FarCry 3

Comments

• OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Has anyone tried the online multiplayer yet? I really like the look of this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    The A.I on single player seems a bit messed up....bad guys just running round in all directions..some of the animals as well seem to be on top of each other..
    Im not sure on the single player game at moment im at the doctors house,game doesnt seem to flow maybe i need to get into it a little bit more

Had one game of muti player,it seems fine only ever played black ops 1 online seems alot slower than that..suits me better...like the end of muti-player game the best 3 players beat up the best player on other team nice touch...looks ok
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    All those who've ordered the game...please report back and let us know if it's as awesome as previews and reviews would have us believe.

FC1 was a good game but FC2, for all the good reviews, was a steaming pile of cack, so I can't trust "professional" reviews much any more.

An interesting alternative to reviews is to watch people streaming the game. Some are here:

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Far%20Cry%203

Ok it's not like you're playing it yourself but you can sometimes get a good idea of what the gameplay is like.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this so far. Beautiful looking game and so much too see and do. Not sure what the poster above is saying about the game not flowing. I've been working my way to the doctors house for the last hour and it's only the 2nd main story mission isn't it?! I just keep geting sidetracked, every time you turn a corner there is something to explore. So far I have taken out a pack of rabid dogs, explored under water caves, taken over some outpost, assassinated a marked pirate with a knife, gone airborne with a hand glider, killed and skinned a commodo dragon, found a few relics, completed a time trial on a quad bike and unfortunately been eaten by a crocodile!!

I can see this game keeping me occupied for a fair few months. I've played for just over 2 hours tonight and in terms of the story I have only done the extended tutorial and 1 mission out of 38.

Really am impressed at how much there is to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking of getting this tomorrow, i get that its a open world game but which other open world games would you compare it to?

Is it closer to a fallout/skyrim type experience or a GTA/saints row type of game
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Really enjoying this so far. Beautiful looking game and so much too see and do. Not sure what the poster above is saying about the game not flowing. I've been working my way to the doctors house for the last hour and it's only the 2nd main story mission isn't it?! I just keep geting sidetracked, every time you turn a corner there is something to explore. So far I have taken out a pack of rabid dogs, explored under water caves, taken over some outpost, assassinated a marked pirate with a knife, gone airborne with a hand glider, killed and skinned a commodo dragon, found a few relics, completed a time trial on a quad bike and unfortunately been eaten by a crocodile!!

I can see this game keeping me occupied for a fair few months. I've played for just over 2 hours tonight and in terms of the story I have only done the extended tutorial and 1 mission out of 38.

Really am impressed at how much there is to do.

Sounds great! Mine has been posted today so am hoping it will arrive in time to play over the weekend. Looking forward to it...
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Received it today and it's truly a fantastic game!
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this tomorrow, i get that its a open world game but which other open world games would you compare it to?

Is it closer to a fallout/skyrim type experience or a GTA/saints row type of game

Neither really. Out of your options its closest to fallout. What it most reminds me of is Stalker crossed with Just Cause, but better than both.

It really is rather good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Neither really. Out of your options its closest to fallout. What it most reminds me of is Stalker crossed with Just Cause, but better than both.

Never heard of stalker, but just cause 2 is one of my favorite games this generation so your comparison to that has peeked my interest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched a video review on gametrailers and i must say i am 100% sold on this game

i haven't really been following this game as i tried Farcry 2 when i got it for free on PS Plus and i wasn't overly impressed

The one thing that worries me is the review kept saying it best to go into places like outposts using stealth and not with all guns blazing, i guess i'm wondering is it still possible to go in all guns blazing and get the job done
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like the hud, far too busy, I want to explore the world at my own pace, I don't want to be constantly reminded of my next story line objective. Good game but let down slightly by this.

7/10
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »

The fallout mention is encouraging me to buy this.
    is it first or third person?. and are there instant saves or checkpoint saves?
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    The fallout mention is encouraging me to buy this.
    is it first or third person?. and are there instant saves or checkpoint saves?

It's first person and it auto saves, but you can manually save it if you want to!

Did anyone when they went to the doctors house go and get the mushrooms he wanted?

Jeez that was very trippy, but bloody good:D

Like sparky I had a go with hand gliding, but failed as I crashed straight away lol Not come across any crocs yet but have killed loads of bandits, killed loads by running them over in my jeep lol
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's first person and it auto saves, but you can manually save it if you want to!
    Ok, thanks, definately on my to-buy list now then. I wonder if my local Tescos will have it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Just watched a video review on gametrailers and i must say i am 100% sold on this game

i haven't really been following this game as i tried Farcry 2 when i got it for free on PS Plus and i wasn't overly impressed

The one thing that worries me is the review kept saying it best to go into places like outposts using stealth and not with all guns blazing, i guess i'm wondering is it still possible to go in all guns blazing and get the job done

You can play how you want too. If you want to go in all guns blazing you can. Just expect the pirates to trigger the alarm and call in back up. However, you can break the alarm so they are unable to do this if your clever.

Sometimes your tactics don't go to plan. The very 1st outpost you come across in game I planned to do by stealth, however, there was a dog which caught my scent so I had no choice but to shoot everything that moved.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt give this much thought until I read this thread, I'll be buying this at some time :)

I've way too many game to start/complete atm
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Rook Islands are a fun place to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buying this tomorrow, got a long weekend off work, its to cold to be going out anywhere, so I want a really good open world adventure that I can snuggle up in front of the TV with and lose myself in. :)

It's the FarCry3 weekend...
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    Don't like the hud, far too busy, I want to explore the world at my own pace, I don't want to be constantly reminded of my next story line objective. Good game but let down slightly by this.

7/10

I don't mind the HUD, but the pop up messages are annoying you are right.

The actual menu system not that great either. Its really annoying to have to double select to look at shotguns for example. I have also accidentally purchased things i didn't want because its not always clear.

It would be greatly improved with a proper inventory and more standard shop interface.

However these are minor annoyances in an otherwise fantastic experience...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did anyone when they went to the doctors house go and get the mushrooms he wanted?

Jeez that was very trippy, but bloody good:D

Like sparky I had a go with hand gliding, but failed as I crashed straight away lol Not come across any crocs yet but have killed loads of bandits, killed loads by running them over in my jeep lol

Hopefully I will make it to the doctors house when I play tonight. Got side tracked yesterday on my way there and spent about an hour just roaming around doing side quests. Regarding the crocodile, I've only seen one so far and that's the one that eat me. It was during the tutorial when you have to skin the boars and collect the plants. The blue ones were in the water and it was in there and just grabbed me.

I've also read that it helps if you do the ' path of the hunter quests' as you search for so called 'mythical' animals. One of which is an albino crocodile for example. If you kill and skin each one you get special equipment.

There is also an achievement for finding the lost Hollywood star? I wonder what that's about and who it is?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i suppose when i eventually get it, i'll have endless hours of amusement sharing the same name as the main protagonist :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked at some gameplay footage on youtube. This game looks amazing!.
    In terms of graphics and setting it reminds me of a prettier Dead Island (minus the zombies of course)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Just looked at some gameplay footage on youtube. This game looks amazing!.
    In terms of graphics and setting it reminds me of a prettier Dead Island (minus the zombies of course)

It amazing to see on PC.
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Hopefully I will make it to the doctors house when I play tonight. Got side tracked yesterday on my way there and spent about an hour just roaming around doing side quests. Regarding the crocodile, I've only seen one so far and that's the one that eat me. It was during the tutorial when you have to skin the boars and collect the plants. The blue ones were in the water and it was in there and just grabbed me.

I've also read that it helps if you do the ' path of the hunter quests' as you search for so called 'mythical' animals. One of which is an albino crocodile for example. If you kill and skin each one you get special equipment.

There is also an achievement for finding the lost Hollywood star? I wonder what that's about and who it is?

Yeah I remember the bit where you saw the croc, luckily he must have still been full up after eating you so I never got to see it lol:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    It amazing to see on PC.
    Whats it look like on PS3?