Options

Episodes 6-13 or Episodes 7-14

ocavocav Posts: 2,341
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Saturday magazine which comes with the Daily Express is listing tonight's episode as 7/14, however many people on here are listing it as 6/13 with the finale being the 13th episode?

I'm going for it being 7/14 as The Snowmen would have been number 6.

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The Snowmen does make it a bit of an odd series in terms of numbering.

Although not hugely bothered, I would prefer it to be 6-13, just so that it matches Series 1-6 in being 13 episodes long (with 2-6 also having Christmas Specials). I know The Snowmen was an integral part of the series, but so too was The Christmas Invasion to Series 2, and that was never listed as Series 2, Episode 1.

Whatever it says on my DVD is what I'll ultimately stick with, though 6-13 would be neater :D
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think The Snowmen should be episode 6 and The Bells of Saint John episode 7 and I shall refer to them as such when listing episodes etc, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just semantics and doesn't really matter either way. My suggestion is just to go with what you feel is best.
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Snowmen does make it a bit of an odd series in terms of numbering.

Although not hugely bothered, I would prefer it to be 6-13, just so that it matches Series 1-6 in being 13 episodes long (with 2-6 also having Christmas Specials). I know The Snowmen was an integral part of the series, but so too was The Christmas Invasion to Series 2, and that was never listed as Series 2, Episode 1.

Whatever it says on my DVD is what I'll ultimately stick with, though 6-13 would be neater :D

But a massive difference between The Christmas Invasion and The Snowmen in that TCI was before Series 2 whereas TS was in the middle of Series 7. If Series 7 had just been 5 episodes and Series 8 was what we are getting starting this evening, then, fine, it would have been S7 1-5, Christmas Special, S8 1-8. But as it is all Series 7 then I think it has to be S7 1-14.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But a massive difference between The Christmas Invasion and The Snowmen in that TCI was before Series 2 whereas TS was in the middle of Series 7. If Series 7 had just been 5 episodes and Series 8 was what we are getting starting this evening, then, fine, it would have been S7 1-5, Christmas Special, S8 1-8. But as it is all Series 7 then I think it has to be S7 1-14.

It does all boil down to whether you think the fact The Snowmen is between episodes makes a difference to it or not. It is also slightly confounding because of The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe not really having a series associated with it as such.

So far I don't believe there is any right or wrong answer though :)
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it had always been thought of as episode 7? All the previous Christmas episode have officially had an episode number, right? Except for The Christmas Invasion which was 2.X or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it had always been thought of as episode 7? All the previous Christmas episode have officially had an episode number, right? Except for The Christmas Invasion which was 2.X or something.

The Christmas Invasion - 2.X
    The Runaway Bride - 3.X
    Voyage of the Damned - 4.X
    The End of Time - Was officially 4.17 and 4.18
    A Christmas Carol - 6.X

Then it got complicated, as The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe wasn't officially part of either Series 6 or Series 7. If you were to count it as a precursor to Series 7 (which in a way, it kind of feels like) then perhaps The Snowmen is part of the Series 7 main, but then The Snowmen is also confusing too as it sits in the middle of Series 7, rather than at the start of it :p

In contradiction to a previous post of mine, I'd happily settle TDTWATW as 7.X and then The Snowmen as part of an extended seventh series. :D
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    The Saturday magazine which comes with the Daily Express is listing tonight's episode as 7/14, however many people on here are listing it as 6/13 with the finale being the 13th episode?

I'm going for it being 7/14 as The Snowmen would have been number 6.

I am too to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah Series 7 is 14 episodes AAAHRIIITE :cool:

TDTWTW is 7X and the rest are 1 - 14....there, done, sorted :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm calling it "1/8." Much easier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I know its not the way theyre doing it, and I might be the only one who thinks this, but it feels more like series 7 was 6 episodes long including TS, then this is series 8 (or The Snowmen is like 8x00). When theres a new companion, new story arch/mystery to solve, new TARDIS, new mood for the Doctor, it just feels like a new chapter...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andy741 wrote: »
    I know its not the way theyre doing it, and I might be the only one who thinks this, but it feels more like series 7 was 6 episodes long including TS, then this is series 8 (or The Snowmen is like 8x00). When theres a new companion, new story arch/mystery to solve, new TARDIS, new mood for the Doctor, it just feels like a new chapter...

I'd usually agree with this, but then the inclusion of JLC in Asylum of the Daleks creates a strong enough tie to the earlier episodes for it all to feel connected to me...personal opinion of course. :) Not to mention the potential for any ongoing plot line we haven't seen resolved yet...I still never got all the references to lightbulbs that we saw in 7A (Asylum of the Daleks - Amy's dressing table, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship - Brian having to fix the light fitting, A Town Called Mercy - lights flickering in Mercy, The Angels Take Manhattan - River commenting on the TARDIS light needing changing).