• GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even i knew he owned Jessops :p
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    Everyone has camera mobile phones though?

makes it rather pointless then ..... since everyone who SoMe's already has a camera to take pics!
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Peter Jones is being such a misery tonight. Photo booths are a bit past their sell by date. So passé, but I do like these guys.
    Loved the shoe heel protectors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf! they getting offers! :eek:
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a box that takes photos is genius

in the 19th century
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell did they get an investment
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who needs these photo booths these days, when we have smart phones and tablets which can also upload to the net immediately? I don't understand why the dragons are so interested.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of cheeky chaps who would do well selling anything.

Even if everyone has a phone these days, if you put one of these in a nightclub, corporate event or at a festival then you would have enough idiots paying to have their photo taken.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    freeze like a king? :confused:
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    SueG wrote: »
    Who needs these photo booths these days, when we have smart phones and tablets which can also upload to the net immediately? I don't understand why the dragons are so interested.

Most of the Dragon's seem out of touch with the modern world. Peter Jones thinking Jessop's matters.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly what I thought, and could not believe a single one of the dragons did not point out that glaringly obvious fact.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    A couple of cheeky chaps who would do well selling anything.

Even if everyone has a phone these days, if you put one of these in a nightclub, corporate event or at a festival then you would have enough idiots paying to have their photo taken.

But nowhere near enough to make a profit. And only if mobile phones did not exist...

Their function is primarily for work/travel/business related photos, which is why most of them tend to be located in railway stations, shopping precincts etc.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because photo booths have become fashionable for use t events such as weddings
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    Everyone has camera mobile phones though?

Search for phone booth rental, you'll see where the market is
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »

We had one at the office Christmas party. It was very popular (to my amazement it has to be admitted).
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Meggings! :D:D:D

Max Wall got there first, about 50 yrs ago., & by the way you can get the high heel protectors for 99p delivered from E-Bay!:D
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The heel protectors are available from E-Bay for 99p delivered! & this thread should be in reality tv there the main thread is.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    We had one at the office Christmas party. It was very popular (to my amazement it has to be admitted).

Yup seeing them more and more.
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally they've got rid of the 'coming up next' segments at the beginning of the show.
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally they've got rid of the 'coming up next' segments at the beginning of the show.

No they haven't!

And neither have they got rid of the sob stories...less than 10 minutes in 'I had cancer'. Sorry to hear that, but how is that in any way related to a business pitch?

Also Evan Davies is clearly trying to shove more lame puns in than ever! Such as the 'lights out' one for the lightbulb guy :blush:

If Peter Jones says '...and that's the only reason I'm out' one more time too...
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »

But it's not even a booth. How do you control the background, or the height of the camera for shorter or taller people?

And the example they produced is the wrong spec for a passport photo (producing photo id is the only time I've used them).
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »
    But it's not even a booth. How do you control the background, or the height of the camera for shorter or taller people?

And the example they produced is the wrong spec for a passport photo (producing photo id is the only time I've used them).

I think you've missed the point. It's not meant to be for one person or for passports.. it's for group photos at social events. Here is an example of one in action:

https://twitter.com/_evee_westt_51/status/559680504417775616

Basically it's just a little "booth" people stand in.. the background is probably changed via a green screen.. you have your photo taken together and then you can share the photos on social media. That's all they are. It's a bit of fun not a proper photo booth for passports.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need more spectacular crash outs with long dramatic camera zooms ;-)
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see some NEW inventions not variations on existing products
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,020
    Forum Member
    Johnr wrote: »
    No they haven't!

And neither have they got rid of the sob stories...less than 10 minutes in 'I had cancer'. Sorry to hear that, but how is that in any way related to a business pitch?

Also Evan Davies is clearly trying to shove more lame puns in than ever! Such as the 'lights out' one for the lightbulb guy :blush:

If Peter Jones says '...and that's the only reason I'm out' one more time too...

The lady didn't randomly mention the fact she'd had cancer, it was in answer to Deborah's question about when she began trading. The lady said since 2006 and Deborah asked her about the profile of the business as it's a long time to be trading. And to be fair, the lady mentioned it matter of factly, didn't cry and try for sympathy, and moved on. I didn't see it as a sob story tbh.