Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait for all haters comment including fugitve:D.

EastEnders slides back down to 5million. :D
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    UK plans to privatise Channel 4 come back into view - Financial Times reports:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/46326786-2178-11e5-ab0f-6bb9974f25d0.html#axzz3eqP2Ll7Q
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 lost £12.9m in its final nine months of ownership under Richard Desmond’s Northern & Shell, after suffering an advertising dispute with Omnicom and the poor performance of US soap Dallas.

The broadcaster posted the operating loss in the nine months to the end of September 2014, compared to a £32.4m operating profit in the previous full year.

Revenue stood at £239.9m in these nine months, compared to £361.6m in the whole of 2013. The company pointed out that the fourth quarter was generally its strongest advertising period.

Viacom, which completed its acquisition of the free-to-air channel on 10 September 2014, has brought Channel 5’s results into line with its own, meaning that the results released this week only account for nine months rather than twelve.

C5 was hit by a £18.1m programming write down during the period, largely related to its acquisition of updated version of Warner Bros-distributed US drama Dallas. After C5 aired two series, the third run was moved from its 10pm slot to a midnight slot following a poor ratings performance.

http://m.broadcastnow.co.uk/5090063.article
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Island - 0.39m (2.5%)

Down by 0.11m but an almost identical share to Wednesday's episode (-0.1%)
    If this is to come back, it would be ideal for ITV Be, as 300-500k viewers would be good news for them and I'd imagine most LI viewers are young women.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hyperstarsponge was right about love island it full of shite. I was in the living room and saw an episode I had no choice because my sisters was watching and I wanted to rip my eyes out my god it was so terrible,crap and cheap it's an insult.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    If this is to come back, it would be ideal for ITV Be, as 300-500k viewers would be good news for them and I'd imagine most LI viewers are young women.
    The should just axe it. It full of crap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ITV outline their ratings expectations for the Rugby World Cup in a special infographic for potential advertisers:

http://www.itvmedia.co.uk/files/3214/3574/5512/ITV-RWC-A4-Infographic-Landscape.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We can add shaky camerawork, dodgy sound quality and ultimately clueless producers to the ever growing list of things wrong with the BBC's ratings disaster Derbyshire.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/mediamonkeyblog/2015/jul/03/victoria-derbyshire-bbc2-news-show-skype-coverage
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    EastEnders slides back down to 5million. :D

Must be all those Southerners stuck in Operation stack.
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad decision to shift Heather Watson to BBC Two. Just took the second set and potentially could cause an upset here! Probably would've produced a much bigger rating on BBC One.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    We can add shaky camerawork, dodgy sound quality and ultimately clueless producers to the ever growing list of things wrong with the BBC's ratings disaster Derbyshire.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/mediamonkeyblog/2015/jul/03/victoria-derbyshire-bbc2-news-show-skype-coverage

According to The Sun today it's been plodding along with 39,000 viewers which is smaller than most local news programmes.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    burbe wrote: »
    Bad decision to shift Heather Watson to BBC Two. Just took the second set and potentially could cause an upset here! Probably would've produced a much bigger rating on BBC One.

In my mind it's the right thing to do - there's no point tearing up schedules when everyone can get BBC Two. But, at the same time, I have doubts whether they would have moved an Andy Murray match.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree but as always it causes problems when they move the news
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've no idea.

Ben Fogle's New Lives in the Wild will definitely be at 9pm and that's a 4 episode run, so I can't see CBB starting before w/c 17th August.

Thanks. :) So about a month's break then. Part of me thinks they should have started the civilian series around the usual time, have the break and start the Celebrity series slightly later, more September than August.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hyperstarsponge was right about love island it full of shite. I was in the living room and saw an episode I had no choice because my sisters was watching and I wanted to rip my eyes out my god it was so terrible,crap and cheap it's an insult.
    The original was the same, sleazy, low brow rubbish with zelebs in between dossing around a swimming pool and moaning, would occasionally try to get off with each other. This is the same, but without zelebs, and worthy of ITV 2, a channel with a long history of reality rubbish they assume young women like( most people who watch Love Island will be young women, but most young women I know don't watch it). Hopefully its ratings are down again, so it might never come back.
    I really think this is the year ITV has gone into reverse. They rely on the same few, dated shows for ratings, from Love Island to Stars In Their Eyes they have produced some of the most unwatchable drivel on television, and both their main channels are slipping in the ratings.
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    In my mind it's the right thing to do - there's no point tearing up schedules when everyone can get BBC Two. But, at the same time, I have doubts whether they would have moved an Andy Murray match.

I guess. They need to adopt a uniform approach to these situations. If this was a week 2 match, I'm certain they would keep either on BBC One.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would be interesting to see how many BBC One viewers switched to Two.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Technically since the analogue switchover it's impossible for regional BBC1 bulletins to go to BBC2. Not the equivalent number of BBC2 regional channels or something like that.

Should they have delayed the news on BBC1? There's a question.
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    They need to move The One Show to BBC2. This could be a huge upset.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanManF1 wrote: »

I would have moved it but tonight is a special edition live from The Tall Ships in Belfast
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How does it do for BBC News? That's what I want to know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    How does it do for BBC News? That's what I want to know.

Well I read on DS that places that usually show BBC News channel have started showing Sky News instead when Victoria Derbyshire is on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanManF1 wrote: »

For me, Wimbledon is scheduled for BBC Two so they have no reason to move it anywhere else. If it didn't have a place in the schedule fine but it does.

I think I argue this every year. :D
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    How 'bout "10nis 2day @ Wimbledon"? Is it by chance picking up rubberneckers like motorway drivers slowing down to stare at the crash?

Ratings are the same as ever, as viewers who want Wimbledon highlights are forced to put up with it. Therefore it will be declared a success by the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Ratings are the same as ever, as viewers who want Wimbledon highlights are forced to put up with it. Therefore it will be declared a success by the BBC.

It's a mess of a format. Terrible Top Gear lite presenting style.
This discussion has been closed.