James Arthur Twits again

13»

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's alright though, good ol' Steve Brookstein has got James's back:

Former X Factor winner Steve Brookstein meanwhile also waded into the argument, tweeting Tyler Lee directly today (September 19): "Talentless one direction fan baits James Arthur by calling him "sh*t" and The Sun support the troll by running the story."

http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/londonnewsdesk/view/88349/?isworld=y

Lucky James. That's a powerful, incredibly non-bitter ally he's just won himself. Who needs 1D when he's got that force of nature behind him?
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur will only be successful if Simon Cowell want him to be.

Cowells would rather have a successful boyband than a dozen Leona Lewis, Alexander Burkes or james Arthur's.

The Boybands appeal to his target audience ie young girls who will not only download the music, but all the merchandise etc. Also if you were going to a do a film who would you rather have "the bland Leona Lewis, sour faced James Arthur or a group of 5 young boys.

Arthur might have one more hit, but that will be it.
  • Options
    etamineetamine Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's an absolute idiot.

Why slag off 1d when they used their social media to get him votes and also are the only reason for a lot of americans to actually check out our x factor contestants? He's directly benefited and will continue to benefit from their media clout.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If James really did slate One Direction than that's really disappointing considering how much help they gave him last year plugging him on X Factor,Xtra Factor and twitter tweeting his voting number whenever the show was on. Who knows a large portion of his votes could have been down to 1D.

Never understood that 1D appearance in the first live show when they just turned up on stage to say James was their favorite. Nothing like that had ever happened before.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seriously gets on my nerves. His ego is far too big for what he's actually achieved.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If James really did slate One Direction than that's really disappointing considering how much help they gave him last year plugging him on X Factor,Xtra Factor and twitter tweeting his voting number whenever the show was on. Who knows a large portion of his votes could have been down to 1D.

Never understood that 1D appearance in the first live show when they just turned up on stage to say James was their favorite. Nothing like that had ever happened before.

He did not slag them off. Anyway looking forward to the release of his single and album.:):cool:
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member

He said "One Direction don't sell records, they are a marketing product. They sell T-shirts and dolls you moron."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-arthur-slams-one-direction-2285226

Pretty much intimating that the music isn't the important part of their brand. A lot of people would agree with him, although I don't. The merchandising is a fantastic and lucrative by-product, but they also do catchy pop music and sell loads and on that point James is completely wrong. They clearly sell a lot of albums worldwide. The issue for me is that he said it in a direct message, which tells me that he really meant it, he privately disrespects what they do, but knows that he would be in trouble with his bosses if he openly slags 1D. He is a bit stupid too - he must realise that dming someone doesn't stop the message going public if the receiver feels like posting it. Of course he has back-peddled today - his management team must be holding their heads in their hands, wondering how on earth to control him. It's a shame he has slagged off people who have supported him up till now - but I think the "show us your boobs" tweets to a 17 year old girl were far worse.
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like his music, well the style he does and is going to put out but christ, the general public here really are so negative!

The fact that you lot seem to criticize him all the time and not just how he is but how he looks is shocking. I bet a few of you are the type who are so 'anti-bullying' but it's fine to do it to him? Of course he's going to retaliate! He's only been in the public eye for a year or so. I bet it's really hard to just deal with the amount of abuse he gets and sure, he signed himself up for it but I guess nothing can prepare you for it.

I just find it funny that some users who are calling him 'sloth' are the ones with around 20,000 posts on here or otherwise known as being glued to their computer giving hate when someone's trying to make a decent living for themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    He said "One Direction don't sell records, they are a marketing product. They sell T-shirts and dolls you moron."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-arthur-slams-one-direction-2285226

Pretty much intimating that the music isn't the important part of their brand. A lot of people would agree with him, although I don't. The merchandising is a fantastic and lucrative by-product, but they also do catchy pop music and sell loads and on that point James is completely wrong. They clearly sell a lot of albums worldwide. The issue for me is that he said it in a direct message, which tells me that he really meant it, he privately disrespects what they do, but knows that he would be in trouble with his bosses if he openly slags 1D. He is a bit stupid too - he must realise that dming someone doesn't stop the message going public if the receiver feels like posting it. Of course he has back-peddled today - his management team must be holding their heads in their hands, wondering how on earth to control him. It's a shame he has slagged off people who have supported him up till now - but I think the "show us your boobs" tweets to a 17 year old girl were far worse.

I agree! She's called a 17 year old schoolgirl in the papers, had she been slightly younger he would have been in jailbait and peado territory:eek: Lots of teenage kids on twitter who look more mature than they actually are, it's lucky for him that she wasn't underage as well!!
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty much intimating that the music isn't the important part of their brand. A lot of people would agree with him, although I don't. The merchandising is a fantastic and lucrative by-product, but they also do catchy pop music and sell loads and on that point James is completely wrong. They clearly sell a lot of albums worldwide. The issue for me is that he said it in a direct message, which tells me that he really meant it, he privately disrespects what they do, but knows that he would be in trouble with his bosses if he openly slags 1D. He is a bit stupid too - he must

He is rightrealise that dming someone doesn't stop the message going public if the receiver feels like posting it. Of course he has back-peddled today - his management team must be holding their heads in their hands, wondering how on earth to control him. It's a shame he has slagged off people who have supported him up till now - but I think the "show us your boobs" tweets to a 17 year old girl were far worse.

He is right about Ond Direction, but not much else.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think they're really trying to market him as the next Example....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I like James as a singer but...wind your neck in, love.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I don't think slagging off One Direction is the best move, especially considering the fanbase, he will lose directioners support, which could define whether he's anther Leon or makes it.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think James should keep quiet on certain things BUT I do agree with what he said about One Direction
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's basically Matt Cardle 2.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love 1D and i also like james... good for me james tweeted this:

"I like the 1D boys a lot they have been very supportive of me.. I merely said they are a huge marketing super power.. Which they are.."

lolz!! good enough for me ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think the controversy is what i would opt for the premiere of his new single's vid but whatever gives you a *bigger* media coverage, lolz!!

but the vid i like!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    James Arthur will only be successful if Simon Cowell want him to be.

Cowells would rather have a successful boyband than a dozen Leona Lewis, Alexander Burkes or james Arthur's.

The Boybands appeal to his target audience ie young girls who will not only download the music, but all the merchandise etc. Also if you were going to a do a film who would you rather have "the bland Leona Lewis, sour faced James Arthur or a group of 5 young boys.

Arthur might have one more hit, but that will be it.

I tend to agree. whatever he may think, history tells us that most winners to do not achieve lasting success. just thinking of what I would regard as the most marketable winners: leonna, alexander and shayne (all have now largely disappeared) and the one who everyone thought would be the most credible (Matt) was dropped from the label. I wish him well but he needs to tread carefully if he wants a credible career or he'll drop off the radar faster than michelle mcmanus
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    i love 1D and i also like james... good for me james tweeted this:

"I like the 1D boys a lot they have been very supportive of me.. I merely said they are a huge marketing super power.. Which they are.."

lolz!! good enough for me ;)

Well he would say that on his timeline, probably had a bollocking off his management and ordered to back peddle with that rather clumsy statement, which fools nobody but those that want to be fooled - I think his true thoughts are the ones he direct messaged. He said it because he was too idiotic to realise that the guy he was messaging would make it public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he would say that on his timeline, probably had a bollocking off his management and ordered to back peddle with that rather clumsy statement, which fools nobody but those that want to be fooled - I think his true thoughts are the ones he direct messaged. He said it because he was too idiotic to realise that the guy he was messaging would make it public.

as i said-- good enough for me! ;)
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    He's basically Matt Cardle 2.

No way. Matt left Syco/Columbia and they could have kept him on and made sure he was stuck with nothing to do and nowhere to go for a few years. They came to a deal where it was mutual for them to part company, owing to differences of opinion.

Matt then went independent, producing, co-writing and playing most of the instruments on the 2nd album himself as well as providing the majority of the vocals. In other words he had complete control over the direction he wanted his music to go.

'Letters' entered at No. 2, missing out to Noel Gallagher and despite Syco/Columbia not financing the administration for his platinum certification, it sold/shipped enough to go platinum. 'The Fire', which was Matt's own production entered the charts at Number 8, not bad for an Indie with minimum promotion.

He is off to Indonesia next week as he has been requested by Julia Morley who runs the event, to perform at Miss World, performing to a multi-billion audience. He has just released 'Loving You' with Mel C, which entered mid-week sales at number 10, with minimal promotion. It was ignored by the radio stations, excluding Radio 2 and he is due to release his third solo album 'Porcelain' in late October. Another album where he has majority control, co-producing, co-writing, providing the majority of the vocals and also playing the majority of the instruments. Keeps costs down and profits go in Matt's direction. Universal Europe are promoting the album throughout Europe and Radical Records are promoting via the USA. Matt has his own record company which will deal with UK sales.

Will James Arthur be in that position 3 years after winning X Factor? Will he have the respect of the industry and his peers behind him? Will Syco want to keep him on their books? Will he have a 4 octave vocal range to dive into out of plus the breathing technique to hold a tune? Will he be able to create a video like 'Lately' purely for his fans and look as horny as hell in the shoot as he keeps his socks off? Who knows, but James Arthur is so not Matt 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »
    No way. Matt left Syco/Columbia and they could have kept him on and made sure he was stuck with nothing to do and nowhere to go for a few years. They came to a deal where it was mutual for them to part company, owing to differences of opinion.

Matt then went independent, producing, co-writing and playing most of the instruments on the 2nd album himself as well as providing the majority of the vocals. In other words he had complete control over the direction he wanted his music to go.

'Letters' entered at No. 2, missing out to Noel Gallagher and despite Syco/Columbia not financing the administration for his platinum certification, it sold/shipped enough to go platinum. 'The Fire', which was Matt's own production entered the charts at Number 8, not bad for an Indie with minimum promotion.

He is off to Indonesia next week as he has been requested by Julia Morley who runs the event, to perform at Miss World, performing to a multi-billion audience. He has just released 'Loving You' with Mel C, which entered mid-week sales at number 10, with minimal promotion. It was ignored by the radio stations, excluding Radio 2 and he is due to release his third solo album 'Porcelain' in late October. Another album where he has majority control, co-producing, co-writing, providing the majority of the vocals and also playing the majority of the instruments. Keeps costs down and profits go in Matt's direction. Universal Europe are promoting the album throughout Europe and Radical Records are promoting via the USA. Matt has his own record company which will deal with UK sales.

Will James Arthur be in that position 3 years after winning X Factor? Will he have the respect of the industry and his peers behind him? Will Syco want to keep him on their books? Will he have a 4 octave vocal range to dive into out of plus the breathing technique to hold a tune? Will he be able to create a video like 'Lately' purely for his fans and look as horny as hell in the shoot as he keeps his socks off? Who knows, but James Arthur is so not Matt 2.

That made me LOL as much as the sock comment in the Heat magazine article. :p
  • Options
    abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like his music, well the style he does and is going to put out but christ, the general public here really are so negative!

The fact that you lot seem to criticize him all the time and not just how he is but how he looks is shocking. I bet a few of you are the type who are so 'anti-bullying' but it's fine to do it to him? Of course he's going to retaliate! He's only been in the public eye for a year or so. I bet it's really hard to just deal with the amount of abuse he gets and sure, he signed himself up for it but I guess nothing can prepare you for it.

I just find it funny that some users who are calling him 'sloth' are the ones with around 20,000 posts on here or otherwise known as being glued to their computer giving hate when someone's trying to make a decent living for themselves.

i have nowhere near that amount of posts, quite what a number of posts has got to do with it i dont know

infact i think calling James Arthur sloth is an insult to the goonies legend who is undoubtedly better looking than Arthur
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    He is doing my absolute head in.

What a cocky idiot. So he thinks he's gonna be the biggest X Factor star ever? God, it's going to hit him like a tonne of bricks isn't it, when it all comes crashing down.

He hasn't even released an album yet. I swear he's the male version of Azelia Banks or whatever her name is.

Given the track history of X-Factor acts being cocky at this stage (less than a yr after winning) is naive (the politest way I can put it). James Arthur is forgetting that 2 yrs ago Matt Cardle was the "serious, credible" artist out of the X-Factor stable.
    It doesnt matter to Cowell how credible or authentic you are as a singer, its all about the cash. If James dont perform he'll be completing on the same circuit as matt Cardle in 2-3 yrs.

And criticising Cowell's main cash cow at the mo aint wise. Cowell has NO loyalty to any artist- everyone must realise that by now.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who?? :rolleyes: even roadkill has more personality than James :yawn::sleep: