Seven Days with the Jordans

PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
Forum Member
✭✭
"An insight into the lives of celebrity couples, beginning with ballroom dancers James and Ola Jordan ".

New series beginning tonight on ITVBe 10pm, Freeview Channel 26 .

Should be worth taking a look at .

Comments

• olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no thanks
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James has got his wish, then - they're a celebrity couple ...
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed the latest strictly mention from James is him having a dig at Kristina because she'd threatened to quit strictly and he's more or less says she was faking it because he thinks she had no intention of quitting strictly....Erm didn't Ola do exactly the same.....threaten to quit strictly when she believed she was being 'bullied' and she didn't quit either......nice bit of hypocrisy again from James there. Still it gets him in the tabloids and publicises this 'documentary'.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    They are on " This Morning" shortly speaking about their programme
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather watch something like this documentary, Dancing with Maria:
    http://time.com/3917423/maria-fux-ballerina-teacher/
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I noticed the latest strictly mention from James is him having a dig at Kristina because she'd threatened to quit strictly and he's more or less says she was faking it because he thinks she had no intention of quitting strictly....Erm didn't Ola do exactly the same.....threaten to quit strictly when she believed she was being 'bullied' and she didn't quit either......nice bit of hypocrisy again from James there. Still it gets him in the tabloids and publicises this 'documentary'.

Isn't he always having a dig at other pros? I wish his ramblings wouldn't get as much attention, he seems extremely bitter at times.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw a trailer for this and then the continuity announcer pronounced Ola's name as Oh-la. Without thinking, I automatically shouted at the TV "It's O-La, you daft bint".

Tess Daly has a lot to answer for. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Seven days of James Jordan "telling it like it is"'?

I'd rather boil my head in gorilla's urine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes! pot, kettle and black all spring to my mind

wish he would just wind his neck in and shut the f**k up for once

but then again if he isnt bitching about someone then he isnt in the spotlight is he - desperate, pathetic, vile man
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't he always having a dig at other pros? I wish his ramblings wouldn't get as much attention, he seems extremely bitter at times.
    olivej wrote: »
    yes! pot, kettle and black all spring to my mind

wish he would just wind his neck in and shut the f**k up for once

but then again if he isnt bitching about someone then he isnt in the spotlight is he - desperate, pathetic, vile man

It's mainly Kevin and Karen who come under his fire - we all have our opinions on who leaked the 'bullying' story to the tabloids. He also openly gloated on Twitter when they had to wind their tour down due to poor ticket sales....nevermind the fact that he and Ola have never been able to get backing for their own tour...so it made him laughing at their misfortune even more absurd and nasty.

Oh and another example of his hypocrisy and having a dig at another pro is when he criticised Aliona for her 'attitude' to Gregg.....nevermind the fact that all the female pros clearly didn't want to be paired with him and during the lead up to strictly last year he and Ola were whining to the tabloids that the producers would give her a 'duffer'.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »
    I just saw a trailer for this and then the continuity announcer pronounced Ola's name as Oh-la. Without thinking, I automatically shouted at the TV "It's O-La, you daft bint".

Sometimes I think she - Tess - does it deliberately to wind Ola up. I mean, how difficult can it be for her to learn to pronounce such a simple name properly!

Ola should consider using her real name - Aleksandra Grabowska - which would really give Tess something to think about!
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit that when I see Ola's name written down, I do have to think consciously about how I read it. I tend to read it instinctively as Oh, rather than O, even though I know better. I always correct myself when I get it wrong, though! I suppose there isn't always time on live television to stop and remind yourself that her name is pronounced Olla, not Ohla. Perhaps the autocue ought to say Ola [Olla] to remind Tess of the correct pronunciation.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reality tv break relationships. Bad move James and Ola. Surely James can find another way to make money while Ola will be competing ?

I've seen it happen times and times again :(
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My on-screen TV Guide bills them as "Strictly Come Dancing's best loved couple"!

Really?

:D:D:D:D

I think I'm going to catch up on this week's episode of "Humans" instead....
  • MaggieMcGeeMaggieMcGee Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Sometimes I think she - Tess - does it deliberately to wind Ola up. I mean, how difficult can it be for her to learn to pronounce such a simple name properly!

Ola should consider using her real name - Aleksandra Grabowska - which would really give Tess something to think about!
    :D

I'd like to hear Tess try.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »

:D

I'd like to hear Tess try.

Me too! :D

My name used to be Alexandra and it often used to get misspelt and mispronounced as Alexander. It used to drive me up the wall. I changed it by deed poll when I was 18 so I don't have that problem any more.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see Ola fit and up and about again . They certainly seem to have a good relationship .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My on-screen TV Guide bills them as "Strictly Come Dancing's best loved couple"!

Really?

:D:D:D:D

I think I'm going to catch up on this week's episode of "Humans" instead....

in their minds - maybe......
  • fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Nice to see Ola fit and up and about again . They certainly seem to have a good relationship .

I thought they came across really well. Nice to see a happily married couple.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I must admit that when I see Ola's name written down, I do have to think consciously about how I read it. I tend to read it instinctively as Oh, rather than O, even though I know better. I always correct myself when I get it wrong, though! I suppose there isn't always time on live television to stop and remind yourself that her name is pronounced Olla, not Ohla. Perhaps the autocue ought to say Ola [Olla] to remind Tess of the correct pronunciation.

That would be true enough for the first few times Ola appeared, but hardly an excuse after all the years Ola has she been on the show. I bet if one of the dancers (pro or celeb) or judges kept calling her Teas instead of Tess, she would soon put them right!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole thing seemed a bit desperate - like the Jordans were trying to convince us that they were interesting, entertaining and deserved a series of their own! Unfortunately, there was nothing in their '7 days' that hasn't been seen many times before in these 'fly on the wall' things.

I found it odd that we were told that the Jordans' income had taken a hit due to Ola's injury, yet we then saw them hiring bouncy castles and other play equipment for the kids, then Ola was shown buying James an expensive watch!
  • bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy might be a bit of a rear opening, but always liked his dancing. Seems to adore Ola. Loved their house.
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's mainly Kevin and Karen who come under his fire - we all have our opinions on who leaked the 'bullying' story to the tabloids. He also openly gloated on Twitter when they had to wind their tour down due to poor ticket sales....nevermind the fact that he and Ola have never been able to get backing for their own tour...so it made him laughing at their misfortune even more absurd and nasty.

Oh and another example of his hypocrisy and having a dig at another pro is when he criticised Aliona for her 'attitude' to Gregg.....nevermind the fact that all the female pros clearly didn't want to be paired with him and during the lead up to strictly last year he and Ola were whining to the tabloids that the producers would give her a 'duffer'.

I didn't know Kevin and Karen even had a tour! I would have gone to see them if I knew... :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    I didn't know Kevin and Karen even had a tour! I would have gone to see them if I knew... :/

It wasn't 'strictly' :p ;-) their own tour. There were a number of other acts with various dance styles on the tour but they were billed as one of the star acts - my memory of reading about it on here is hazy but I think played it ok in London - it's just they couldn't get the sales for a successful tour in various venues across the country - hence James gloating on Twitter when the organisers had to cut the tour short last year.

I think some people said the failure might have been down to the lack of promotion and mixing traditional dance styles such as Latin with street dance just wouldn't have appealed to some strictly fans who'd prefer to see a more traditional ballroom based show......at least K and K gave something different a go - I'm not a big fan of either of them tbh but I don't mind them and I don't get all the stick Kevin gets....perhaps now they've been on strictly longer they could team up with Joanne and get backing with something that will appeal more to strictly fans.
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »

Oh that does wind me up too >:(think it is really disrespectful of Tess, especially when everybody else can manage to get her name right.