Options

Downton Abbey - ITV1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is everyone looking forward to this?

i have seen the 1st episode and its very good. Intrigue, drama & hint of humour.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to it - looks very good.
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adverts all over the Tube for this - they seem to be doing quite a big publicity push.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to it, it's got a great cast so I'm hoping for good things!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the song and artist that is playing in the trailer for this tv show?
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did you see episode one? Has it Bren seen overseas and if so what was the critical reaction?
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song and artist that is playing in the trailer for this tv show?
    Every Breath You Take by Scala & the Kalancy Brothers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZICJ2ZPh63Y&feature=related
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks brilliant, and I adore period dramas! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't often find myself interested in period dramas, but the advert for it really caught my attention, so i'm definately going to be sitting down to watch it.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob.cryer wrote: »

i have seen the 1st episode and its very good. Intrigue, drama & hint of humour.

Yes, I'm very much looking forward to watching this drama series. It looks very good.

How did you have the privilege of watching the first episode, and why did no one ask me if I wanted to watch a pre-screening? :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks good with a great cast. Unfortunately I'm away from home Sunday night so fingers crossed my Sky+ doesn't let me down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I've read a few things saying the first ep is a bit dull.

Still looking forward to it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Every Breath You Take by Scala & the Kalancy Brothers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZICJ2ZPh63Y&feature=related

Thank you!!!:)
  • Options
    Sun!Sun! Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has had loads of advertising by ITV. There was a trailers on every advert break on Joe Maddisons War last sunday, which Id imagine would have quite a similar audience. With all the adverts in magazines and getting the front cover on TV guide magazines.On the ratings thread quite a few people think it will get over 7 million viewers which would be very good for a drama premiere.

This isnt really the sort of programme Id normally watch but i'll give the first episode a go.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Period drama is not really my thing, but my wife will want to see it, so I'll give it a try.
    They do appear to have assembled a terrific cast, almost every luvvie in the business has appeared in the trailers.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Like all ITV dramas I'll wait to see what the reaction's like on here before giving it a go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the first episode courtesy of a preview dvd

Its really good
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks good with a great cast. Unfortunately I'm away from home Sunday night so fingers crossed my Sky+ doesn't let me down.

It's getting a Sunday teatime repeat the following week.
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im really looking forward to this show...i love this kind of thing..OH is dreading it..hey ho..lol
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't need to watch it, I think I've seen most of it already with all the trailers.
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it - although I may have to keep next week's Radio Times for all the characters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch all of the costume drama thingies - but I have liked some - and at first I thought this was the remake of Upstairs Downstairs! :o but I loved that when it was on, so I will def give this a go - especialy as Liam from Corrie is in it! :o;)
    Plus it really does look good too.
    Something decent on the box for a change!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    I don't usually watch costume drama's, but Downton Abbey looks really good. Great cast.

It's quite a shock to see ITV produce something more upmarket for once. :p
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    bob.cryer wrote: »

Looks good, looking forward to it.
    Can I ask how you saw the first episode so soon? :eek:
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Can I ask how you saw the first episode so soon? :eek:

He already replied to that question. In post #17 he says he saw a preview DVD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    It's getting a Sunday teatime repeat the following week.

Thanks for that. It's a better time for me, should be good post-Sunday lunch viewing.:D