Jim - "I will win"

Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
Forum Member
I thought that was a bit arrogant and too cocky and may be his downfall.

What do you think?

Comments

• WhitiaminWhitiamin Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he will and I hope he does.
  • Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Whitiamin wrote: »
    I think he will and I hope he does.

Me too - he's the best of an awful bunch! No one else is deserving IMO.

Even though I know he is racist, homophobic and sexist - he has come across really well on this show!
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has every chance of winning so far.

At least that isn't two faced of him pretending otherwise is it?

:)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure if he meant the entire show or a more personal thing just winning over the people he was hated by ?
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    He has every chance of winning so far.

At least that isn't two faced of him pretending otherwise is it?

I agree he's being honest, but it is interesting that if that has been said by anyone in the past, generally, it doesn't go down well the public. It was Freddie's downfall, letting the popularity go to his head when he was saved all those times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if he meant the entire show or a more personal thing just winning over the people he was hated by ?

I felt the same way mollie. given the context it was very ambiguous to me.
  • bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not wrong.

Ollie and Sam cannot win.

Luisa will not win.

Dappy possibly but he's the only realistic challenger.

Top 3 will be some form of Jim, Dappy and Luisa or Ollie.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wolfy was really slated for it when she said the same thing in last year's series. Jim has done exactly the same thing by saying this, so it shouldn't be any different for him either.
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    Wolfy was really slated for it when she said the same thing in last year's series. Jim has done exactly the same thing by saying this, so it shouldn't be any different for him either.

Yep his fate is sealed. He's out on Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I agree he's being honest, but it is interesting that if that has been said by anyone in the past, generally, it doesn't go down well the public. It was Freddie's downfall, letting the popularity go to his head when he was saved all those times.

It might affect him yes. But at least he had the 'balls' if you will, to say it.

I never believe anyone that says they don't want to win. I know they get their pay cheques and nothing more for the actual winner. But I feel it's kinda the honour/prestige/coverage or whatever of winning that is important for a Celeb.

It will be what it will be. I don't actually vote so it's all out of my hands anyway. But I would like to see him win. Ollie has let me down, the great big numpty 'sigh' lol.

• Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    He said if he survived tomorrow night he'll win.

When asked by BB if he was saying if he survived tomorrow night he wanted to win

Jim said "No if I survive tomorrow night I will win"
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    I thought that was a bit arrogant and too cocky and may be his downfall.

What do you think?

There is already a post about this I think he is sick of being in there the way th are he knows if he said that he might get out who can blame him I would be begging to get out it's called reverse sycology
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    There is already a post about this I think he is sick of being in there the way th are he knows if he said that he might get out who can blame him I would be begging to get out it's called reverse sycology

I'm beginning to think Evander is the true winner.

Go in, stay a few days, grab the money and run LOL!

• Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he wins...Come on Jim..
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't this was Vinnie Jones said too, and he was third after being favourite for ages. I don't mind if he does win with who's left. Although I think I'd like Luisa to win for the shock value! I can see the reality ones going down the same way as all previous ones on this and IACGMOOH - favourites but then one of the first to go in the final. I can see a Jim, Luisa, and perhaps Ollie/Dappy top 3
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    It was reverse psychology.I love how the Jim haters have been saying he's putting on an act and the other day there was even a thread saying he was media savvy and are now jumping on the fact that he said that.If he walks he doesn't get paid.Evicted he does.He said he wanted to go and then afterwards made sure that he said he'll win because he knows the public don't like that attitude.
    Forum Member
    It was reverse psychology.I love how the Jim haters have been saying he's putting on an act and the other day there was even a thread saying he was media savvy and are now jumping on the fact that he said that.If he walks he doesn't get paid.Evicted he does.He said he wanted to go and then afterwards made sure that he said he'll win because he knows the public don't like that attitude.

Maybe I'll do my best to win may have come across better, not, "Do you want to win?" "No I will win"
  • QueenPixieQueenPixie Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has to! he is the only decent one!
    Forum Member
    QueenPixie wrote: »
    He has to! he is the only decent one!

They are all ok.
    Forum Member
    Maybe I'll do my best to win may have come across better, not, "Do you want to win?" "No I will win"

Did you not read my post.As long as he gets paid I don't think he gives a toss.If he wants to be voted out (which is what I think) why would he want to come across modest and humble?
    Forum Member
    Did you not read my post.As long as he gets paid I don't think he gives a toss.If he wants to be voted out (which is what I think) why would he want to come across modest and humble?

Ask Jim. all I did was quote what he said. I offered my personal thoughts that maybe he could have phrased it better, then we wouldn't have had this thread criticising what he said.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it as a last chance at being voted out yesterday ??
  • klawklaw Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First, I agree it doesn't come across brilliantly, as he is popluar as the underdog and has needed his tormentors to win all the support he now has... but maybe that's all been done and he can't lose.

Having said that, it is important this distinction between 'I want to win' and 'I will win.' It's either rejecting his 'neediness' to win, or it's borderline arrogance that as he sees it if he gets past the next evictions he can't see how he can lose.

If he was a 'master manipulator' he could've worded it better. Or maybe he worries, considering he admitted he has been down and grumpy, and may worry people might be sick of that, that a more confident Jim is what the public want to see.

But actually I don't think he was thinking of how it came across. I think he was having a moment of self-belief, and said it. Part of that self-belief, with Jim Davidson, is '...and f*ck what anyone thinks about that.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Did you notice how he started to say it, stopped to wonder if he ought to, and then went ahead and said it anyway? I liked that.
    Forum Member
    Ask Jim. all I did was quote what he said. I offered my personal thoughts that maybe he could have phrased it better, then we wouldn't have had this thread criticising what he said.

And I offered my personal thoughts and told you why I think he didn't phrase it better.Because he wants out.