Fate? How to make contact?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
Forum Member
Ok so i met this girl at a coffee shop the other day, and when i say met i mean admired from afar. She was absolutely gorgeous! But i didnt do anything and after she left i thought i'd never see her again. Then today i was on myspace and found her profile! As a big beleiver in fate i cant not do anything so how should i introduce myself without making her think im some weirdo?!?

And on a more general note. Does anyone else believe in fate anymore? How do you interperate 'signs' if you do believe?

And does anyone believe in God and Fate? Or do they contradict each other?

Rudy x

Comments

• Emerald InnsEmerald Inns Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you man or woman?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    p.s. I don't believe in either god or fate

but I do believe in gypsy curses
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe in fate, and if it is fate you'll find a way or she will contact you!
  • derek1234derek1234 Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Everything happens for a reason.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Im a man
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe in fate too... though I'm not sure that would give me the confidence to go and ask someone out I'd only ever seen once. But good luck for whatever you do!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to start a thread about whether people believe in fate and destiny earlier, but my internet went down!

I do believe in fate...
    Forum Member
    I was going to start a thread about whether people believe in fate and destiny earlier, but my internet went down!

I do believe in fate...

Ahh so not only have you brought your belief you've also brought proof of fate :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    Ok so i met this girl at a coffee shop the other day, and when i say met i mean admired from afar. She was absolutely gorgeous! But i didnt do anything and after she left i thought i'd never see her again. Then today i was on myspace and found her profile! As a big beleiver in fate i cant not do anything so how should i introduce myself without making her think im some weirdo?!?

And on a more general note. Does anyone else believe in fate anymore? How do you interperate 'signs' if you do believe?

And does anyone believe in God and Fate? Or do they contradict each other?

Rudy x

Be careful, she might think you're stalking her.

And yes, I'm sure there's such a thing as fate.
    Years ago as a schoolgirl we had a craze for putting something under your pillow/banging your head on the pillow/or whatever, (it's so long ago), with the result that you'd dream of your future partner.
    Anyway, I was very unimpressed with the dream I had of this spotty oik, but 10 years later my MIL showed me pics of my OH as a teenager, and there was one of this spotty oik.
    Spooky.
  • missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did u manage to find her on myspace?! If u were trawling looking for her then that isnt fate, but on the other hand if u just happened across her then maybe it is.

send her a friend request & message saying something like, arent you that girl from xxxxx shop? After a bit of friendly chit chat u can reveal yourself in real life to her.

i do believe some things are meant to be but we can take different paths to get there. I also very much believe in God.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh so not only have you brought your belief you've also brought proof of fate :D:p

Lol I kid you not, it was because I watched the film Serendipity earlier! :)
    Forum Member
    bebelinii wrote: »
    How did u manage to find her on myspace?! If u were trawling looking for her then that isnt fate, but on the other hand if u just happened across her then maybe it is.
    send her a friend request & message saying something like, arent you that girl from xxxxx shop? After a bit of friendly chit chat u can reveal yourself in real life to her.

i do believe some things are meant to be but we can take different paths to get there. I also very much believe in God.

I was looking for a mate of mine on there, and saw her profile.
    Forum Member
    Lol I kid you not, it was because I watched the film Serendipity earlier! :)

Great Film!!!!

Sorry about posting twice in a row
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a man

Sorry, my bad. I misread your name as 'Ruby' :o
    Forum Member
    Sorry, my bad. I misread your name as 'Ruby' :o

No problem, Its a common mistake :rolleyes:;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great Film!!!!

Sorry about posting twice in a row

I know! I have it on DVD I love it!

I say message her, just say hi, it's myspace after all, people message people they don't know all the time! Tell her the story even, us girls love that sort of stuff!
    Forum Member
    I know! I have it on DVD I love it!
    I say message her, just say hi, it's myspace after all, people message people they don't know all the time! Tell her the story even, us girls love that sort of stuff!

Me too, people normally look at me funny when i tell them that. Apparently its not normal for guys to like Rom Coms :o:(

Sorry for going off topic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, people normally look at me funny when i tell them that. Apparently its not normal for guys to like Rom Coms :o:(

I hate that! Men are allowed to be romantic! Whats wrong with liking romcoms! I bet its guys that say that and not girls :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the phrase 'Rom Com' makes me grind my teeth :mad:
    Forum Member
    I hate that! Men are allowed to be romantic! Whats wrong with liking romcoms! I bet its guys that say that and not girls :rolleyes:

Mostly although when i told this one girl she thought i was a closet gay :eek: or maybe she used that as an excuse to turn me down gently? :cry:
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell her you've been watching her secretly without her knowing and you'd like to get down to business and you're happy to pay for it.
    Forum Member
    sh1t wrote: »
    Tell her you've been watching her secretly without her knowing and you'd like to get down to business and you're happy to pay for it.

LMAO :D That would work!! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mostly although when i told this one girl she thought i was a closet gay :eek: or maybe she used that as an excuse to turn me down gently? :cry:

Oh dear...:(

No, I'd never think that!

So what are you going to do Rudy!? Have you added her as a myspace friend at least?
    Forum Member
    I tried to add her but she has one of those things where you have to put in her last name or email address to add her. So i sent her a message saying hi.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    I tried to add her but she has one of those things where you have to put in her last name or email address to add her. So i sent her a message saying hi.

Good luck hunny