erm, why is basshunter in there? :-D

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
Forum Member
the guy is pretty much at the peak of his career, and does have genuine talent. why on earth is he in the uk cbb house? :D i find it amazing :D

vinnie is obviously their preferred winner by a distance, and should romp this field.

cannot for the life of me understand how they got basshunter in there, he does have a following, and should be in the studio, not the bb house :eek: :)

Comments

• JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    Agenda against Baldwin perhaps. :rolleyes:;)

Edit: or both working towards the same end....given some high ups agenda. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    i can understand how they can get people like pete burns, kenzie, mark owen, (who at the time was a failed solo artist), and i think it was shane lynch? who was also flopping. i can't even remember which one of boyzone it was, so apologies if its not shane.

but basshunter being in there is really weird. he has a limited time whilst he is still hot property in the current pop/club landscape, and really shouldn't be on bb. he must have an awful agent.
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9U3Tv9WZb0

this is too cheesy for me to play out, but still love it ha ha :)
    Forum Member
    Hmmm.....this is sounding like a fan thread DJ :rolleyes:;)
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because DJ Terry Turbo was busy :p
    Forum Member
    JTW wrote: »
    Hmmm.....this is sounding like a fan thread DJ :rolleyes:;)

from the perspective of big brother viewers, basshunter is an oddball who has lurid photos of him over the internet. i can't see why he'd be favoured in the edits, and i really can't see what he has to gain from being in the house, his career depends on producing hit records, whereas the people who normally benefit from being on bb are the talentless, rather than the talented.

i am a basshunter fan tho :) ,.. musically :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think the fella is necessarily in the popworld for the music!

I cant quite work it out, but he's either darius and chico's lovechild, or he's living his life in reverse and is now doing the bit that got him the cheesy-records contract in the first place

actually, if he is d + c's lurvechild then he could still be living his life in reverse and we just aint reached that bit yet :confused:
    Forum Member

:) hehe
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he does not walk, he may realise what the!!!!! I think he is so funny, talented for his era and should do well. But agree..what the hell is he doing in there! At least there are people in there he should be able to bounce his personality off on...if not he'll walk.:cry:
    Forum Member
    bornslippy wrote: »
    i dont think the fella is necessarily in the popworld for the music!

I cant quite work it out, but he's either darius and chico's lovechild, or he's living his life in reverse and is now doing the bit that got him the cheesy-records contract in the first place

actually, if he is d + c's lurvechild then he could still be living his life in reverse and we just aint reached that bit yet :confused:

i have absolutely no idea why he's in there at all, its baffling :D .

some pop stars don't actually make much money, but he must be able to command around £5k a club set.

its just totally bizarre.
  • FRESNOBOBFRESNOBOB Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he is a huge fan of the show he luvs it he was on bbbm last summer many times and he wanted to be in it before it finished thats why hes in there
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess like all of them he wants to boost his public profile.
    More media = more work and more money.
    It could be a big breakthrough for him. So every housewife knows his name.
    Saying that, I am not a fan of his music, and can understand others who are unaware of his (incredibly cheesy) pop career.
    I hope he is the nice guy he seems to be so far, lets hope he makes a great HM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    He's fit. Certainly the fittest guy in the house. If nothing else, he provides some eye-candy for girls, and gay guys. That's a good enough reason to be in the house :)
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be to boost his profile in the UK.I know he has had a UK No.1 single but going on CBB would be an interesting way of promoting his forthcoming albums and singles.
  • OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj sunset wrote: »
    :) hehe

Aye, he's refurbishin' th'outside lavvy ..... :D
    Forum Member
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    He's fit. Certainly the fittest guy in the house. If nothing else, he provides some eye-candy for girls, and gay guys. That's a good enough reason to be in the house :)

Yep......par for the course of BB......get the fit guy or gal to win even if they have a brain full of sawdust :rolleyes:
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    dj sunset wrote: »
    i can understand how they can get people like pete burns, kenzie, mark owen, (who at the time was a failed solo artist), and i think it was shane lynch? who was also flopping. i can't even remember which one of boyzone it was, so apologies if its not shane.

but basshunter being in there is really weird. he has a limited time whilst he is still hot property in the current pop/club landscape, and really shouldn't be on bb. he must have an awful agent.
    Pete Burns did it so he could put the money towards corrective surgery on his bungled lip ... augmentation? He'd already sold the rights to his songs towards the same end and didn't release any new material (although the record label took the opportunity to cash in). There was only his autobiography which arguably would've happened anyway, and it's more than possible that he made more from CBB than he did from book in any case.

Not really. He's not doing very well in the UK any more:

Now You're Gone #1
    All I Ever Wanted #2
    Angel In The Night #14
    Jingle Bells #35
    I Miss You #32
    Walk On Water #76
    Every Morning #17
    I Promised Myself #94
  • Dub1Dub1 Posts: 5,959
    Forum Member
    Lets be honest here. Nobody knew who the guy was until he walked through the BB gate.
  • tigerlily96tigerlily96 Posts: 3,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FRESNOBOB wrote: »
    he is a huge fan of the show he luvs it he was on bbbm last summer many times and he wanted to be in it before it finished thats why hes in there

Think they ignored you:D but yes, thats the reason hes in
    Forum Member
    Dub1 wrote: »
    Lets be honest here. Nobody knew who the guy was until he walked through the BB gate.

Exactly. However the suave outfit and entrance served him well.

However his hand sign on entrance to the house says it all to me.

I.e. he has an agenda to put out to the masses.......and it will be propaganda BS that he hopefully won't get away with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JTW wrote: »
    Exactly. However the suave outfit and entrance served him well.

However his hand sign on entrance to the house says it all to me.

I.e. he has an agenda to put out to the masses.......and it will be propaganda BS that he hopefully won't get away with.

This hand sign stuff again...are you ever going to tell us exactly what he did with his hands, and what it represents? I'm genuinely curious.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub1 wrote: »

So not true...Massive fan.... He is dead dead funny ...Reached the ''you tune'' top 100 hits 2009....well albeit in the 60's region but respectful enough... He's a bit of a Dom Joly for humour....and self deprecating...Been around for a couple of years or so now.... More my daughters fancy (who is married) than mine but love his music and his personality. :)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    I think he's a potential winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FRESNOBOB wrote: »

This.
    He was explaining to the the HM's last night things that he only would know if he watched the show before.
    Forum Member

Not really. He's not doing very well in the UK any more:

Now You're Gone #1
    All I Ever Wanted #2
    Angel In The Night #14
    Jingle Bells #35
    I Miss You #32
    Walk On Water #76
    Every Morning #17
    I Promised Myself #94

i don't really buy this argument - madonna i think only reached number 35 or 36 with one of her (very) recent singles.

basshunter's market is more likely to be germany with euro-dance than the uk anyway (no idea how he is doing over there,...)

having said that it just takes one good riff for him to be back at #1 or #2 . he has definitely got that in him.

he should be compared to someone like nick bracegirdle/chicane - who often has flops but occasionally has massive hits. neither chicane nor basshunter depend on being aesthetically pleasing to their audience. basshunter himself hardly features in his own videos.