Options

Could somebody explain this Vodafone Ipad offer to me please?

virginskyfanvirginskyfan Posts: 590
Forum Member
✭✭
Thinking of getting an Ipad as a gift but just noticed vodafone have an offer of £32 per month for 2 years:

£32 Per month £ 0.0 off
Per month 2GB
ipad Retina display 16GB White £0

There must be a catch to this I'm just not seeing.On the face of it that's cheaper than buying a brand new ipad and you get 2gb usage per month.
I would guess you get to keep the unit after 2 years just like a mobile so what am I missing(It must be something!)

Comments

• Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    There must be a catch to this I'm just not seeing.On the face of it that's cheaper than buying a brand new ipad and you get 2gb usage per month.
    I would guess you get to keep the unit after 2 years just like a mobile so what am I missing(It must be something!)
    You are "paying" £768 for an iPad which costs £499 if bought outright surely!

Not TOO bad if you need the 2Gb/month - I use PAYG Mobile Data as I don't! Not "cheaper than new" in any event!

You definitely get to keep it after the contract.
  • Options
    virginskyfanvirginskyfan Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    You are "paying" £768 for an iPad which costs £499 if bought outright surely!

Not TOO bad if you need the 2Gb/month - I use PAYG Mobile Data as I don't! Not "cheaper than new" in any event!

You definitely get to keep it after the contract.

Thanks for the info
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info
    Of course it's also like HP and you get to spread out the cost of the iPad over 24 months - a friend is on a similar plan with "3" largely to get this!