Options

Star Wars Again ITV !!!

mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
Forum Member
See they are repeating yet again all the star wars films but this time peak time saturday night and advertise them every commercial break !! Enough already. Is this the best they can come up with saturday nights. I thought we might get something decent now the footy is over with.

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV and it`s sundry offshoot channels are become indistinguishable from each other these days, all flooded with repeats as they are and even in primetime on the main channel.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its Summer and during Summer the TV channel's almost shutdown, until August when the big shows start to return.

ITV also seems to rely on the same films over and over. Never do they acquire new ones to put on. Its the laziest way to fill the schedule.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    See they are repeating yet again all the star wars films but this time peak time saturday night and advertise them every commercial break !! Enough already. Is this the best they can come up with saturday nights. I thought we might get something decent now the footy is over with.

What about all the other channels you have?
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »

Star Wars is pretty decent to be fair...
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The prequels are still better than most of the crap on ITV.
  • Options
    scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jar Jar Binks or Ant & Dec,

its actually a close call.
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the headsup. Ive actually never seen any star wars films so might give them a go now
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I'm the biggest Star Wars fan you'll ever meet but ITV do show the films far too often - as a viewer it's rubbish because most people have seen them all before, and for me as a fan I think it risks over-exposing the films and making them boring.

I suspect that the reason they've done it twice in the last year or so is because of Episode 7 next year. Expect it again next summer when excitement will be very high.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Expect it again next summer when excitement will be very high.

Nah, they'll be showing them once a week from 7 November 2015, when the excitement will be nearly pandemic (as the release date is currently 18 December 2015).
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how this type of complaint appears frequently with regards to ITV. There are a number of people who are also fed up with the amount of times they show the Harry Potter and James Bond films. You can never win :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Well actually I'm hoping they screen the 2011 editions this time.

Just want to see them out of curiosity!
  • Options
    fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    what ones do they show the originals or the new magic cgi ones?
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    It's funny how this type of complaint appears frequently with regards to ITV. There are a number of people who are also fed up with the amount of times they show the Harry Potter and James Bond films. You can never win :D

I know but they always repeat them in the afternoon or on ITV2. This is ITV1 peaktime Saturday night for the next 6 weeks when the movies have already been shown to death.
    Lazing scheduling. And the have the cheek to advertise them as if they are something new
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what ones do they show the originals or the new magic cgi ones?

They always show the newer three then the classic three.

It doesn't bother me as I like Star Wars and also Harry Potter when they are repeated.

They are decent films and besides we no longer live in an era of 3-4 channels. So many more channels and DVDs, Blu rays etc..
  • Options
    fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    They always show the newer three then the classic three.

dam i wana watch a version with sebastian shaw. me 1997 vhs has buggered >:(
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When these are over they were probably start the Harry Potter films all over again.
    Can they not find any other decent films that haven't been shown to death
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    When these are over they were probably start the Harry Potter films all over again.
    Can they not find any other decent films that haven't been shown to death

No they wont because x factor will fill the void then