Bridesmaids

124»

Comments

• Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    This film to me looks like a women's version of the hangover. It's almost as if they weren't happy with such a blokey film, so wrote one for women too!!

I've got that impression from the trailer, so I'm probably wrong, if I am they need to put out better trailers!

I thought that too from the trailer .

but it isn't , it's very much it's own film .
  • kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought was hilarious, everyone in the cinema was roaring with laughter. Including Tony Hadley who was sat in front of me, he laughed a lot throughout! :D
  • AcornatiAcornati Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it again last night (second viewing), and it really is so good. It might not be laugh out loud the whole way through but it's just generally entertaining. I also love the Hangover, I wouldn't say they're similar though. I'd watch it again easily.

ETA: the screen was full, which I think is pretty impressive for being out for so long (although some could be over-spill from Harry Potter being sold out)
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it. thought it was alright.

but it does feel like a female version of The Hangover.
    Megan is a female version of Alan.

but its still good never-the-less.

have had an avoidence of modern day comedies for years now. I only saw The original Hangover for the first time last year, which I again thought was simply "ok" and entertaining, but very over hyped. it wasnt the best thing I had ever seen.
    But it was made out at the time that was "the best comedy ever" which was why I avoided it.

I think for me, comedy lately has been took over by the same actors they use again and again - such as Vince Vaughn, Adam Sandler, Kevin James, etc - whom I all don't think are funny at all - well, the type of comedy movie they do isn't funny.
    but I do like Steve Carell

however, Bridesmaids is alright. and maybe some faith has returned to give comedy movies a chance again :D.

quite fancy Horrible Bosses next
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it. thought it was alright.

but it does feel like a female version of The Hangover.
    Megan is a female version of Alan.

but its still good never-the-less.

have had an avoidence of modern day comedies for years now. I only saw The original Hangover for the first time last year, which I again thought was simply "ok" and entertaining, but very over hyped. it wasnt the best thing I had ever seen.
    But it was made out at the time that was "the best comedy ever" which was why I avoided it.

I think for me, comedy lately has been took over by the same actors they use again and again - such as Vince Vaughn, Adam Sandler, Kevin James, etc - whom I all don't think are funny at all - well, the type of comedy movie they do isn't funny.
    but I do like Steve Carell

however, Bridesmaids is alright. and maybe some faith has returned to give comedy movies a chance again :D.

quite fancy Horrible Bosses next

Horrible Bosses looks pretty good. I thought Morning Glory was pretty good earlier in the year, it just slipped under most people's radar, it had a great cast too. Quite similar to the Devil Wears Prada.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally seen it hilarious :D:D
  • Mikes MikeMikes Mike Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bridesmaids is definitely a film for the guys, with all the hot and fit women in it anyway. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Saw this a couple weeks ago with the misses, lets just say it wasn't that good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Saw this on Wednesday and thought it was blooming hilarious! Kristen Wiig is an absolute star, we need to see more of her. Not entirely convinced by Chris O'Dowd, something slightly stilted about his performance, but my absolute favourite was Melissa McCarthy as Megan. Anyway, I loved the film and created this trivia quiz in celebration, enjoy! www.ivillage.co.uk/the-bridesmaids-trivia-quiz
  • Mikes MikeMikes Mike Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bridesmaids is definitely a film for the guys, with all the hot and fit women in it anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikes Mike wrote: »
    Bridesmaids is definitely a film for the guys, with all the hot and fit women in it anyway.

Even though I'm not in the film's target audience (I'm a 15 year old male), I didn't think any of the women were attractive. Obviously the fat one (I've forgotten her name) wasn't meant to be:D
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pog-eye wrote: »
    Saw this on Wednesday and thought it was blooming hilarious! Kristen Wiig is an absolute star, we need to see more of her. Not entirely convinced by Chris O'Dowd, something slightly stilted about his performance, but my absolute favourite was Melissa McCarthy as Megan. Anyway, I loved the film and created this trivia quiz in celebration, enjoy! www.ivillage.co.uk/the-bridesmaids-trivia-quiz

I got 18 out of 19 :D Got the one about what type of food they ate at the restaurant.
    Even though I'm not in the film's target audience (I'm a 15 year old male), I didn't think any of the women were attractive. Obviously the fat one (I've forgotten her name) wasn't meant to be:D

Really?! Not even Rose Byrne who played Helen? Well I suppose I'm a female and that may be a reason why we have different opinions :p Although I wouldn't mind be as unattractive as them :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    The Hangover is probably the most overrated comedy of all time. It had some funny parts but it's nowhere near as funny as the hype it accumulated. I feel Bridesmaids is similar in the word of mouth hype except for the fact that it's actually deserved as opposed to the Hangover. Don't get me started on Hangover 2, only retarded monkeys would find that entertaining or funny.