Comments

• PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another secret? Who is this woman? Next we will find out she is in fact Anastasia, heir to the Russian throne.

Or that she knows where Lord Lucan is.

Or that she put the ram in the Rama lama ding dong!
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PacinoFan wrote: »
    Another secret? Who is this woman? Next we will find out she is in fact Anastasia, heir to the Russian throne.

Lol.

DTC likes his secrets.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I cannot STAAAAAAAAAAAND Shabnam!!

I hate the way the actress acts, ESPECIALLY when she tries (emphasis on tries) her hand at humour. That PMT joke was just abominable..... " Pre Masala Masood Tension" and that thing she did with her hands when she said the punchline was just CRINGE!

She's the biggest hypocrite going yet continues to wear the headscarf??!! Er I think all her dignity and rights to practice her religion went out the window the minute she had drunken sex out of wedlock late resulting in pregnancy from which she lied to her parents, fled the country and dumped her child. Then she returns to the UK later only to whinge, complain and constantly moan at her dad for not being a good Muslim. She complained about him being in the pub and for having Jane as a friend. Sorry but I find Shabnam just awful.

Finally her two front teeth are way too long and they look like walrus' tusks!
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    It appears she gets attacked, tells Masood she doesn't want to report it to the police, but he does it anyway behind her back. Poor Shabnam is all I'm going to say.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »

I hate the way the actress acts, ESPECIALLY when she tries (emphasis on tries) her hand at humour. That PMT joke was just abominable..... " Pre Masala Masood Tension" and that thing she did with her hands when she said the punchline was just CRINGE!

She's the biggest hypocrite going yet continues to wear the headscarf??!! Er I think all her dignity and rights to practice her religion went out the window the minute she had drunken sex out of wedlock late resulting in pregnancy from which she lied to her parents, fled the country and dumped her child. Then she returns to the UK later only to whinge, complain and constantly moan at her dad for not being a good Muslim. She complained about him being in the pub and for having Jane as a friend. Sorry but I find Shabnam just awful.

I am not a huge fan to be honest, but I do not dislike the character. I think she is ok.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PacinoFan wrote: »

its only the second secret :confused:

she has a long way to go before she takes the "Secret Crown" from the Carters
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like a copy of Todd's storyline in Corrie, when he used his attack as an excuse to hate his parent further. The attack will have the same ferocity (or rather, lack of) as Todd's, if the photos of Shabnam are anything to go by.

Mind you, Faye's baby woes seem to have been inspired by Cindy's parenting struggles.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shabs always has secrets
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    It appears she gets attacked, tells Masood she doesn't want to report it to the police, but he does it anyway behind her back. Poor Shabnam is all I'm going to say.

Given his temper and history of attacking women., I imagine she is assaulted by Dean - especially as Buster is standing near her in the photo, looiking very concerned.

Mind you, after Shirley blacked Carol's eye, it could always be Shirley who beats Shabnam up.
  • Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're being slightly over dramatic. I like Rakhee and like the way she portrays Shabnam. She's not someone we're meant to 'love' as a character as Shabnam has her own demons to deal with. She's an individual just like you and me. I dont mind her cringe scenes because everyone does something thats makes someone cringe.

I dont get you point about the headscarf. She wears her headscarf for God. She doesnt wear it because she thinks shes better than other women or that it magically turns her into some pure holy being. She wears it to try to be modest and hide her beauty.

What on earth does this mean? People can practice their religion however they want. Their is no compulsion in faith. She 'tries' to be a good muslim. A better one than before. I've seen the old clips of Shabnam and she didnt seem like a practising muslim girl or someone that was that in touch with her faith. She probabaly went to Pakistan and had a 'spiritual awakening' as they call it bought on by the birth of her child out of wedlock and abandoning her from the guilt and shame she felt.

Never noticed them tbh.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand her!! And I'm starting to get peed of with DTC!!!!!!!!!
  • demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Masood's a much bigger hypocrite than Shabnam could ever be when it comes to practicing their religion. She's not the only one who drank alcohol and acted stupidly as a result, he got drunk and gambled away their money, he has treated his family & neighbours appallingly in the past. It's hardly surprising that Shabnam has made some mistakes (that she will have to live with for the rest of her life) when you consider the lousy role model she had.

Really? I think Rakhee's a beautiful woman, but, each to their own.
    He likes going behind her back, you'd think he'd know better by now!
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Given his temper and history of attacking women., I imagine she is assaulted by Dean - especially as Buster is standing near her in the photo, looiking very concerned.

Mind you, after Shirley blacked Carol's eye, it could always be Shirley who beats Shabnam up.
    I thought it was about those girls attacking her outside the Community Centre but the look Buster's giving her does make it look like there was more to the attack than that :confused:
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like a copy of Todd's storyline in Corrie, when he used his attack as an excuse to hate his parent further. The attack will have the same ferocity (or rather, lack of) as Todd's, if the photos of Shabnam are anything to go by.

Mind you, Faye's baby woes seem to have been inspired by Cindy's parenting struggles.

Wow she uses it to hate masood. Surely him reporting it is a good thing. Hopefully she will see that in time. She seems to be acting like a stroppy ternager as Masood is trying to act in her best interests.

Interesting to see where this goes. I knew the attack was going to happen but thought it was going to focus on shabnam and kush

All those saying it is the carter show are just going to have to start saying its the masood show way its going 😂😂😂😂
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Masood's a much bigger hypocrite than Shabnam could ever be when it comes to practicing their religion. She's not the only one who drank alcohol and acted stupidly as a result, he got drunk and gambled away their money, he has treated his family & neighbours appallingly in the past. It's hardly surprising that Shabnam has made some mistakes (that she will have to live with for the rest of her life) when you consider the lousy role model she had.

Really? I think Rakhee's a beautiful woman, but, each to their own.

He likes going behind her back, you'd think he'd know better by now!

I thought it was about those girls attacking her outside the Community Centre but the look Buster's giving her does make it look like there was more to the attack than that :confused:

She is attacked by those girls
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    Wow she uses it to hate masood. Surely him reporting it is a good thing. Hopefully she will see that in time. She seems to be acting like a stroppy ternager as Masood is trying to act in her best interests.

Interesting to see where this goes. I knew the attack was going to happen but thought it was going to focus on shabnam and kush

All those saying it is the carter show are just going to have to start saying its the masood show way its going 😂😂😂😂

Wether she reports it or not should be her decision alone. By this time Masood needs to start to listen to Shabnam, and support her, not bulldoze her life and not care about her choices.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

Maybe she tells him it was the girls outside the Community Centre because she is frightened of the repurcussions if she reports an attack by Dean to the police - has he threatened her? I still think Dean or even Shirley is involved, due to Buster's expression ....
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I am not a huge fan to be honest, but I do not dislike the character. I think she is ok.

I think she is fine as well, and quite pretty. :)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's attacked by a group of girls, you know the ones that suddenly pop up whenever someone needs attacking or bullying, then are never seen or heard of again.

Also I love Mas, but can he stop going behind Shabz back and interfering, as for Shabnam not fan but if she doesn't want to involve the police that's her choice. Her secret, she's pregnant with Kush's baby.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    its only the second secret :confused:

she has a long way to go before she takes the "Secret Crown" from the Carters

Have to agree. The carters have had like 20 so far as and nost of them have been family secrets. I think donna needs some kind of "secret" to give her a storyline but i do like shabnam.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overall the Masoods have had a few secrets over the years, but they were well paced, unlike the Carters where it seems to be one after the next.

Zainab's scars, Syed's sexuality and Shabnam's daughter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I am not a great fan of shabnam at all. I don't think the actress is very good if I'm honest. When she has scenes when she is angry, she smiles. She SMILES. Go on iPlayer and watch the episodes where she finds out what masood had been doing behind her back. I could not watch them without cringing at her acting.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hear hear
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    I think she is fine as well, and quite pretty. :)

I agree.
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did say that Linda would get justice but not threw her case. What if it was through shabs instead?
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie4eva wrote: »
    You're being slightly over dramatic. I like Rakhee and like the way she portrays Shabnam. She's not someone we're meant to 'love' as a character as Shabnam has her own demons to deal with. She's an individual just like you and me. I dont mind her cringe scenes because everyone does something thats makes someone cringe.

I dont get you point about the headscarf. She wears her headscarf for God. She doesnt wear it because she thinks shes better than other women or that it magically turns her into some pure holy being. She wears it to try to be modest and hide her beauty.

What on earth does this mean? People can practice their religion however they want. Their is no compulsion in faith. She 'tries' to be a good muslim. A better one than before. I've seen the old clips of Shabnam and she didnt seem like a practising muslim girl or someone that was that in touch with her faith. She probabaly went to Pakistan and had a 'spiritual awakening' as they call it bought on by the birth of her child out of wedlock and abandoning her from the guilt and shame she felt.

Never noticed them tbh.

I respect your opinions but I'm afraid I will have to pass on getting into a potentially heated debate. All I can say is the headscarf is worn for various reasons but I have never ever seen a woman wearing a headscarf flirt, cavort and publicly snog their partner the way Shabnam does! Shabnam does not seem to be a genuine observer of Islam at the best of times so my point about the headscarf was what's the point of her wearing it? I find it hypocritical; especially when she points the finger at Masood for his shortcomings, marries out of her faith and basically in genera does all the things a Muslim shouldn't. Sorry but I find her hypocritical.

As for the teeth, they're a bit like this :

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Walrus2.jpg