Why does the DM readers hate Cheryl Cole?

nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi I just been reading a few Cheryl Cole article on the DMOnline website and some of the comments on her is really mean! Do people really hate her that much? I think she an awesome dancer and is very pretty - so why all the hate?

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where have you been hiding? She's not very popular on here either. I think it stems from a combination of her being completely talentless, vacuous, irritating and never showing any remorse for the incident in the night club toilet. I find her to be one of the most unlikable people in showbiz. Another example of how if the sad middle aged men in the media fancy you, you can become a huge star with no talent to back it up.
  • Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where have you been hiding? She's not very popular on here either. I think it stems from a combination of her being completely talentless, vacuous, irritating and never showing any remorse for the incident in the night club toilet. I find her to be one of the most unlikable people in showbiz. Another example of how if the sad middle aged men in the media fancy you, you can become a huge star with no talent to back it up.

Spot on :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I think it also is due to lots of newspapers calling her 'the nation's sweetheart.' That annoyed me and probably did for others too. She is very over-hyped
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Hi I just been reading a few Cheryl Cole article on the DMOnline website and some of the comments on her is really mean! Do people really hate her that much? I think she an awesome dancer and is very pretty - so why all the hate?

Sorry Anna but the DMO is last in a LONG line of newspapers presenters viewers and readers who detest her
    She's on a par with Kkkaty Price and Peter "loves his kids "Andrex and the I'm not sexy at all million pound contract Ms Reid ...all people DESPERATE for headline attention

Like them she has started to think she is bigger than the groups and shows she performs with and on
    A BIG mistake ...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's one of the Digital Spy "chosen few" where irrationality reigns and incidents from decades ago are clung on to very tightly as a means to bash her with.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    She's one of the Digital Spy "chosen few" where irrationality reigns and incidents from decades ago are clung on to very tightly as a means to bash her with.

A spot on assessment and the voice of reason.

The totally disproportionate 'hate' and hugely irrational dislike for the 'Nation's sweetheart' is at times both tragic and hilarious to observe in equal measure. :D
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a gorgeous picture of her and I'm sticking to it.
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member

What a perfect reply!
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a gorgeous picture of her and I'm sticking to it.

I hope it's laminated.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get the hate
    Is she that bad?
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overhyped, undertalented... L'Oréal doesn't even use Cole's songs in her ads for Feria. She's just a bad dancer with shiny hair who can't perform live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    She's just a bad dancer..

Arlene Philips would disagree .. and i'd say she knows a tad more about what makes a good dancer than, well, everyone in the DS Showbiz forum ..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a385403/cheryl-cole-could-have-been-sensational-dancer-says-arlene-phillips.html#~oGNAEOmTzoTE80
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Can't believe people are still bringing up the toilet incident.. how pathetic
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_James2 wrote: »

If she'd shown some remorse and apologised for it people would have forgotten about it long ago. I don't think Cheryl thinks that she did anything wrong and, you only have took at her family see why, like something from the Jeremy Kyle show Before she joined the X Factor and was PR trained within an inch of her life she was always starting stupid fights with other female pop stars, and was often very aggressive in the way she expressed herself. I remember her calling Gavin Henson ugly and saying that he had a fat head, and all because he was in a relationship with Charlotte Church. Something I always found ironic given that she was married to Trashley Cole at the time.
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok but she did have will.i.am working with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she'd shown some remorse and apologised for it people would have forgotten about it long ago

I highly doubt that.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she'd shown some remorse and apologised for it people would have forgotten about it long ago. I don't think Cheryl thinks that she did anything wrong and, you only have took at her family see why, like something from the Jeremy Kyle show Before she joined the X Factor and was PR trained within an inch of her life she was always starting stupid fights with other female pop stars, and was often very aggressive in the way she expressed herself. I remember her calling Gavin Henson ugly and saying that he had a fat head, and all because he was in a relationship with Charlotte Church. Something I always found ironic given that she was married to Trashley Cole at the time.

Look at Mark Wahlberg. He half blinded a man because of his race and has admitted that he has never apologised to him because he doesn't feel guilty over what he did anymore. The man has racially and physically attacked several people and claims that he has paid for his mistakes. He spend 45 days in prison and went on to become a millionaire. He certainly paid. People still like him for some reason.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arlene Philips would disagree .. and i'd say she knows a tad more about what makes a good dancer than, well, everyone in the DS Showbiz forum ..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a385403/cheryl-cole-could-have-been-sensational-dancer-says-arlene-phillips.html#~oGNAEOmTzoTE80
    "Had she worked[beyond age 9] and continued to train she could have been a sensational dancer." If she had trained, maybe she'd do more than bizarre bandy-legged head swings.

Next we'll have Dr Christian saying if Cheryl had studied medicine she could have been a sensational doctor.^_^
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked to find that Ms Cole is an ambassador to L'Oreal, the French comestics company who are responsible for conducting chemical experiments on animals such as baboons in their laboratories. She doesn't get my respects for this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    "Had she worked[beyond age 9] and continued to train she could have been a sensational dancer." If she had trained, maybe she'd do more than bizarre bandy-legged head swings.

Arlene Philips has had nearly a forty year career in choreography. If she says someone - anyone - could have been a "sensational dancer" I'd say there's a pretty high percentage chance that they could have been.

Unless, obviously, you've had more in-depth experience than Arlene of course and feel better placed to make a more informed judgement ?
  • dumpty2dumpty2 Posts: 152
    Forum Member

Great post Sir.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    Tom_James2 wrote: »

I agree, it's all quite sad really.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arlene Philips has had nearly a forty year career in choreography. If she says someone - anyone - could have been a "sensational dancer" I'd say there's a pretty high percentage chance that they could have been.

Unless, obviously, you've had more in-depth experience than Arlene of course and feel better placed to make a more informed judgement ?

To be offered a place at the Royal Ballet summer school indicates that she's naturally gifted and then some...they're only interested in the very best of the best.

I did ballet as a kid and would have killed my Granny's cat to have that opportunity (sorry Sophie Sybil) :kitty:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A post that's bang on. She'll always be slated by some.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Look at Mark Wahlberg. He half blinded a man because of his race and has admitted that he has never apologised to him because he doesn't feel guilty over what he did anymore. The man has racially and physically attacked several people and claims that he has paid for his mistakes. He spend 45 days in prison and went on to become a millionaire. He certainly paid. People still like him for some reason.
    I didn't know any of that about him but it definitely makes me think of him in a different light. Off to google this now
This discussion has been closed.