Options

CS- Yasmeen Nazir- Shelley King

Comments

• Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    Why does the daughter call her dada G? or whatever she says.

Someone needs to take a course on cross-cultural communication. :D
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    She's bad but not as bad as her son, Kal with the Moobs; really the whole family is terrible but for me he is the worst one as he is dragging Leanne down with him.

I know, what was wrong with pairing him with Maria :confused:
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish but SB seems to love his creations Maddeh Maddeh Maddeh.
    Yasmeen is Shakespearian compared to the girl playing Maddie, who only has one facial expression. .
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely the most annoying character in Corrie. Rest of the family is OK just her.
  • Options
    Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody else think the character is improving.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, both her and that loathsome Kal need to go ASAP.
  • Options
    Charlie_CarterCharlie_Carter Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    No, both her and that loathsome Kal need to go ASAP.

The whole family need to go :D
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes she is improving.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Each to their own but no I don't find any of them in the slightest bit convincing!! Sorry!!
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds her sexy? It's something in the eyes.......
    :o:o:o You're kidding?
    Keviness wrote: »
    She's so annoying, the whole family bar Ches from Shameless need to go.

Why does the daughter call her dada G? or whatever she says.

It's an Asian term of endearment. You can also say Auntie G.
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bear any of them to be honest. Yasmeen is far too strident and harsh for my liking and needs some serious toning down if the new family's going to be a fixture on the street for some time to come. The other family members are even worse - they're neither normal nor OTT, just plain DULL.

(BTW the Dada G comments are making me roar with laughter. Alya calls her grandparents Babaji and Daadiji - not Baba G or Daddy G :D:D:D)
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Catmittens wrote: »
    I can't bear any of them to be honest. Yasmeen is far too strident and harsh for my liking and needs some serious toning down if the new family's going to be a fixture on the street for some time to come. The other family members are even worse - they're neither normal nor OTT, just plain DULL.

(BTW the Dada G comments are making me roar with laughter. Alya calls her grandparents Babaji and Daadiji - not Baba G or Daddy G :D :D:D)

To be fair most people wouldn't know that's how it's spelt unless they are either Asian or have Asian friends who showed them how to spell it. Most non Asian people would have heard the expression without seeing it written down.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Catmittens wrote: »

(BTW the Dada G comments are making me roar with laughter. Alya calls her grandparents Babaji and Daadiji - not Baba G or Daddy G :D:D:D)

From what I understand, these terms are a bit old fashioned and very rarely used these days. But then the Nazirs are an old fashioned family:D
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes so aggressive!
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Nazir family are just awful together. I don't mind half of them on their own, but their scenes together are just cringeworthy. I don't think the writers have done a good job creating a real family here, it feels false.

Individually in scenes with other characters, I honestly don't mind Sharif and Yasmeen, and I really want to like Zeedan too, but Alya is horribly dull and Kal is dreadful.

I found it very, very hard to care about any of the Gary nonsense last night. It was stupid. Almost as bad as the roof incident with shouty Liz.
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is appalling, shouty and unbelievable. Awful over acting and aggressive. She's the reason I can't watch the soap any more. Terrible casting, terrible acting.

The whole family should go too [apart from the daughter, who is fine] as they add nothing to the programme and Leanne has lost all her personality too.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thread exists on this forum where the
    new family are referred to as the 'asian' family
    which annoyed a few members. I wrote on that
    thread and will repeat it here,don't care if they
    are asian, martian, trogs or what, simple fact is that
    they have to be the most BORING family for ages!
    Bad/wooden 'acting; 'shouty' acting, no interest in
    the family or their dreams and aspirations. Get rid!
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I remember feeling similar thoughts when the Battersbys arrived onto the street, I found them OTT, irritating beyond belief, wooden etc. but I eventually grew to really like them especially Leanne and Toyah so maybe the same will happen for me with this family……..but at the moment I seriously doubt it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I remember feeling similar thoughts when the Battersbys arrived onto the street, I found them OTT, irritating beyond belief, wooden etc. but I eventually grew to really like them especially Leanne and Toyah so maybe the same will happen for me with this family……..but at the moment I seriously doubt it.

With the Battersbys (and the Windasses to be fair) it was different! You were starting out with OTT characters who could then be moulded & toned down into characters who fitted into Street life, as happened Toyah, Janice, Leanne eventually, Anna, Gary et al, but in the case of this family, when you start off dull & deathly boring I just don't see any way to change our perception of them, particularly Kal!! Who knows, being the only OTT one among them , Yasmeen might be the only one we end up getting to like!!
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to like them but can't stand a single member of them. Poorly characterised and poorly written. I assume the actors are only doing the best they can with the material they've been given but they just don't feel like a Corrie family at all and those behind the scenes don't seem to be able to see that.

Just to comment, as someone mentioned the Battersbys. To me they were different entirely to what we have with the Nazirs, they arrived and were as hated by viewers as they were by the characters in the street. The writers are clearly trying to get us to like the Nazirs by having characters in the show accept them and welcome them, so when they don't seem to be able to get viewers to like them, something's gone wrong in my opinion.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely NOT. What was that random little scene with her and Sean? She hardly knows him and Muslims abhor homosexuality. Yet we had Yasmin grinnng and fawning around Sean like a mental deficient. Anna should have booted her sorry ass out of the cafe when she expected to hold court in there and do her work and not even buy a cup of tea. Cant stand her and she is still SHOUTING>:(
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling they will turn Kal into a wife beater.

As for Yasmeen she obviously wears the trousers in that relationship, her husband - although having lots of cash - just gives in all the time. I would like to see him put her in her place, "No, we are not moving into a tiny terraced house when we live in a f****** mansion," and, "you wear the f******** santa costume, I'm off to play golf," things like this I would like to see coming out of his mouth
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    I have a feeling they will turn Kal into a wife beater.

As for Yasmeen she obviously wears the trousers in that relationship, her husband - although having lots of cash - just gives in all the time. I would like to see him put her in her place, "No, we are not moving into a tiny terraced house when we live in a f****** mansion," and, "you wear the f******** santa costume, I'm off to play golf," things like this I would like to see coming out of his mouth

Lol Scone!! It would do her the power of good!! Haha!!
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful character and dreadful actress. She reminds me of those "plays" that students put on in the streets in Rag Week.

Not only does she SHOUT she has the most evil look on her face whenever she is in a scene with other actors not her family. The evils she was giving Leanne last night were horrendous. I was hoping Leanne would just say "well sod this for a game of soldiers" and walk out, how dare she talk to another person like that, and her jelly spined son just stood there, Leanne is supposed to be his girlfriend and he just stood like a codfish with his stupid mouth open. The husband was giving evil looks too, don't know who to, but TBH he looked like an axe murderer without the axe.

All in all a truly horrendous family, the whole lot should go, including the "hot" daughter, she may be hot but just like the rest of them she just cannot act to save her life. The son is so wet he drips all over the floor and what is it with wet grandson and moobs that most of their scenes feature them with their mouths open in a village idiot kind of way. They are so awful I cannot even be bothered to learn their names. Another first for The Hat in his attempt to get Corrie off the air completely, just to show that he knows best, we he bl**dy well does not, so there.>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Books! Libraries! Commoooonity