Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    lewisfrylewisfry Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have very strong opinions on Leona's next album and what it should consist of.
    Who ever wrote fingerprint, leona should never work again. I don't know, maybe she wrote the song and so it meant something to her and she put it on the album.. But songs like yesterday show leona can write lyrics well and so if she wrote fingerprint she could have just had writers block but seriously if she didn't write that song, whoever did needs to be punished.
    I really hate that song.

And no emile sandé tracks please. She keeps all the good ones for herself, gives leona the knockoffs and than leona releases them and just sounds like an emile wannabe when she is 10x that woman and has been around for longer and has her own style that isn't emile sandé's style.

And it's not about a budget, people who are in the business are there because they have talent and I honestly think producers like Pharrel will run out of steam soon with his songs sounding similar and new producers or not as high profile ones will rise up.
    Leona should just work with low profile and new producers in order to find herself a sound that is unique and will sell.
    She needs an incredible lyricist as well and someone who will push her vocally.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona's red carpet interview

@lewisfry

I don't think Fingerprint is lyrically bad, it's well written imo.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewisfry wrote: »
    I have very strong opinions on Leona's next album and what it should consist of.
    Who ever wrote fingerprint, leona should never work again. I don't know, maybe she wrote the song and so it meant something to her and she put it on the album.. But songs like yesterday show leona can write lyrics well and so if she wrote fingerprint she could have just had writers block but seriously if she didn't write that song, whoever did needs to be punished.
    I really hate that song.

And no emile sandé tracks please. She keeps all the good ones for herself, gives leona the knockoffs and than leona releases them and just sounds like an emile wannabe when she is 10x that woman and has been around for longer and has her own style that isn't emile sandé's style.

And it's not about a budget, people who are in the business are there because they have talent and I honestly think producers like Pharrel will run out of steam soon with his songs sounding similar and new producers or not as high profile ones will rise up.
    Leona should just work with low profile and new producers in order to find herself a sound that is unique and will sell.

I think you are being harsh on Fingerprint, it is a great song imo and Leona did write it with Fraser T Smith and someone else.

Yesterday doesn't show Leona's writing skills seeing as she had zero involvement in writing it.

I personally think Emeli is great and Sugar is probably in my top 3 songs from Glassheart, I To You is great too and although it made a poor single and did take some time for me to really love it, Trouble is brilliant, so I wouldn't mind seeing them work together again. I'd even love a duet.

Emeli is great at writing songs and is capable of writing songs for other artists, she's done quite a few, for example Sugar sounds nothing like a typical Emeli song. As for Trouble that song pre-existed, Emeli probably wrote it for herself, but Leona heard it and wanted it, so its not like Emeli wrote a song that sounded like her own specifically for Leona.
  • Options
    kokoskokos Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate that song.

And no emile sandé tracks please. She keeps all the good ones for herself, gives leona the knockoffs and than leona releases them and just sounds like an emle wannabe when she is 10x that woman and has been around for longer and has her own style that isn't emile sandé's style.

I think that fingerprint is pretty good and I actually like it. But I agree that Leona shouldn't collaborate with Emeli Sande again.
  • Options
    siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like "Fingerprint" for the vocal performance, but yes, the lyrics are far from poetic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Leona's red carpet interview

@lewisfry

I don't think Fingerprint is lyrically bad, it's well written imo.

One of the best on the album, The badly written Fireflies should be called out not Fingerprint.
    I love Fireflies still.
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Fingerprint is lyrically quite emotional.
    I especially love the "Bursting for one sip of the innocence we once had" line. I think the production was kinda dull though and Leona's voice sounds kinda odd on it IMO.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore Fingerprint, probably my favourite on Glassheart, I also love Fireflies. Just shows we all have such diverse taste.
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    I think Fingerprint is lyrically quite emotional.
    I especially love the "Bursting for one sip of the innocence we once had" line. I think the production was kinda dull though and Leona's voice sounds kinda odd on it IMO.

That line is brilliant imo. Also, "Shadows of the past and the tattooed lines of your kiss".

I love Fingerprint. It is one of my all time favourite songs from Leona. It is so evocative and the lyrics match the melody and vocals perfectly for me. So beautifully nuanced. I loved her live performance of it and was gutted she didn't perform it on tour.

Isn't it interesting how many different opinions we have? :)
  • Options
    LibbylizLibbyliz Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved fireflies because it had some very emotiona and personal meaning to me. My son tried to commit suicide about 12yrs ago he was in a coma and was very lucky to pull through. the part where Leona sings 'you were torn all your life between those fireflies'really sums that despair some people feel sometimes.
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hate that song.

I have to agree with the majority of this. Sugar and Fingerprint should have swapped places on the track listing.
    As for Sande, I couldn't agree more, she writes songs that suit her particular style and it's not really Leona. I think Spirit is more the direction Leona should be heading in, with a little bit of Glassheart influence.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Remember the 'Leona twins' who auditioned for X Factor in 2009? They're on The Voice tonight apparently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2549895/Coaches-faced-double-trouble-two-sets-twins-audition-The-Voice.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Remember the 'Leona twins' who auditioned for X Factor in 2009? They're on The Voice tonight apparently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2549895/Coaches-faced-double-trouble-two-sets-twins-audition-The-Voice.html

omg I didn't know them :')
    It's like Spirit Leona vs Echo Leona :')

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/31/article-2549895-1B1B727D00000578-209_634x368.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    omg I didn't know them :')
    It's like Spirit Leona vs Echo Leona :')

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/31/article-2549895-1B1B727D00000578-209_634x368.jpg

Haha I know right? I remember them auditioning for XF in 09 and all the judges saying how much they looked like Leona :')
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Does anyone know who he is/who he's worked with before? I can't find much on him.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Fingerprint is just a good album song. The problem with Glassheart was that it was full of good and ok album songs and not of great potential singles (glassheart the song aside)
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Loved Leona's tweet to Bruno (I wish he was gentle enough to reply)
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to disagree with some people here like. I LOVE Fingerprint, it's one my favourites from Glassheart but then I love almost every track on that album. I love her voice on it.
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fing myself feeling "meh" about the Glassheart album lately, only really listening to the song Glassheart. Still listening to Spirit and Echo alot, maybe I'll take a break from Glassheart for some time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shake You Up >>>>>> Glassheart though :kitty:
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shake You Up >>>>>> Glassheart though :kitty:

Im You >>>>>>>>>>> Life :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I need Leona to win a Grammy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I need Leona to win a Grammy.

Me too, although I do feel proud that she can go to all these events in the US around awards season as a Grammy nominee. Kind of like she's earn her place to be there :D
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who is watching the premiere of leona lewis Portugal's glassheart tour dvd tonight? only 2 and a half hours to go!
This discussion has been closed.