✭✭✭
    27 and rap version 63 on iTunes
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    karlsberg wrote: »
    Hope it enters the chart

As other people have said already Aleesha has chosen it to be chart ineligible. So it doesn't matter how well she does, it won't make it
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though its not chart eligible i'm happy its doing well so far and sells well enough so Alesha can keep releasing music through her own label.
  • Options
    speedyboispeedyboi Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    As other people have said already Aleesha has chosen it to be chart ineligible. So it doesn't matter how well she does, it won't make it

How on earth do you "chose" to make a track chart ineligible?
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    speedyboi wrote: »
    How on earth do you "chose" to make a track chart ineligible?

I'm guessing she's told the Official Charts Company not to count it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I'm guessing she's told the Official Charts Company not to count it.

The job of the OCC is to compile a chart of the most popular tracks in the UK, not of the most popular tracks by artists that tell the OCC they would like the be included on the chart. Surely the OCC will count it whether the artist wants it counted or not? Otherwise it makes s complete mockery of the chart and what it actually represents.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    The job of the OCC is to compile a chart of the most popular tracks in the UK, not of the most popular tracks by artists that tell the OCC they would like the be included on the chart. Surely the OCC will count it whether the artist wants it counted or not? Otherwise it makes s complete mockery of the chart and what it actually represents.

All tracks need to be registered in order to be tracked by the OCC, they don't just track everything regardless. There is more info on it here...
    http://www.officialcharts.com/getting-into-the-charts/registering-a-release/

To be honest it doesn't look like a case of Alesha saying 'don't count it', she just hasn't registered it.
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though its not chart eligible i'm happy its doing well so far and sells well enough so Alesha can keep releasing music through her own label.

But it isn't doing that well, it hasn't even cracked top 20 and britney has pulled ahead of her on iTunes she will be lucky for a top 30 hit though I think it's unlikely, best she can hope for is a top 40 hit.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we've moved on from buzz singles to "chart ineligible" singles...where is this madness going to end?!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    All tracks need to be registered in order to be tracked by the OCC, they don't just track everything regardless. There is more info on it here...
    http://www.officialcharts.com/getting-into-the-charts/registering-a-release/

To be honest it doesn't look like a case of Alesha saying 'don't count it', she just hasn't registered it.

Thanks for answering, an interesting link which explains how Alesha can "chose" to be chart ineligible. I would have thought though that the track would have been registered with OCC weeks if not months ago?. I see Alesha is on a small independent label, Precious Stone Records. Perhaps they didn't know either and therefore simply didn't register it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering, an interesting link which explains how Alesha can "chose" to be chart ineligible. I would have thought though that the track would have been registered with OCC weeks if not months ago?. I see Alesha is on a small independent label, Precious Stone Records. Perhaps they didn't know either and therefore simply didn't register it!

Precious Stone Records is Alesha's own label.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only possible reason for not wanting an era defined by chart placings is not thinking those placings would be good. If the singles were all capable of being #1's then she'd love that. She chickened out. Simple as that. Quite rightly, it's an awful, dated song. Shame, because I really like Alesha and her old music, but the charts have moved on and this kind of song just it's relevant anymore. If this had been released in the late 00's it would have fit in but not now. For someone who hasn't released any new music in years she's shown absolutely no progress.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    The only possible reason for not wanting an era defined by chart placings is not thinking those placings would be good. If the singles were all capable of being #1's then she'd love that. She chickened out. Simple as that. Quite rightly, it's an awful, dated song. Shame, because I really like Alesha and her old music, but the charts have moved on and this kind of song just it's relevant anymore. If this had been released in the late 00's it would have fit in but not now. For someone who hasn't released any new music in years she's shown absolutely no progress.

I agree. And I'm a Alesha fan! Her 2nd single needs growth if she wants a successful album
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can kind of see the logic of making it chart illegible. I think Alesha is more concerned with selling her album rather than the singles
  • Options
    DelicateKittenDelicateKitten Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video to this song is awful. So cheap and late 90's/early 2000's.
    She could have done it so much better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Way We Are charted at #33 on the Vodafone Big Top 40.
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow can't believe the song didn't even chart in the top 100, that's a massive kick in the teeth for her as it's an alright enough song compared to a lot of crap that makes it In the charts
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow can't believe the song didn't even chart in the top 100, that's a massive kick in the teeth for her as it's an alright enough song compared to a lot of crap that makes it In the charts

It wasn't chart eligible.