CW Star-Crossed (Season 1)

Star-Crossed starts next week on CW (February 17th), is anyone planning on watching this? I think it looks quite promising and definitely will give it a shot.

Series trailer is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJ0kqEKIvc

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It reminds me a bit like Roswell and a bit of True Blood. The True Blood vibe being that Aliens are apart of today's society like Vampires are. The Roswell vibe being a human girl falls for a male alien. I will check it out depending on if it's renewed or not.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Thanks to other CW shows I've had my fill of boy meets girl (insert affliction that should keep them apart) for this round of shows.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen it and... well it is crammed full to the brim with bits and pieces from other tv shows and tv tropes and the like, but methinks I'm sticking around for now :) - btw
    the dad is a right poor shot. :rollseyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pilot got 1.24 million viewers
    That's awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Bit heavy on the romance angle...but it has legs I think...

Its only the pilot so they have a lot to set-up in such a short space of time and give an idea of where the show is going, but I liked it.

Interesting concept as long as it doesnt get too bogged down in the normal CW-type love-triangle b*llocks. I'll keep watching for now.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's awful.

I watched it and didn't like it. The male lead is very watchable but he should be in another show. What I hated the most was the incessant music. Used correctly music can enhance a show. Here they seem to want to drown the dialogue so the viewer can't hear it. I didn't like it. The 100 goes out tomorrow so I will have a look at that as that seems more interesting.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im looking forward to this show. Tried searching for it all day but to no avail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Star crossed continues to not do well, this will be The Tomorrow people's saving grace. The CW are holding out on that show's future until they see how their mid seasons show go.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's awful.

That's not that bad for the CW it did better than Hart of Dixie has been doing in that timeslot & WAY better than beauty & the beast that airs after it ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    That's not that bad for the CW it did better than Hart of Dixie has been doing in that timeslot & WAY better than beauty & the beast that airs after it ;-)

It's bad for a show that has only aired one episode. You can't say it's doing better than Hart and Beauty when they themselves started out strong in the early episodes with even much higher ratings, as well as the fact that both Hart and Beauty have been on the air longer. So no not really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else found that the online streams of the episode have an annoying 'glitch' sound that keeps appearing every 10/20 seconds or is it just me?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else found that the online streams of the episode have an annoying 'glitch' sound that keeps appearing every 10/20 seconds or is it just me?
    I've heard they usually bring out a repack version when their first try turns out icky.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    It's bad for a show that has only aired one episode. You can't say it's doing better than Hart and Beauty when they themselves started out strong in the early episodes with even much higher ratings, as well as the fact that both Hart and Beauty have been on the air longer. So no not really.

HoD is nailed on for renewal either way - thanks to syndication incentives there aren't many shows that get canned after three seasons.

BatB on the other hand, is dead, as is most likely The Carrie Diaries.

Star-crossed will need to hold steady next week to stand much of a chance of surviving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I've heard they usually bring out a repack version when their first try turns out icky.

oh really I didn't know that I managed to watch the whole episode in the end annoying glitches and all :)
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It's so predictable and corny and the "aliens" are basically humans with tattoo's and 3014 hairstyles oh and can heal people??? but I think i'll continue watching for a few more episodes, I just hope they have more powers and make the show less typical.

It's like so many of these pilot episodes on The CW are written basically exactly the same. A female falls in love with a male, but it's a "forbidden" love but they find a way to break the rules until getting caught by a higher authority.

But the Drake guy is like super hot and I think Julia seems cool too. The main characters are too cliche'd for me to like them so far.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, it certainly isn't just you. Tried all the streams I could find, and all of them had a noise problem.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the first episode.. I really do hope the ratings increase or stay steady .
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Seemed ok for a pilot, I did have to laugh when they did the ten years later and you found out she was 6 in the first part ergo 16 and Matt Lanter is in his thirties now you think he would be too old to be playing a 16 - 18 year old boy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Seemed ok for a pilot, I did have to laugh when they did the ten years later and you found out she was 6 in the first part ergo 16 and Matt Lanter is in his thirties now you think he would be too old to be playing a 16 - 18 year old boy

I don't know, but i don't think he looks his age at all. He has one of those faces that pulls of playing a teen.
    Forum Member
    I don't know, but i don't think he looks his age at all. He has one of those faces that pulls of playing a teen.

I am not disputing he looks younger than his 31 (I think), but 16 is pushing it, I'm not complaining he's a nice looking chap, just was strange playing a teen in 90210 now years later in this playing a teen
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was OK but a little predictable. Also, they need to cut back on the background music. We barely got through one scene without it and it was very irritating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not disputing he looks younger than his 31 (I think), but 16 is pushing it, I'm not complaining he's a nice looking chap, just was strange playing a teen in 90210 now years later in this playing a teen

True
    You would expect an older role for someone who did a teen show for 5 years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, is this just Roswell done badly or should I give it a shot?
    Forum Member
    So, is this just Roswell done badly or should I give it a shot?

cant really tell after one ep, but not looking good for an official pick up by the network so you may want to forgo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant really tell after one ep, but not looking good for an official pick up by the network so you may want to forgo

Yeah, that's my gut feeling really.:blush: