Matt 1 439000
RiRi 2 104000
BITW 3 68000

Comments

• Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible flop for Matt. I suspect he will be dropped by the end of the week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    does that include downloads and is that good for sales, mind you with the weather maybe some people have not got out to buy their copy of the actual CD as I most certainly have not been able to sadly, and I wanted the CD not just a download.

Thanks for the information.

GG
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

not really! The weather hasn't really been the best and the fact that every shop didn't order enough in, and aren't getting any in until next week.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Who's RiRi - Rhianna?
    Whats BITW?
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Less sales this week = longer stint at number 1 ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member

Of course it's not a terrible flop, people make up anything :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Matt.. :D

Can't wait for the haters to pour in. Perhaps consider the fact the snow and weather, and stock levels being low an issue before everyone starts labelling it a flop. But of course, everyone will ignore those two factors just for the fun of it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Who's RiRi - Rhianna?
    Whats BITW?

Bird Is The Word
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given poor stocking and dreadful weather - understandable.

He'll sell more, if the CDs can get to shops.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    My local store had Joe last year and HAD NONE of MATTS this year which peed me off big time, so I was not able to buy it as no way was I going out into the centre of town with the weather we have had here, and I wont be going any time soon by the looks of it, but my mum will be on Thursday and she will buy my copy then... hopefully he will stay top next week then as well when others can get their copies.

GG
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Physical singles still exist in Britain?
  • Options
    Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Well Matt, IMO, had a decent song so hats off to SC because The Climb was a poor choice of song for both Joe or Olly though for very different reasons. That said, it's time the man put his hands in his pocket and secured something ORIGINAL for whoever wins The X Factor!
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    does that include downloads and is that good for sales, mind you with the weather maybe some people have not got out to buy their copy of the actual CD as I most certainly have not been able to sadly, and I wanted the CD not just a download.

Thanks for the information.

GG

The averge sales for a #1 nowadays is over 80,000 I think, so Matt has done VERY well. Infact, even Rihanna has done incredibly, and it's a shame she's missed out on #1 AGAIN, especially since songs have gotten to #1 other weeks selling less than half of what she sold this week.

So, Matt's sales are insanely high though. After just one week it's become the 20th best-selling song of the entire year! However, in comparison to other X Factor winners, I don't think it's too amazing.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Bird Is The Word

Ah, thanks! :)
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the poor weather in the past few days, a good figure for Matt. :)
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Matt, good luck with your album of covers before the kids stop caring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are underestimating the effect of having had downloads available all series, for all other years the winner's single was the first opportunity the public had to get their favorite's music on iTunes (without ripping it which not everyone knows how to do). These are good sales!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Given the poor weather in the past few days, a good figure for Matt. :)

Exactly! :)
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well with the 3 bonus tracks being so popular, I am sure once it is back in stock and people can get out, it will continue to sell well over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D:D

Indeed I hope he kept his brushes in turps :)

On the other hand it might be a wee bit premature to write him off just yet :p
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats worse than joe isn't it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Roamed wrote: »
    I think people are underestimating the effect of having had downloads available all series, for all other years the winner's single was the first opportunity the public had to get their favorite's music on iTunes (without ripping it which not everyone knows how to do). These are good sales!
    Good point!
  • Options
    Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    Exactly! :)

IIRC, the weather was pretty shit this time last year as well :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how does Matt's sales compare to the other winners?
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Mateja wrote: »
    Physical singles still exist in Britain?

Well sometimes. I never see singles in my local shops- but I did find this in my local HMV given that its an x factor winner single they know it will sell but I dont know how many physical copies are usually even made of a single?