Options

Fractured foot?

KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I fell on Friday and hurt my ankle. A&E waiting times are 12 hours + at my local on a Friday so I decided to see if it would be ok in a few days.

To be honest the pain has gone away since then. On Saturday morning my foot was badly bruised and my toe area was a tinge of yellow. On Sunday my mum said it was swollen. On Friday I seen a lump sticking out but it definitely was not a bone.

The bruising is starting to go away, still there and I can walk on it perfectly fine. If I press around it doesn't actually hurt, just a slight twinge where the lump was on Friday night.

It isn't swollen now and yellow tinge is going away. The bruising is also starting to fade slowly.

I'm no doctor, but I can wiggle my toes fine and walk around on it + put weight on the ankle.

Would it be possible to walk like normal if I had broken anything? Surely I have nothing to worry about?

Comments

• Options
    Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    I fell on Friday and hurt my ankle. A&E waiting times are 12 hours + at my local on a Friday so I decided to see if it would be ok in a few days.

To be honest the pain has gone away since then. On Saturday morning my foot was badly bruised and my toe area was a tinge of yellow. On Sunday my mum said it was swollen. On Friday I seen a lump sticking out but it definitely was not a bone.

The bruising is starting to go away, still there and I can walk on it perfectly fine. If I press around it doesn't actually hurt, just a slight twinge where the lump was on Friday night.

It isn't swollen now and yellow tinge is going away. The bruising is also starting to fade slowly.

I'm no doctor, but I can wiggle my toes fine and walk around on it + put weight on the ankle.

Would it be possible to walk like normal if I had broken anything? Surely I have nothing to worry about?

I fractured my 5th metarasle a couple of years ago and hobbled round on it for 10 days before finally going to a & e! Ended up in a non weight bearing cast for 6 weeks and occasionally now it hurts more than it did at the time
    !

Id get it checked out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where on your foot is this swelling? Your big toe is your first metatarsal and your little one is your fifth. Is it towards the toes or away from?

From your description so far, it sounds like you have a haematoma but obviously more information is needed as you cannot feel the bone beneath that bruising.

Your GP or a walk-in centre can send you for an X-ray and if abnormalities are seen, you'll be referred to A&E, its the easy way around and saves the wait that you describe. May be an option if you fee A&E is too busy. I'm a senior A&E nurse and cannot diagnose you from the info, you probably need someone to have a feel at your foot to work it out.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bananie.com/archives/ew.jpg

I have that exact kind of bruising at the bottom side of the foot going up towards the small toe area. From the end of the small toe towards the ankle and leg connection its yellow but appears to be going away. It was a lot worse on Saturday and the swelling has went down.

Even today I can walk as normal, its just the bruising and yellowness is still there.

Thanks for your advice and help. :)

I've made an appointment with my GP for tomorrow.