Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Even the media are mostly chuntering on about Rooney being sent off, or trying to wind up LVG, instead of the real news about the other ten men who impressively managed to dig one out - like in the old days!

That was ridiculous, what did they expect him to say? "Yeah you're right lads, the fat scouser is an overrated f*****g liability. Van Persie will be skipper from now on"

He's got them sussed already, and I suspect it won't be long before we go back to Fergie-style bannings from press conferences.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love LvG's style when it come to the press and their questions, it is as if they are all beneath him, and their questions are not worthy of an answer!

He doesn't play their game, he plays his own, and says only what he wants to say, it is brilliant to see, far better than car crash Dave.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Does seem like alot of united fans agree rooney should not be captain for united or england but its a case of who else should it be?

We've had Gerrard who was up before the courts on an assault charge, John Terry with a catalogue of misdemeanours, Rio failed to turn up for a drug's test and got a long ban for his trouble. Beckham with allegations of infidelity.

If we are basing the captaintency on good behaviour then I hope no one has any skeletons in their cupboards because we're down to the bare bones for suitable candidates.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't see the game, as I've been away this weekend.

Top result. West Ham have been fairly decent, this season.

Has Balotelli been Tweeting, this week?
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see the game, as I've been away this weekend.

Top result. West Ham have been fairly decent, this season.

Has Balotelli been Tweeting, this week?

Nah I think he been quiet so far Jim.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    I love LvG's style when it come to the press and their questions, it is as if they are all beneath him, and their questions are not worthy of an answer!

He doesn't play their game, he plays his own, and says only what he wants to say, it is brilliant to see, far better than car crash Dave.

I agree, he is a 100 times better than David Moyes, he came across as a bit of a drip to me, he was so boring, Van Gaal press conference's are so much more enjoyable he certainly has more of an edge to him. On Friday you could tell he was getting p*ssed off with some of the daft questions the journalists were asking him. Van Gaal is like Fergie used to be, he will only answer what he wants, he will be banning the Journalists soon i'm sure, he is like a breath of fresh air compared to Moyes.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, Van Gaal has already had more stick from the press than Moyes got in his entire tenure at United.

Considering how we were performing, Moyes got a ridiculously easy ride, partly through him being British and in a top job, and also because the press saw him as a breath of fresh air, friendly and approachable, having spent years dealing with Fergie who treated them with suspicion and contempt for the most part.
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Van Gaal is great to watch/listen. As soon as he's on he has my full attention and I hang on his every word. Moyes was such a charisma vaccuum. I cringed listening to him.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Van Gaal takes no shit, I love it. :kitty:
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exciting time ahead for you lot. May be a few more potholes like Leicester before you get there but I'm convinced LVG will have United back at the top before long.
    As we go into yet another season of Wenger's tired, lazy old shit, I'm insanely jealous.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Exciting time ahead for you lot. May be a few more potholes like Leicester before you get there but I'm convinced LVG will have United back at the top before long.
    As we go into yet another season of Wenger's tired, lazy old shit, I'm insanely jealous.

We had to suffer Moyes first, in fairness.

If Wenger goes, you're probably going to face a similar 'period of adjustment', I suspect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Wenger goes, you're probably going to face a similar 'period of adjustment', I suspect.

Yes, it will be very interesting to see which way Arsenal go in terms of a new manager after Wenger.
    There may well be another period of adjustment, like we had to go through after having a long-term term manager.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member

Probably, Wenger has been at Arsenal forever like Fergie was at United, i thought the Cup final win was the perfect time for Wenger to leave Arsenal as a winner. I think Wenger's best days are probably behind him after all one FA Cup win in 10 years is not that great for a club of Arsenal's standards and his best chance of silverware is to win the FA Cup again. If he was at any other top European club Wenger would be long gone with the record he has had over the last 10 years in many ways he is living of past glories in terms of his first 8 years at the club.

Wenger has done superbly keeping Arsenal in the Champions League but surely that shouldn't be Arsenal's only ambition they should be trying to win the league and Champions League, though without a Sugar daddy like City and Chelsea he is at a disadvantage. Wenger does seem to be stuck in a rut and seems unwilling or unable to move Arsenal onto the next level, he is a legend but surely his time must be coming towards the end, though i get the feeling he wants to stay forever as Arsenal manager, he will be there until 2017 at the earliest.

Wenger will probably never get Arsenal back to the heights of his early reign but Arsenal will probably suffer post Wenger like we have post Fergie. I can understand Arsenal fans being frustrated by Wenger he is stubborn and set in his ways but sometimes you don't know how good something is until it is gone.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Wenger because he comes across as more than a little crazy and is entertaining, but he hasn't won anything (apart from the FA Cup) in many, many years, so it's not like Arsenal is at risk of slipping from Champions to nothing. 4th place and early Champions League exist is all that Arsenal is at risk of losing if Wenger were to leave.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this slipped under the radar:
    In a separate incident, West Ham striker Diafra Sakho may now face retrospective punishment after he allegedly head-butted Manchester United defender Luke Shaw off the ball.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I won't hold my breath for that one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well that certainly hasn't remotely got the same headlines as Rooney's red card, a headbutt is far worse than what Rooney did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say that they will help us to reduce waste, guess that means Anderson is out the door tomorrow then!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sustainable.....technology....partner?

Might as well partner with Oculus and get some of that Facebook money, what is Woodie doing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we are in the market to play some friendly games abroad to make up for the lack of games that we are expierencing this season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wilson, and Adnan are both starting for the under 21's tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good game tonight, Spurs really tested us, it all happened in as very short space of time right near the end of the game, first Adnan scored with a beautiful free-kick in about the 86th minute, then Spurs got the equaliser, thanks to a bit of poor keeping from Anders about a minute or so later, then Tom Thorpe headed in, in the very last minute of the game!
    What a few days for him, making his debut with the senior team, and then scoring a last minute winner!
This discussion has been closed.