Forum warnings

KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok, I've had a warning or so and been suspended for a few days. It seems that you are suspended for a longer period each time, and then ultimately banned I'd guess.

My question is do warnings expire after a certain amount of time? I was a bit of an idiot when I first joined.

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    KidPoker wrote: »
    My question is do warnings expire after a certain amount of time.

Not as far as I'm aware, no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Best bet would be to ask one of the Mods as I'm not sure.

Besides, you haven't joined the DS elite until you've had at least one temporary ban :)
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Repent then and turn to the mods, so that your sins may be wiped out.

Tom; 3:19
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had two myself. One for 48 hours and the other for a week.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit hard done by really. I got suspended for a remark about Connie Huq (admittedly not a great one) and I even explained it was a joke too.
    I don't really know what is ok to say now and what is going to get me fully suspended. I never got a warning or anything?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Had two myself. One for 48 hours and the other for a week.

I haven't had the week one yet. I had the 48 hour one ages ago, but now I try and treat others the way I would like to be treated myself ..... and it works. I do sometimes falter and get a bit sarcastic.
  • HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive had 2. First one for 48 hours, the next one for 2 weeks. Nothing in between. I think they are not so strict on perma bans these days, i know of a few posters that have had quite a few "long term" bans, but not a perma...
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not had a ban yet....I'm doing better here than C4!
  • tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are a bit like radioactive poisoning, ie they amass and do not decay
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    Best bet would be to ask one of the Mods as I'm not sure.

Besides, you haven't joined the DS elite until you've had at least one temporary ban :)

I must try harder then or I will never make the elite :D Actually it is quite easy to get a ban and indeed to avoid them if someone really wants to do either.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A suspension over Konnie Huq? What I have noticed is that you must be careful about what you say around certain posters.

Some would report you for saying Santa didn't come at Christmas time and some story about how that ruined their Xmas and new year and voila a suspension for yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apparently you cant get a ban if you use an Opera browser via a mobile!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,112
    Forum Member
    Sadly they do not seem to wish to explain the banning process. I have recently had a two or three week ban yet the forum support will enter into no communication.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A suspension over Konnie Huq? What I have noticed is that you must be careful about what you say around certain posters.

Some would report you for saying Santa didn't come at Christmas time and some story about how that ruined their Xmas and new year and voila a suspension for yourself.

I know, sometimes I think the moderators don't even check to see what the offending post is. They just see that someone's hit the 'Report' button and automatically suspend the member. Then if you email them for an explanation you get nothing.
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    I've never been warned or banned before. :cool:

I guess I'm above the rules because I'm so brilliant.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    I know, sometimes I think the moderators don't even check to see what the offending post is. They just see that someone's hit the 'Report' button and automatically suspend the member. Then if you email them for an explanation you get nothing.

I was banned once ages ago but wrote and explained myself and the ban was overturned about an hour later.

Not sure if that qualifies me for the elite or not :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    I have never had a ban before.

I remember getting a warning once for calling someone a troll, funny thing is there's been plenty of times when I've sailed a bit close to the wind (much worse than calling someone a troll!)

Guess it depends if you upset one of the "tell tales", though if you're finding yourself getting lots or warnings and bans you probably need to alter your attitude.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    I was banned once ages ago but wrote and explained myself and the ban was overturned about an hour later.

Not sure if that qualifies me for the elite or not
    :D

No; you blew your one chance. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isd it not just down to who alerts you. there is no way the ds mod(s) can even police one thread. so really it is the DS members who do it.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Not had a ban yet....I'm doing better here than C4!

The C4 forum was a complete and utter shambles. In my opinion, the moderators that were there weren't fit to do the job they had.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,112
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if the forum support team could actually post in this thread and say what their system for warnings/bans actually is instead of just locking it.
  • GwrxVurferGwrxVurfer Posts: 5,359
    Forum Member
    DGSx wrote: »
    It would be nice if the forum support team could actually post in this thread and say what their system for warnings/bans actually is instead of just locking it.

I've had a few bans :D
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The C4 forum was a complete and utter shambles. In my opinion, the moderators that were there weren't fit to do the job they had.

They were pretty rubbish but GaGa is even worse, where a lot of ex C4 moved to.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know! and I love connie huq.
    I was being rhetorical. :(
    still a bit annoyed at that to be honest. Someone asked why she didn't wear a poppy and I used this phrase to emphisise how stupid they were being about the poppy wearing mafia. I guess I just used it again, I hope I don't get suspended but I was just explaining.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    I've never been warned or banned before. :cool:

I guess I'm above the rules because I'm so brilliant.

Me neither. :p I think the longer you are on here though the more you learn to skirt around the ban hammer. It's just mainly about not being insulting to other posters, no matter how irritating they may be.
This discussion has been closed.