Sky SD/HD new channels thread. Coming soon/launch dates.

Comments

• hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I would say the channel will certainly be in HD.

Hi

Thx :).

Baz
  • cliftonhillcliftonhill Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    This new channel launches on June 2nd and will feature such back catalogue stuff as Taggart and Take The High Road/High Road.

STV Glasgow will be available on Freeview channel 23, Sky channel 117 and Virgin channel 159. Will it be available outside Scotland on Sky?
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This new channel launches on June 2nd and will feature such back catalogue stuff as Taggart and Take The High Road/High Road.

STV Glasgow will be available on Freeview channel 23, Sky channel 117 and Virgin channel 159. Will it be available outside Scotland on Sky?

Wouldn't have thought so for copyright reasons.:(
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anymore word on Channel 4 +1 HD? I thought that was coming soon?

I really don't understand why Sky haven't got a Sky 2 HD by now, especially with first run shows being put on there, and maybe Pick HD, for the same reasons, even if it was Sky and Virgin only.
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to keep this thread up to date-

STV Glasgow (Local TV) launches on 2nd June 2014.
    ITV Encore HD, ITV Encore & ITV Encore+1 launch on 9th June 2014.
    Forces TV launches 10th June 2014.
    British Muslim TV launches 10th June 2014.
    Safeer TV launches 16th June 2014.
  • fatboy75fatboy75 Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    MUTV going HD in July
  • arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    MUTV HD launched today
  • Dear ViewerDear Viewer Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noting the new Sky Sports channel order from 12/8. Wonder how long it will be before Sky shifts Sky Sports News HQ to allow more sensible channel numbering.
  • happymonkeyhappymonkey Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noting the new Sky Sports channel order from 12/8. Wonder how long it will be before Sky shifts Sky Sports News HQ to allow more sensible channel numbering.

I'm slighty OTT angry about this change!

It's like the marketing department are having a nightmare?

Not bothered about the SkySports News name change to HQ but moving it to 401 is madness >:(

Everyone knows that moving News to 406 and having the sports channels 401-405 is the sensible option???

Rant over and now breath.... :blush:
  • Dear ViewerDear Viewer Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point exactly about the impending channel order. As for adding the HQ, I don't mind that much neither, but some may recall the short lived monicker of skysportnewsws.com TV being another marketing nightmare.
  • tomhourigantomhourigan Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My TV listings app is showing French news service I-TELE as appearing on channel 267 - although it's currently listed on the Sky box as '?TV' and is blank without now/next information. Is I-TELE actually due a Sky launch? Would make it only the second French channel in the line-up - and significantly higher up the EPG as well.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My TV listings app is showing French news service I-TELE as appearing on channel 267 - although it's currently listed on the Sky box as '?TV' and is blank without now/next information. Is I-TELE actually due a Sky launch? Would make it only the second French channel in the line-up - and significantly higher up the EPG as well.

?TV is a placeholder owned by AMC (who run the CBS channels) so they may have sold the slot to Canal+. What's your TV listings app?
  • tomhourigantomhourigan Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    ?TV is a placeholder owned by AMC (who run the CBS channels) so they may have sold the slot to Canal+. What's your TV listings app?
    TV24.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    TV24.

What app is this?
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RTE2 hd is now on channel 102 for non sky HD irish subscribers
  • GarryMcGarryMc Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftakeith wrote: »
    RTE2 hd is now on channel 102 for non sky HD irish subscribers

STV HD is also on channel 103 for non Sky HD subscribers in the STV West region.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Safe to say its not a BBC thing then, but Sky.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made in Leeds now running a promo on Freeview Channel 8. Anyone know when the Sky transmissions will start?
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,439
    Forum Member
    Made in Leeds now running a promo on Freeview Channel 8. Anyone know when the Sky transmissions will start?

As it's specifically 'local' to the Leeds area will they want to go on Satellite? - which would rather void the 'local' part.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the local channels will be on satellite, like London Live and STV Glasgow which are already there. Made in Leeds is also planning to launch on Sky, according to their website.
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From having retuned our Freeview equipment I see that ITVBe launches on October 8th as there is a place holder for it with a message of when it launches but no tests I don't think yet.
    Forum Member
    Got a Virgin leaflet through the post today that said CNN HD was coming. Is this a typo and if not, any news on it coming to Sky???
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    Got a Virgin leaflet through the post today that said CNN HD was coming. Is this a typo and if not, any news on it coming to Sky???

Could you possibly take a picture of it and post it here?
    Forum Member
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Could you possibly take a picture of it and post it here?

how do I do that? I should clarify, it doesn't explicitly SAY that CNN is launching but includes it on its list of HD channels
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    how do I do that? I should clarify, it doesn't explicitly SAY that CNN is launching but includes it on its list of HD channels

maybe the list is on Virgin's website?
This discussion has been closed.