Options

Micheal set to quit?

zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Micheal Buerk is said to be on the verge of quitting after feeling he no longer fits into the camp and his only friend in there is Tinchy Stryder.

Bosses are said to be searching for a 11th hour superstar replacement with Tom Daley, Freddie Flintoff and Nicola Adams possible replacements

Comments

• Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Well I am surprised as he is always shown sitting talking to Vicky and he seemed to get on well with Nadia yesterday. Mind I think she would be chatty to anyone she seems like a nice friendly girl.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    If they could get Tom Daley to do it they would have had him in since the beginning to be fair.
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can also see viewers quitting if this show doesn't pick up .
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael doesn't fit in. All the others come from a showbiz background and have nothing in common with Michael. Even Edwina has done "showbiz" to a point, with Strictly, and her writing. Plus she gives me the impression she is there simply to keep to her own agenda and isn't interested in anyone else, so Michael is a sort of enforced 'loner'.

Will he walk? Who knows! He's a clever and very intelligent man, and I feel he is bored out of his mind!
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    It seems to me that Michael and Edwina don't really get on or like each other - seems to be some history.

I also get the impression he has a bit of a 'crush' on Kendra - all this 'I find her fascinating' nonsense. Perhaps he's worrying about how he's being perceived. TBH - he's not really on my radar and doesn't seem to contribute anything of any significance.
  • Options
    rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame him, if he quits he still gets paid, and I don't imagine he's skint for one second and he has no need to up his profile so leave.....
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    his heart hasn't been in it at all, he seems to be treating it like a prison sentence, just getting his head down and doing his sparrow :cool:
  • Options
    rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    his heart hasn't been in it at all, he seems to be treating it like a prison sentence, just getting his head down and doing his sparrow :cool:

You mean Kookaburra ;-).....
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    It seems to me that Michael and Edwina don't really get on or like each other - seems to be some history.

I also get the impression he has a bit of a 'crush' on Kendra - all this 'I find her fascinating' nonsense. Perhaps he's worrying about how he's being perceived. TBH - he's not really on my radar and doesn't seem to contribute anything of any significance.

Believe it or not you can find a person fascinating without fancying them...Well, perhaps not in your world.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    Believe it or not you can find a person fascinating without fancying them..Well, perhaps not in your world.

True; it's possible to find someone from an entirely different background interesting simply because they are from a different background; doesn't mean you even have to like them, let alone fancy them. I think Michael finds Tinchey insteresting, but I doubt he fancies him! :o
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was thinking that too.

Wasn't there some talk about his wife being there, and she was concerned for his weight loss?
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    acid rain wrote: »
    Believe it or not you can find a person fascinating without fancying them...Well, perhaps not in your world.

How patronising.

Of course I know it's possible to find someone fascinating without fancying them - I just happen to think he has a bit of a crush on her.
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought Micheal and Edwina would have a few things to talk about, personally I think he or Vikki will 1st out anyway, apparently his wife said they need new double glazing thats why hes in there, like Edwina needing a extension, practical, rather than fame hungray:)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he must have huge house to double glaze with the fee he's getting? :cool:
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    I would have thought Micheal and Edwina would have a few things to talk about, personally I think he or Vikki will 1st out anyway, apparently his wife said they need new double glazing thats why hes in there, like Edwina needing a extension, practical, rather than fame hungray:)

Hopefully not an extension on her vocal chords.;-):o:o
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I don't blame him, if he quits he still gets paid, and I don't imagine he's skint for one second and he has no need to up his profile so leave.....

Do they still get paid if they quit rather than wait until voted out, if so surely more celebs would do it and then just walk after a few days.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's also of little worth to ITV, because ITV doesn't really 'do' current affairs any more, unless I guess they get 'Keith Lemon' to host a programme. And he's not the type to do panel shows etc, so unlike people like Sykes and that Simon Cowell protege he's not going to help the channel in the future. I suspect that's why he's figuring relatively slightly in the edit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Didn't Michael say he and Edwina knew each other beforehand, or was that someone else?
  • Options
    ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Michael say he and Edwina knew each other beforehand, or was that someone else?

Yes, but they would have had contact via Michael's career as a journalist. (Nothing suspicious as far as I'm aware !)
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bye Michael shut the door on your way out
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES! PLEASE get Nicola in! She'd be amazing!
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    If they could get Tom Daley to do it they would have had him in since the beginning to be fair.

Can you imagine before the series started the producers deliberating "Hmm, who shall we put in? It's between Tom Daley and this Jake fella"?
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be a shame if he does go. It will be hard for the show and the contestants. Perhaps, the trial in which Michael and Nadia had to guess the camp mates loved ones and he was closely situated next to his wife exacerbated his desire to go.
  • Options
    LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he'll quit. I want to see him do a trial but I doubt he'll ever be voted.
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.
    I also think he's an intellectual snob and feels superior but doesn't have his superiority acknowledged.

I wouldn't miss him, he's rather unpleasant.

I think he would have been better if Craig had stayed or if Vicky flirted with him.