nothing to do with support for the topic.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Very true.

I have noted that some of the posters who throw out accusations of bigotry are very bigoted themselves, especially against religion and about the views of others.

But then they've probably redefined the meaning of the word 'bigot'. Just as they are redefining other words.

(Bigot: a person who is intolerant, esp. regarding religion, politics or race. A person who is intolerant of the views of others)

Simple intolerance of bigotry is not, in actual fact, bigotry.
  • KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. I'm sure treme knows some gay people without even realising it. I daresay people are more open about their sexuality here than in the "real world', due to the anonymity it affords.

Which they might not be, but they're probably at least as representative as the average newspaper, with a highly self-selected group as their audience.
    Forum Member
    Which you then compared to who you see everyday, so do people run up to you in the street and go 'I'm gay I'm gay'!!

Unfortunately people don't do that with me, so I have no idea if I encounter more gay people on DS then real life. Maybe I should make a sign, tell me your sexuality for free hugs, yeah, that would totally work :cool::cool:

Aha, fair enough. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidMoe wrote: »
    Simple intolerance of bigotry is not, in actual fact, bigotry.

Agreed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just tuned back into BBC Parliament - Bloody hell they are still waffling on and on and on!

Get on with the vote!
This discussion has been closed.